Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)

A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Post by Will T. » Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:04 am

Apparently a second secret mission is hidden in the demo. This one gets you a Nugget to take to the full game alongside all your other items. More interestingly, completing it causes small changes in Mossdeep City in the demo, including one of the two guys outside of the Poke Mart leaving (you still can't go in), new dialog for Tate and Liza at the gym, and the removal of the invisible obstruction in front of Steven's house, allowing you to enter and see his rock collection. You can also sit on his furniture, which means REAL-TIME SITTING(TM) is back!

Apparently this Nugget mission may occur randomly when talking to Steven after 2 weeks of having/playing the demo. Game Director Shigeru Ohmori seemed to hint in an interview where he confirmed the unlocking of this mission after 2 weeks that more content may unlock as more time passes.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:48 pm

A new trailer. While this is all old news, it appears to use more finalized visuals.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:36 am

The Eon Ticket event has been announced to be an actual event and appears to function like it did in the original RSE (travel to Southern Island to catch the Eon Dragon that is not native to your game), but there's going to be a catch with this one.

Based on information from Serebii, the ticket will be obtainable through an event. Masuda himself will attend a launch event in the UK on November 29th with an Eon Ticket in tow. The post is vague, but it states that 15 winners will be sent to other stores. From there, the Eon Ticket will spread between games via Streetpass; the Eon Ticket is a viral achievement. To obtain it you will have to find someone who has it and interact with them through Streetpass. You will never lose your ticket once you have it, but can continuously share it with whomever you meet.

Here's the US news article: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/ ... treetpass/

Another thing worth mentioning: Pokemon Puzzle Challenge is now available on the eShop. Buying it will also give you a download code for the OR/AS demo if you don't already have the demo.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:37 pm

Ten days left guys! CAN YOU FEEL THE HYPE?

Since Corocoro is late in generating hype with its leaks this month, and might not even have any new info anyway since we're so close to release, I've decided to try compiling all the new features announced so far for ORAS:
VIEW CONTENT:
- New Mega Evolutions:
--- Steelix
--- Glalie
--- Pidgeot
--- Beedrill
--- Camerupt
--- Sharpedo
--- Gallade
--- Slowbro
--- Audino
--- Altaria
--- Salamence
--- Lopunny
--- Metagross
--- Diancie
--- Sableye
--- Latios and Latias
--- Rayquaza
--- Swampert and Sceptile, joining Blaziken to give all 3 Hoenn starters Mega Evolutions
- Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre
- All past-gen non-event legends not in XY available in-game, including version mascots
- The PokeNav Plus, a hugely upgraded version of the original PokeNav which now controls the bottom screen with its new features:
--- DexNav
----- Hunt down specific Pokemon in the grass
----- Register Pokemon in the field without battling
----- Keep track of which 'mons you've caught on which route
----- Upgrade the DexNav through hunting for specimens repeatedly to unlock the ability to hunt for specific abilities (including Hidden Abilities), moves (including egg moves), and IVs
--- AreaNav
----- Upgraded version of the Town Map
------- Looking at the map on the linked page reveals several marked areas in East Hoenn that didn't exist in RSE, and official artwork shows new islands and caves that aren't visible on the in-game map on that page
----- Fly to any previously-visited down straight from the map
----- Keep track of which Pokemon species live where
----- Find NPC trainers looking for rematches
----- Keep track of Super Secret Base locations
----- Keep track of which Berries are growing where
--- BuzzNav
----- Handles the games' StreetPass features - get others' Super Secret Bases
----- TV shows deliver info like Mirage Spot locations and provide flavor in the same way TV shows in previous games did when interacting with TVs in houses
--- PlayNav
----- All of Pokemon X and Y's bottom-screen features in one interface: PSS, Pokemon-Amie, and Super Training
----- PSS includes all the same features that were in XY: PvP battling/trading, Battle Spot, Wonder Trade, Shout-Outs, the Holo-Caster, GTS, Game Sync, O-Powers, favorites, and your player profile
----- Pokemon-Amie includes some new animations for Pokemon
----- Super Training is the same as in XY
- Soaring on Mega Latios/Latias allows free flight over Hoenn, the ability to land on routes instead of just in cities and towns, and access to sky battles and some new/previously-inaccessible areas
--- Mirage Spots contain the legendary Pokemon from previous games
- A shiny Beldum holding Metagrossite will be distributed for early adopters until January 14, 2015
- Team Magma and Team Aqua character redesigns
- The Pokemon Contest Spectacular, an updated/upgraded version of gen 3's Pokemon Contests
--- Contest Idol Lisia introduces contests along with her Mega-Evolving Altaria named Ali
--- A special Cosplay Pikachu acquired in-game can don costumes themed to the five contest categories, granting it access to new moves that Pikachu can't otherwise learn
- Super Secret Bases are improved versions of Hoenn's Secret Bases, and can be shared with others via the Internet or StreetPass
--- Secret Base expert Aarune introduces Super Secret Bases alongside his Flygon
- Horde encounters from XY return, and now include trainer horde battles against Team Magma/Aqua
- The Mach Bike and Acro Bike return, with design and color differences to tell them apart visually
- Wally's male Gardevoir is now replaced with a Gallade, who will Mega Evolve during your battles
- Characters in the overworld have much nicer animations, including stepping when turning to face a new direction, animating much more fluidly when interacting with you, and changing facial expressions
- The official site has a page solely about Zigzagoon for some reason
I'm sure I missed a ton of stuff, but it's nice to be able to see all that info in one place. The wait is almost over!

