Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)

A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Pokémon X and Y

Post by Supreveio » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:33 am

Meet this generation's Magneton

Doublade, which evolves from Honedge.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:08 am

huh, I thought it's first pre-evolution was pretty cool but this is kinda silly

Vi Deo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Vi Deo » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:32 pm

Guardian wrote:huh, I thought it's first pre-evolution was pretty cool but this is kinda silly
I felt much the same way but was kindly reminded of not only Magneton but more importantly: Dugtrio. They have set precedence for this kind of thing in the past. I think it's the fact that they are using an inamite object that people are getting on edge about.

This thing better learn double-edge.

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Wed Sep 25, 2013 6:09 pm

Vi Deo wrote:
Guardian wrote:huh, I thought it's first pre-evolution was pretty cool but this is kinda silly
I felt much the same way but was kindly reminded of not only Magneton but more importantly: Dugtrio. They have set precedence for this kind of thing in the past. I think it's the fact that they are using an inamite object that people are getting on edge about.
People always seem to forget how unoriginal the first 151 Pokemon were and then proceed to bash the newest set of Pokemon.
I think the Pokemon looks pretty awesome. Not sure if I'll use it but it's cooler looking than Vanilluxe, pun intended.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:30 pm

Bronze Fox wrote:
Vi Deo wrote:
People always seem to forget how unoriginal the first 151 Pokemon were and then proceed to bash the newest set of Pokemon.
I think the Pokemon looks pretty awesome. Not sure if I'll use it but it's cooler looking than Vanilluxe, pun intended.
Magneton kinda makes sense because their magnets and Dugtrio......ok you got me there but this they took a really cool pre-evolution which I liked and doubled it for the evolution which seems kinda lazy...

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:17 pm

Guardian wrote:
Bronze Fox wrote:Magneton kinda makes sense because their magnets and Dugtrio......ok you got me there but this they took a really cool pre-evolution which I liked and doubled it for the evolution which seems kinda lazy...
I'll admit they could have done more but when you draw a comparison, it's not that bad at all.
I'm a nerd so I follow Chuggaaconry on Twitter and he made this tweet to today, and then retweeted this reply.

"Doublade called lazy and a sign that GameFreak is out of ideas because it's two Honedges. While Dugtrio, Magneton, & Weezing get a free pass"
"Doublade is a Coat of Arms. The rest of them are just triples."
Last edited by Bronze Fox on Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Bronze Fox wrote: I'm a nerd so I follow Chuggaaconry on Twitter and he made this tweet to today, and then retweeted this reply.

"Doublade called lazy and a sign that GameFreak is out of ideas because it's two Honedges. While Dugtrio, Magneton, & Weezing get a free pass"
"Doublade is a Coat of Arms. The rest of them are just triples."
You tell 'em, Chuggaa!

Also it turns out Doublade learns Sacred Sword. Which happens to be the (now former) signature move of the Swords of Justice/Musketeers. Making it I believe the first legendary signature move to be distributed to Pokémon that are not legendary.
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:40 pm

Just a heads up:

Review copies of X and Y have gone out, but those with them are bound by an information embargo until the 4th (and even then, it's only lifted on actual reviews of the games). So if you see any alleged leaks about the game, take it with a grain of copious amounts of salt because it's most likely false information. This is especially true of the starters' final forms.

And if you see any "screenshots" (photographs) of the games that look like they were taken by someone having a seizure, they're most likely fake as well.

If you see anything like this, check Serebii or Bulbagarden. If it's not on there yet, it's likely fake.

Vi Deo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Vi Deo » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:12 pm

Did we ever get a lot of them too. Hopefully some of the ones I have seen are fakes because the current fennekin final is super underwhelming but the serebii forums seem to accept the one video of it surfacing as pure truth.

There was recent update on the seriebii main page showing off two of the new fairy evos and a new mega for Charizard. He gets a seperate one in X apparently that makes him fire/dragon. A decent typing aganist the new fairy horde.

Edit: so... all those supposed fake leaks are actually factual. It seems Italy and parts of Canada broke the street date and some gamers seem to be posting real leaks at surprising rates. Though-- one of those leakers states that he actually got his game taken away. Crazy stuff. I won't spoil anything here but I'm sure you can find the pics if you want.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Thu Oct 03, 2013 9:56 am

I'm sticking to just official reveals, just because I don't want the game spoiled for me.

Speaking of official reveals, the evolutions of Swirlix and Spritzee were revealed.

Swirlix becomes Slurpuff
Spritzee becomes Aromatisse

Both are pure Fairy-type. I'm just sad that they didn't make Spritzee's evolution into an awesome plague doctor Pokémon.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:00 am

I'm not going to spoil the final evolution too much but along with MegaX Charizard, I'm going with the water starter.

Why? Two words:
VIEW CONTENT:
Frog Ninja 8)
Also I found this gif amusing since it's what I thought after hearing about mega-Digievolutions

http://s10.photobucket.com/user/PsychoI ... 8.gif.html

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:12 pm

The Pokémon Bank / Pokémon Transfer page was updated.

In addition to the price in the US for usage being $4.99, the page also now has a FAQ.

Vi Deo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Vi Deo » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:18 am

Doublade's final form... if it is legit... Game Freak totally made up for the whole 'just two swords' thing.

Some of these new ones and then megas on top of it... it is going to be tough to make a 'final team'.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:06 am

Alright so.. I just finished watching pokemon origins and .... wow I've never been hit with such concentrated nostalgia in my life.

I won't spoil it but the "final fight" seems to set the series up as a way to sell pokemon X, which I'm not too opposed to since it's so badass.

Also I have a list of all the leaks so far which I'll put in a spoiler tages

Warning has secret pokemon:
And Mega-evolutions... you sure you want to look?
VIEW CONTENT:

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:43 am

Serebii has begun his coverage of the games on his site.

So if you want to see all the cool stuff X and Y have to offer, check it out. As for me, I'm trying my best to not be spoiled.

On another note: