Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)

A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:44 pm

My plan worked! I started up my copy of Alpha Sapphire on a 3DS that was set up to think it was in Saudi Arabia. Now, despite actually being located in New Hampshire, my copy of AS produces the very rare Sandstorm Vivillon pattern. Maybe I can barter back those legendary beasts I traded off to get some of them with these guys; the one I bred for testing purposes was successfully GTS'd for a Latios, so I've got high hopes right now.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:28 am

Awesome reference by GameFreak: The Eon Flute plays a sound clip when you use it. The sound clip in question is a slightly altered version of the Flute from Zelda: Link to the Past. I had a slight nerdgasm when I heard it after I used the flute the first time.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:19 pm

Dang it Primal Groudon was the first story legendary in years where I caved and just tossed a master ball. At first I thought he'd be a simple catch like all the other story legendaries but then I realized his catchrate sucked and I realized I was staring at a level 45 Super Uber pokemon that's immune to thunder wave, can one or two shot most of my team (they were level 40) and had REST!!! Altaria was able to tank most of his attacks but eventually I was close to struggling due to everyone depleting PP.

I'm adding this jerk to my team, despite the fact that I usually have a no ubers rule, I earned this game and I need a fire type on the squad anyways.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:28 pm

I'm discovering just how much berry farming is improved in ORAS over XY. There are no fertilizers to make things complicated, and berry growth is faster and more profitable. I tried planting some of the rare berries from XY, including Enigma Berries, and got 6-7 berries per tree, compared to 1-3 in X. (Starf and Lansat only gave 3 each, but that's still equal to the max they could give in XY.) Additionally, the Kee/Maranga/Starf/Lansat/Enigma trees which took 96 hours to grow in XY now take only 48. Just be sure to water everything a couple times a day (otherwise the crop is reduced), and you can grow a crazy number of rare berries incredibly quickly.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Wed Dec 24, 2014 1:55 pm

I just beat the elite 4 with an underleveled team with every member members under level 50 and the youngest member being 42. It was probably my favorite part of the journey since every elite 4 fight required strategy and I didn't just curbstomp them like the Kalo Elite 4.

Here's my final squad:

Sceptile: In the end I didn't use use Mega-evolution except in some key moments, another member of the team needed it more. Like all the starters Sceptile is a pretty sweet starter. He was always a key back-up pokemon against the elite 4 and pulls through for me a couple times.

Gallade: Gallade proved to be an excellent pokemon in the elite 4 even though he went down early against Sydney due to a Aerial ace from Absol when I was depending on his close-combats cleaning up everyone.

Altaria: The undeniable star of the team with her mega form. A Dragon/Fairy type spamming pixelate returns, Earthquake, Draco Meteor and using Dragon Dance is stupidly strong. Drake was the only elite 4 member that could knock anyone out from my team and it's thanks to this fluffy cloud sweeping the entire team after 3 Dragon dances. She was able to eliminate a lot of key pokemon on other teams as well.

Sharpedo: Like I said earlier speed boost made this guy so much fun. I essentially could outspeed every pokemon as long as I left Sharpedo out for one turn. That being said if he didn't one-shot something and didn't resist the incoming hit, he usually went down because he was a glass cannon. Surfing on this guy was fun because he went super fast as well.

Groudon: Primal Groudon was my ace in the hole many fights. Without him there's no way I could have beat the elite 4 so early. He's never fainted once so you could call him my last line of defence.

Aggron: And here's the final member of the team picked up on victory road. I've always liked Aggron but this guy is actually special because I went out of my way to make sure he had a special move, Head Smash. He has rock head which negates recoil damage and Head smash is a 150 BP attack with heavy recoil... This meant even though he was only level 42, Head Smash against some team members with Rock Weaknesses went down hard.

Now I'm doing the delta episode and I've gotta say that I enjoyed this game more then pokemon Y since I deliberately made it slightly harder. The battles against Maxie and Groudon were quite memorable.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:06 pm

Supreveio wrote:These Villuns do not have X or Y, but they still contribute to the Friend Safari
Zork Nemesis - Electric - Electabuzz, Dedenne
Where have you been? I have X and I've had a completed National Dex for months. I can tell you, and I think I posted this several pages back, but I know my third Pokemon is Manectric. You just haven't been on when I've been on.

In other news, I now have a copy of Omega Ruby. This time I've rigged the system to produce Jungle pattern Vivillon for those of you who collect. It'll probably be a week or two before I can produce them though. Even if you don't want to collect the patterns, I found that the Sandstorm patterns produced by my Alpha Sapphire are rather valuable on the GTS, to the point where with just Vivillon I was able to trade for every alternate game legendary. I trust that Jungle may have the same worth.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:51 am

Wonder Trading on Christmas day netted me a Smeargle that knows Happy Hour, a Japanese-event-exclusive move ("please understand") that doubles your winnings in battle, which stacks with the Amulet Coin or Luck Incense to provide x4 winnings. In ORAS, this means an easy way to make money in an otherwise money-sparse region, and in XY it means getting even more insane payouts at the Battle Chateau and Lumiose restaurants.

If anyone wants their own Happy Hour Smeargle, let me know - it's easy enough for me to breed/catch a few Smeargles and use Sketch to pass the move onto them.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:18 pm

As of today (sort-of yesterday due to time zones), Japan gets Serperior with its Hidden Ability via Mystery Gift. Its HA is Contrary, which reverses all stat changes; e.g. if Serperior uses Leaf Storm, its Special Attack goes up by two stages afterward instead of down, and using Coil will lower its Attack, Defense, and Accuracy by one stage each. I predicted when the event was announced that our friends in Japan would quickly breed a bunch of HA Snivies for the GTS, and I was right! I got one for a random Machoke I had and have bred a bunch of Contrary babies. If anyone wants one, I'm happy to set one aside from the batches I'm planning to Wonder Trade. My Smeargle offer from before also still stands.