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Wed Nov 12, 2014 8:40 pm

The Corocoro leak is finally here! Not a lot of new info unfortunately, but that's to be expected this close to launch.

Pages:

[1] - Info on all the past-gen non-mascot legendaries catchable in ORAS
[2] - Mega Rayquaza vs. Deoxys - will there be a Deoxys event? Probably only in Japan... A screenshot in the lower-right of these pages seems to show something in low orbit. Do we finally get to ride the rocket?
[3] - Japan has some kind of promo coming up in which you can collect code cards which will get you Shaymin, Keldeo, and Victini. No news on a Western equivalent.
[4] - The Regi Trio + Regigigas. I can't read anything on the page of course, but it makes me curious if Regigigas is going to keep his restriction of requiring the other three Regis in order to awaken him.
[5] - Another new character? I don't recall anything being said about this character previously. EDIT: People on Reddit are thinking this is Lorekeeper Zinnia, a name leaked in text dumps of the ORAS demo.
[6] - More Team Magmaqua art.

More news as it becomes available.

EDIT: Serebii is claiming that the page indicates that Deoxys will be available in-game. For the first time ever, an event 'mon becomes a non-event 'mon. The ORAS booth guy at PAX said something "mind-blowing" would happen in ORAS's postgame without giving any details; is this what he was talking about? Do we ride the rocket and fight Deoxys in space? I'm pretty sure brains will explode if that actually happens.

EDIT 2: The Deoxys-related quest is called "Episode Delta." It appears that Mega Rayquaza is involved.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:32 am

If anybody wants it, I'm sitting on an extra Diancie code from Gamestop. I can't claim it myself (limit one per game) and seeing as how the card says the event ends in three days, I figure i'd dump it here. Enter this code into X/Y Mystery Gift and let me know when you claim it:
A4AZ-DRK9-N6UY-R7CT Guardian got it.
Last edited by Zork Nemesis on Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:30 am

A new trailer containing all of yesterday's Corocoro info is up now. That was fast!

Key points:

-The Delta Episode is confirmed to be a quest in which a meteor is headed for Poke-Earth, and you have to work with a bunch of the main story characters to stop it while Team Magma/Aqua get in the way
-Someone in a spacesuit rides Mega Rayquaza into space (could be the player, but no info was actually given), where it fights Deoxys
-The new character is confirmed to be Zinnia, and her dialog sounds similar to N's trying-to-be-deep-but-failing-miserably way of speaking from Black/White
-Wallace plays some kind of role during the Delta Episode and makes a reference to AZ from XY
-A run-down of all the non-mascot legends available in Mirage Spots
-The Regi Trio are listed along with the Mirage Spot legends for some reason - I'd prefer it if they were still obtainable from their old spots; this is a remake, after all ...
-Regigigas is confirmed to require the other three Regis in order to awaken him
-A reminder to transfer Glalie from the demo

EDIT: An interview with the devs (not in English, but you can Google Translate it) reveals that there are more Mega Evolutions in ORAS than the 20 or so that have been revealed already. Those of you holding your breath for Mega Flygon and/or Milotic might have a reason to continue doing so. The same interview also states that the National Dex can be completed between XY and ORAS. The devs say several times in that interview that there are a lot of as-yet-unrevealed surprises for the new games, so even with the massive amount of info we've gotten, there's a lot more to be discovered. I might have to get offline for a few days in order to find it all for myself without getting spoiled by mistake...

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:06 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:If anybody wants it, I'm sitting on an extra Diancie code from Gamestop. I can't claim it myself (limit one per game) and seeing as how the card says the event ends in three days, I figure i'd dump it here. Enter this code into X/Y Mystery Gift and let me know when you claim it:
A4AZ-DRK9-N6UY-R7CT
"No way this isn't claimed yet but I might as well try"

*enters code*

"HOLY CRAP I GOT IT!"

Thanks a lot Zork!

