Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:41 am

Another new character was added today and S0L and the Sumo team, with the help of a few select players, are going to be removing times and scores from the leaderboards that are proven to be cheaters.

The new character is Willemus, a Roman Legionnaire from Rome Total War II

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:15 pm

"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Uber!
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Uber! » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Why? I used to watch the Yogscast until their popularity got to their heads. I wonder how much they paid Sega to put him in the game.
Weep not for roads untraveled
Weep not for sights unseen
May your love never end
And if you need a friend
There's a seat here alongside me

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Dec 01, 2013 10:30 pm

Sumo has already stated that there are no plans for new tracks, mainly due to the resources required to build one. Given the size of their team (which i'm not actually sure of) they likely can't divert any resources into track development; I believe they're currently working on another game entirely and I think I heard rumors that it's for Nintendo.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:23 pm

On the lack of new tracks: read this, but replace "Valve" with "Sumo," "TF2" with "SASRT," "weapon" with "track," and "hat" with "character." Seriously, game design is not a simple, clear-cut process. Be thankful there are as many tracks as there are right now. Not that I wouldn't like to see more too, of course, but having actually gone through the process of making a game from scratch multiple times in the past two years (ten, to be exact - I have my complete portfolio available as proof), I know that a lack of new content is never due to laziness, and I'm getting rather tired of people who believe it is, to say the least. (To give you some idea of how strongly I feel about this: I had to re-write this response several times until there was no profanity left and a full paragraph of off-topic ranting was removed.)

I've never watched Yogscast, but the more I hear about them, the less I want to. Hype aversion, and all that. Needless to say I will not be picking this DLC up. It's quite frankly disgusting to see yet another instance of the indie world exploiting charitable giving as a means of cheap and out-of-place publicity. "We're clearly only doing it for free advertising in a place where we really aren't welcome, but we're giving to charity, so you can't criticize us!" Yeeeeah, you just go on living in that little world of yours, kid.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:00 am

Not to derail this amazing discussion, but I found this humorous clip of my time trial exploits while digging through my video files.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:15 pm

Say what you will about it, but charity does make for a good incentive to sell something. Below is a letter to Sega and Sumo Digital from the founder of Special Effect (the charity that Yogscast' is supporting). In addition, on the sales side of things, S&ASRT has reached a second all-time high in players (not just free weekenders either, actual sales). The Yogscast charity DLC has also outsold Metal Sonic by a wide margin.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/212480/di ... 708593102/

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:15 pm

Nevertheless, $5 for this game is pretty damn good. Even with all of it's problems, we just don't have many cart racers available on PC. I've been streaming the game all day and people seem to be enjoying it.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:58 pm

Indeed, if anyone is on the fence about this game, get it now while it's still only $5. It's well worth it - it's basically what Mario Kart should have been after 20 years, but somehow wasn't. We need a bigger group to play with (and we need to play more often, especially over the upcoming Christmas break)!