Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)

A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Pokémon X and Y

Post by Supreveio » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:03 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:I'm disappointed, you can't Thief the champion's Mega Stone. I lost my first attempt and wanted to do this when I reloaded my save.
Mega Stones can't be stolen with Thief or Covet, swapped with Trick or Switcheroo, or knocked off with... Knock Off. They also cannot be flung with Fling or given away with Bestow. Embargo and Magic Room have no effect on a Mega Stone activating.

Zork Nemesis wrote:Imagine my surprise when, first attempt, I steamrolled three of them with a mid-50s team
You got there with a team in the mid 50s? I got to the Pokemon League with a team in the early 80s (and one in the early 70s)
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:18 pm

Supreveio wrote:You got there with a team in the mid 50s? I got to the Pokemon League with a team in the early 80s (and one in the early 70s)
I turned off the Exp. Share after a while. It didn't feel right for some reason. But yeah, my hall of fame entry is a team of 58-60, and the 60 didn't even do anything except die in one shot every time I pulled him out. Raichu, Delfox, Blastoise (with stone), Lucario (with stone), Skarmorry, and Druddigon.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:30 pm

I just transferred some 'mons from Gen 3 to Gen 6. Quite the undertaking right there. Six pieces of software across two pieces of hardware. Took around 30 minutes in all.

On a related note, if anyone wants a Feebas, I can acquire eggs for them now.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:01 am

The people of Kalos are pretty damn ungrateful, Lumiose City in particular. I can't buy clothes at your store because i'm not "stylish enough", I can't eat at your sushi restaurant because "i'm some greenhorn". Did you people miss the huge parade in my honor? I'm the goddamn Pokemon League Champion and I saved your region from being annihilated by an ancient superweapon. Does my Medal of Kalos and my Hall of Fame status get me no respect throughout the world? Surely there must be some benefit to being a national hero besides having access to Battle facilities, right?

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:04 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:
Supreveio wrote:You got there with a team in the mid 50s? I got to the Pokemon League with a team in the early 80s (and one in the early 70s)
I turned off the Exp. Share after a while. It didn't feel right for some reason. But yeah, my hall of fame entry is a team of 58-60, and the 60 didn't even do anything except die in one shot every time I pulled him out. Raichu, Delfox, Blastoise (with stone), Lucario (with stone), Skarmorry, and Druddigon.
boys! boys! your pokephalluses are of equal length.

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:42 pm

I am a mummy wrote:
Zork Nemesis wrote:
boys! boys! your pokephalluses are of equal length.

I left it on to have a nice balanced team and actually not grind for a billion hours.
I am the 1%!

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:15 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:The people of Kalos are pretty damn ungrateful, Lumiose City in particular. I can't buy clothes at your store because i'm not "stylish enough", I can't eat at your sushi restaurant because "i'm some greenhorn". Did you people miss the huge parade in my honor? I'm the goddamn Pokemon League Champion and I saved your region from being annihilated by an ancient superweapon. Does my Medal of Kalos and my Hall of Fame status get me no respect throughout the world? Surely there must be some benefit to being a national hero besides having access to Battle facilities, right?
Has beating the E4 ever earned anyone respect in the games? As far as I can recall, only the local professors ever really take notice, and even then they sort of forget about it after a while. (In X/Y in particular the people's snubbing of the player as champion/successful counter-terrorist sort of fits the stereotype of French people thinking highly of themselves and looking down their noses at everyone else, what with Kalos being based on France. Not sure if that was intentional or not.)

Serebii appears to have some information on how to become more stylish, if it helps. I can say from experience that you don't have to do nearly everything on that list to get into the boutique - I've done maybe a third of it, and I can get in just fine. The thing in the Lumiose Press has a high effect according to that, and it's probably the easiest task on there (it also acts as a free fast-travel system within Lumiose, unlike the expensive taxi and less-expensive-but-you-still-have-to-pay Gogoat shuttle), so I'd recommend doing that if you haven't already.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:40 pm

I found a tip that says simply buying 150 Premier Balls from the Poke Ball shop is all you actually have to do to go from 0 to max style. I'm gonna have to try that.
I am a mummy wrote:boys! boys! your pokephalluses are of equal length.
It's not like I was doing it intentionally to prove a point, I just prefer the old style of experience gain.