Also I found out if you don't want to sign up for anything you can get a Alpha and omega demo code here:

http://www.ytv.com/blog/get-a-special-d ... code-today
Last edited by Guardian on Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:37 am

ORAS Demo Code, courtesy of me buying Pokemon Trading Card Game
A05P-JXH0-2B98-U7VR

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:26 pm

Since nobody at school seems to want them, here are a couple of extra ORAS demo codes I have from the Nintendo newsletter:

A061-TMKA-058B-SSVB
A061-PGSR-00GQ-3PL6

Please post or Steam-message me if you claim them so I can know they're gone!

EDIT: More news!

There are a lot of brand-new pages on the ORAS site, including stuff not in the trailer or Corocoro. Of note:

-Delta Episode details - It appears that the XY plot will tie into this quite heavily, as will Mega Evolution in general.
-Deoxys details - This page confirms that Deoxys is catchable!
-The Regis - The Braille puzzles are back, as is the requirement of catching the original trio to awaken Regigigas.
-Non-mascot legends in Mirage Spots - Heatran's section on this page hints that Mirage Spots aren't the only place where non-Hoenn legends will be available. The top of the page also seems to hint at some exclusivity regarding which legends are available in which game. It's possible that the dogs/pixies/deer-abominations will be one per game based on your starter, but there's nothing to confirm or deny it.
-Wallace in his ... extravagant outfit - He plays a major role in the Delta Episode and drops references to XY in his dialog.
-A new minecart-themed mini-game is coming to the Global Link - This game's distributed items are all Poke Balls. Notably, you can win Master Balls from this game. It's probably meant to make catching the buttload of legends in ORAS a little easier. Quite the contrast to XY's utter lack of anything worth Master Ball-ing. It sounds like this one will actually have different Poke Mile costs for the higher levels, which will give out Poke Balls in greater quantities (note that level 1 gives one of each according to the screenshots). Level 1 only costs 20 apparently, which is quite odd given that the prizes can be much more valuable than the other games.
-Diancie Mega Stone acquisition - It looks like it's just handed to you upon getting Diancie in-game and going to a Pokemon Center.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:58 pm

This could just be a UK thing, but according to this website if you register on Club Nintendo a 3DS system and Smash Bros 3DS or Pokemon ORAS between September 11th and January 12th you can receive a free download for one of seven other games. Again no confirmation on the US side of things.

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/offers/nint ... -game.list

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Tue Nov 18, 2014 6:35 pm

I might wait on some impressions before buying another remake (something tells me I'm going to get the game regardless though) but I'm stuck at a crossroad. Do I get Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? On one hand I played Ruby last generation so naturally I should want to try out the other side and go Sapphire but I already have a Kyorge and Omega Groudon is so cool!

What's everyone else after?

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:17 pm

I'm going for Alpha Sapphire. I only played gen 3 for the first time less than a year ago with Sapphire (had some help from a fellow Villun in acquiring a legitimate copy - the GBA Pokemon games are sadly some of the most-counterfeited games of all time), and while I'd like to see what Ruby has to offer, I also want to see the adventure I'm familiar with redone in 3D. I also like Kyogre's design more than Groudon's for whatever reason.

Reviews have been coming in today - most places are averaging ~9/10, although IGNorance gave it a 7.8/10 for having "too much water." Whatever you say, Team Magma.

In related news, Pokemon Bank has a patch out today which adds ORAS compatibility. You can't use Bank anymore without it, so nab it from the eShop when you get the chance.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Wed Nov 19, 2014 4:48 pm

Hmm other then the old Ruby and Sapphire pokemon exculsive list, I'm having trouble finding any sort of solid exculsive pokemon list for each version though some leakers are exploring the game right now.

If it wasn't for Omega Groudon being immune to freaken water, I'd just go with Alpha but other then the main box guy the exculsives in either old version don't interest me at all (not meantion it's easy to get on the GTS). In fact the only reason thing I can see being hard for me to get ahold of is mega-stones which is why getting Groudon is high on my priority.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:58 pm

Only 24 hours to go until the US launch!

While going through my Pokemon Bank boxes, I found that I have fifteen 5IV Careful nature Audinos from a previous breeding project. If anybody wants one for ORAS, be it for its new Mega Evolution or because you're one of the three people on the planet who uses Audino for anything, I'm looking to give them out. All are level 1 with no EVs. None are 5IV -SpAtk unfortunately, but you can have your pick of literally any other 5IV spread. :P All of them have Pokerus - bring the virus to Hoenn right from the start!

I also have more 4IV and 5IV Snorunts than I know what to do with, also up for grabs. Some are Brave nature with an IV of 0 in Speed from a probably-ill-advised effort to get one that's effective at using Gyro Ball, while others are Timid nature with 4-5 perfect IVs. Some are even comp-perfect, with 5IVs -Atk. Both genders are available, and like Audino, all come with Pokerus. A few of the ones with 0 Speed also have Moody, Snorunt's Hidden Ability.

Also, Weedles. Same deal with 4-5 perfect IVs; Jolly nature on all. These guys were bred to be in a Level Ball, otherwise exclusive to HeartGold and SoulSilver.