The other two Unova starters will be available in Japan with their HAs a little later this month. I'm hoping to be able to snag/mass-breed them as well.

EDIT: Also, for anyone who hasn't done so, be sure to nab your shiny Beldum from Mystery Gift before next Wednesday.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:15 pm

We ain't afraid o' no Koopa Hoopa!

Hoopa, the second of the three event legends in gen 6, has been officially announced. No distro details yet, but it will be in the new movie that releases later this year, which will likely feature a Japan-only distro similar to Diancie. Let's all cross our fingers that it's not another Gamestop thing stateside. Honestly, why don't they make bigger use of their ability to distribute stuff via wi-fi? (Other than their stubborn belief that it's still 2003, of course.)

On a semi-related note, Oshawott and Tepig will be available with their hidden abilities (Shell Armor and Reckless, respectively) in Japan within 48 hours. I'll try to secure one of each for breeding if anybody wants one.

EDIT: Even more news, courtesy of Serebii! The upcoming Battle of Hoenn competition has an added bonus: anyone in Japan who enters at least three battles will get a HA (Sturdy) Tyrunt, which is otherwise unobtainable. This event was originally only announced for Japan, but has been confirmed to be available worldwide. Tyrantrum's HA of Rock Head (negates recoil damage from moves) only applies when it uses Head Smash since that's the only recoil-causing move it can learn, but with STAB that's a 225 base power Rock-type attack with no drawbacks. GG, Talonflame.

Also, Pokemon is selling its soul entering the free-to-play market with Pokemon Shuffle, which appears to be a slightly modified version of the existing Pokemon Battle Trozei.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:41 pm

I drew my favorite of the ORAS Megas:
VIEW CONTENT:

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:01 pm

So you know that HA Serperior event in Japan? It's available everywhere else now too!

Go to Mystery Gift when starting the game, choose "Get with code," and enter "POKEMON497" to get it. The code is shorter than the entry field, but it works.

No word on Emboar or Samurott yet, but I'd assume they'll be available at some point as well. Keep trying their codes if you want: "POKEMON500" for Emboar and "POKEMON503" for Samurott.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Jan 22, 2015 5:43 am

Will T. wrote:So you know that HA Serperior event in Japan? It's available everywhere else now too!

Go to Mystery Gift when starting the game, choose "Get with code," and enter "POKEMON497" to get it. The code is shorter than the entry field, but it works.

No word on Emboar or Samurott yet, but I'd assume they'll be available at some point as well. Keep trying their codes if you want: "POKEMON500" for Emboar and "POKEMON503" for Samurott.
Just a quick note, X and Y cannot redeem these codes; attempting to do so will yield an error message along the lines of "your game cannot redeem this code". They must be redeemed through OR/AS.

Notes on this Serperior.

OT is Present, ID is 01225, was this guy distributed during JP Christmas? Comes in a Cherish Ball with a Classic Ribbon at Level 50.
Nature and IVs appear random; nothing guaranteed to be perfect. Has Contrary instead of Overgrow; first time this ability has been made available legally for it.
Possibly always male, though that could easily be the 7-1 ratio. I don't feel like resetting numerous times to check.
Knows Leaf Storm, Giga Drain, Wring Out, and Hold Back. Hold Back appears to be the event move expected to be given to every ORAS event mon.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:13 pm

There's now an official announcement of Serperior, Emboar, and Samurott's international availability. Emboar's code ("POKEMON500" in Japan) will be available on January 29 on Pokemon.com while Samurott's ("POKEMON503" in Japan) will be in the Pokemon Trainer Club newsletter sent out on Feb. 5 (why are they breaking up the codes' distro methods arbitrarily like that? Whatever...). You'll have to register for the newsleter by January 31 to get the Samurott email, though the code is the same for everybody in Japan and is likely to be the same code for the US if Serperior is any indication. All codes are valid through November 30, 2015.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:53 pm

Emboar's Mystery Gift is now live, a few hours earlier than expected. As predicted, the code is "POKEMON500" just like in Japan. Go 'n git it!

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:58 pm

The Unova starters aren't the only ones getting some HA love! The Johto starters will be made available with their HAs later this month. This one is particularly exciting to me as Flash Fire Typhlosion has been a Holy Grail Pokemon of mine since SoulSilver. Sheer Force Feraligatr also sounds like an absolute beast.

You'll need a Pokemon Bank subscription to get them ($5 per year - more than worth it based on my experience with it; I keep an entire Living Dex and 15+ boxes of 4+ IV breejects in there, and it makes transferring 'mons between XY and ORAS a breeze). Just access Bank between February 27 and November 30 to retrieve them. Existing subscriptions should be renewable shortly before the end of the month.

Fun fact: with this release, all existing starter Pokemon will be available with their HAs: Kanto and Kalos via the Friend Safari, Hoenn and Sinnoh via previous events with their offspring being widespread now, and Unova and Johto through the current distributions.

On the Unova starters front, Samurott's code should be unlocked for the US and EU sometime today. Japan's code for it was "POKEMON503," and the other two codes have been the same as Japan's, so this one will probably be the same as well. All Unova starter codes are valid until November 30.