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:02 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:I found a tip that says simply buying 150 Premier Balls from the Poke Ball shop is all you actually have to do to go from 0 to max style. I'm gonna have to try that.
I just looked into this too and I read you have to do it one at a time. That's gonna bring back nightmares of beating the 15 minute melee in SSBM.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:37 am

Only took about 3 minutes to buy a hundred of them, but you do have to do it one at a time. The best way to check your progress is to talk to the Mega Stone seller in that one shop (if you haven't already bought them). The more 'stylish' you are, the lower the price, eventually capping at 10,000. So I did this, I went into that boutique, and within three minutes I was out 300,000. If you've got that discount coupon, here's the best place to use it because that fedora is so worth it for the guys.

Other perks of being 'stylish':
-Access to the sushi bar
-Cab fare discounts
-Mega Stone prices slashed
-Extra hair options at the barbershop
-Extra effects for PR Videos
-Compliments from everyone about how 'stylish' you are today.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:05 am

Here's an annoying discovery: I just got my Sneasel to evolve last night and I'm trying to give it the moveset I wanted it to have back when I had a Weavile in Gen IV. Sadly I cannot seem to find a way short of breeding it with a Smeargle to teach it Ice Punch in this generation. I'm a bit bummed about this because I'm no good at breeding for moves/stats (though I know breeding stats is kinda moot now). Looks like if I want my Ice Punching Weavile, i'll have to get him from my Gen 4 games, which will probably take a while.

This is particularly annoying though for a reason: one of the Team Flare admins you have to fight fields a Weavile that knows Ice Punch. What the hell, Game Freak! I hope that if they come out with X/Y 2 or Z, they'll add move tutors for stuff like this, because this seems like a whole lot of trouble for one move.

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:43 am

You can breed Icicle Crash on Sneasel now anyway so it might be a blessing.

cam
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by cam » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:31 pm

so if you guys could friend me so I can get some more safaris, thatd be great

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:04 pm

CoroCoro has officially revealed "Diancie," one of the three hidden 'mons whose images have been drifting around on the 'Net since shortly after launch. Not a whole lot is known yet, but it is Rock/Fairy (same as Carbink, to which it bears some physical resemblance) and it will star in an upcoming movie. One can assume there will be an event distribution involving it at some point, but nothing official has been said in that regard as of yet.

Zork Nemesis wrote:Here's an annoying discovery: I just got my Sneasel to evolve last night and I'm trying to give it the moveset I wanted it to have back when I had a Weavile in Gen IV. Sadly I cannot seem to find a way short of breeding it with a Smeargle to teach it Ice Punch in this generation. I'm a bit bummed about this because I'm no good at breeding for moves/stats (though I know breeding stats is kinda moot now). Looks like if I want my Ice Punching Weavile, i'll have to get him from my Gen 4 games, which will probably take a while.

This is particularly annoying though for a reason: one of the Team Flare admins you have to fight fields a Weavile that knows Ice Punch. What the hell, Game Freak! I hope that if they come out with X/Y 2 or Z, they'll add move tutors for stuff like this, because this seems like a whole lot of trouble for one move.
Illegal and/or extremely obscure movesets used by NPC opponents are anything but new. It's kinda sad to see that several of them (I still shudder at the mere mention of Lance's Aerodactyl ...) make what would otherwise be a straightforward battle into a strategic nightmare. Can't they put together a challenging fight without resorting to cheating? :P

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:51 am

abiscuit wrote:You can breed Icicle Crash on Sneasel now anyway so it might be a blessing.
I'd rather have Ice Punch to be honest. Ice Punch is guaranteed to hit (barring accuracy/evasion changes) and can freeze. Icicle Crash is only 10 power stronger, but has a 90 for accuracy and only causes flinching (though the flinch chance is higher than Ice Punch's freeze chance; 30% flinch to 10% freeze).

Also I've already gone ahead and done the breeding with a Smeargle that knows Ice Punch, so there's that. Best way to do it: Get Jynx from the Frozen Cave, get a male Smeargle on Route 7. Teach Jynx Ice Punch (should be able to just get it from the Move Remember if it doesn't already know it). Take the two to Restaurant Le Wow? (the one-star place in Lumiose) and have them fight together. Let Jynx throw Ice Punch and let Smeargle Sketch it. Bam! Done.