Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)

A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Pokémon X and Y

Post by Will T. » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:28 pm

Official reveal of Diancie (previous reveal was a leak via CoroCoro)

Nothing on a distribution yet, but the page says to "stay tuned for more info." My guess is that it will be closer to July when the movie about it is released. Or not, since ... well, they're announcing it in February.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:05 am

I was going to rant about Diancie next, but I figured I'd spare you all and instead post this: http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Basically, it's a stream of a program playing through Pokémon Red/Blue. The twist is that the program is playing the game based on single button suggestions posted by the viewers.

Like, all of them. On a twenty-second delay. And so, our hero Red clumsily fumbles his way around Kanto with his trusty Charmander, ABBBBBBKO.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:21 am

Probably something already known but it looks like Pokemon Bank is officially released, so says Malva on the Holocaster.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:50 pm

Yeeeah, they were about a week late with that announcement in-game for whatever reason. :P

I need to coordinate connecting to the Internet in-game with anyone who's beaten the Elite Four recently (as in, within the last month or two) so I can open up the last slot in people's Friend Safaris.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:26 pm

Will T. wrote:I need to coordinate connecting to the Internet in-game with anyone who's beaten the Elite Four recently (as in, within the last month or two) so I can open up the last slot in people's Friend Safaris.
Try and hit me up then, as I think I beat it about a or two week ago.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Marf
Villun
Villun
Minecraft name: MasterMarf

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Marf » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:52 am

Supreveio wrote:I was going to rant about Diancie next, but I figured I'd spare you all and instead post this: http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Basically, it's a stream of a program playing through Pokémon Red/Blue. The twist is that the program is playing the game based on single button suggestions posted by the viewers.

Like, all of them. On a twenty-second delay. And so, our hero Red clumsily fumbles his way around Kanto with his trusty Charmander, ABBBBBBKO.
Abby (the charmander) and Jay Leno (a rattata) are gone, as well as the false prophet Flarion. X-Wing (zubat) and the never-got-to-be-used 3CKO (hitmonlee) are also dead, all victims of the PC's demands for sacrificial releases.

All hail the Helix Fossil, may It show us the way.

(you could say I've been watching the stream a little...)

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:42 pm

Alright, I beat White version (well, I beat N and Ghestis at least), I got my National Dex and went straight to the Poke Transfer Lab (after nearly getting my mid 40s team killed in a level 65 Rotation battle). I also went ahead and activated the 30 day trial on Pokemon Bank. All this hard work and I finally have my level 100 Pokerus'd Shiny Crobat in my X version; which also is cool because I originally found it in Mt. Moon in my Fire Red version. I've also moved over (one of) my Summer 2010 Jirachi and (one of) my Gold/Silver 10th Anniversary Mew to show off. I'll have to work on getting the rest of my team imported over (stupid 'can't transfer hidden moves' restriction) but I think for now I'll spend time in White's postgame since X's postgame left me rather underwhelmed.

Also why do they keep just handing you the fourth-gen dragons' orbs? I know you can't trade/transfer them, but to have them all handed to you at once by assassins seems kind of stupid. Or to find them all lying next to each other in some random cave.

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:04 am

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:19 am

I can't believe how hard I derped. So i'm looking through my gen-4 games scoping out the legendaries to migrate to gen-6. Across four games I seem to have everything except Shaymin and Arceus (legally at least) but for some reason I couldn't find Latios. Now I was aware that my Sapphire version no longer works and that the Latios I had in that game is pretty much lost forever (which sucks cause it was an Eon Ticket Latios) but I recall the HGSS event allowing capture of the two. Seeing that I had two Latias for some reason I thought I had a Latios lying around somewhere. After searching the boxes of all four of my games it turns out that four years later I left it sitting in Pewter City in my Heart Gold version awaiting capture and didn't realize that I never actually caught it. All that time searching my boxes because I forgot the important detail of, you know, catching it.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:45 pm

I sorted my PC boxes recently and ended up making an entire box solely dedicated to 'mons with their hidden abilities. Turns out I had enough to mostly fill the box, including a few especially interesting ones. Most are from the Friend Safari, but a few were from Wonder Trade.

If anyone wants one of the following (as far as I know, none of these are obtainable via Villun Friend Safaris or able to be bred from 'mons that are), I can get you one:
VIEW CONTENT:
(Name - Ability - Desc. of ability)

Plusle - Lightning Rod - Nullifies any and all single-target Electric-type attacks by other Pokemon (regardless of whether they're used by allies or opponents) and boosts the Pokemon's Sp. Atk.
Carvanha - Speed Boost - Raises the Pokemon's Speed stat at the end of each turn.
Pichu - Lightning Rod - Same as Plusle above.
Chespin - Bulletproof - Grants immunity to "ball and bomb moves."
Zubat - Infiltrator - Ignores Reflect, Light Screen, Safeguard, and Mist when calculating attack damage and effects.
Minccino - Skill Link - Guarantees that moves which hit "2 to 5 times" will always hit 5 times. Works well with Minccino's signature move Tail Slap.
These are 'mons which evolve into other 'mons with different hidden abilities, which I can also get for people if they want them:
VIEW CONTENT:
(Name - Ability - Desc. of ability)

Darumaka - Inner Focus - Prevents flinching
Evolves into:
Darmantian - Zen Mode - Darmantian transforms from Fire-type into Fire/Psychic-type when its HP drops below half, and its Attack/Defense swap with its Sp. Atk/Sp. Def.

Lillipup - Run Away - Ensures successful escape from wild encounters.
Evolves into:
Herdier/Stoutland - Scrappy - Allows Ghost-type targets to be hit with Normal- and Fighting-type moves.

Dratini - Marvel Scale - Raises Defense by 50% when afflicted with a status ailment.
Evolves into:
Dragonite - Multiscale - Reduces damage by 50% for direct attacks sustained while at full health.
If anyone wants any of these, let me know. I hatch eggs regularly (mostly for Dex completion + Wonder Trade fodder, but I'm also hoping I'll get lucky with the Masuda Method sometime), so it's not a problem to grab something for someone. I will even provide Pokerus.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:08 am

Somebody sent me a Bulletproof Chespin through Wonder Trade. Here I was expecting to get nothing but stuff from Canalave Forest.

Makes me feel so much better that I've been Wonder Trading Zoruas with live Pokerus in return.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:Somebody sent me a Bulletproof Chespin through Wonder Trade. Here I was expecting to get nothing but stuff from Canalave Forest.
Canalave is a city in Sinnoh.

You're thinking of Santalune Forest :P
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:55 pm

Supreveio wrote:Canalave is a city in Sinnoh.

You're thinking of Santalune Forest :P
I knew that, I've just been playing everything and sort of have everything molded together.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:56 am

Does anybody do link battles here? I think I've got a team to a good point where I'd like to try putting them against intelligent trainers and not the mess of fake rich people in the Battle Chateau.

Also, question: I got a Froakie in a Luxury Ball through Wonder Trade. How do you get a starter in a non-standard Poke Ball?

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:54 am

Females pass whatever ball they are in to the egg.

I also have a team that I EV trained and IV breeded when the game came out. Half of them are gimmicks but the only real "srsbznz" one on the team is the paraflinch Togekiss.