Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)

A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Pokémon X and Y

Post by Will T. » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:42 pm

For those who haven't seen, Lumiose City is confirmed as a stage for the 3DS version of Super Smash Bros.

Also, apparently the "<Pokemon> read <Trainer>'s mind and avoided the move!" message that can occur for Pokemon with high affection appears after the animation for Explosion finishes playing out when it is used by an opponent. So your 'mon gets visibly hit with the huge blast and doesn't even react. This made me laugh more than it should have when I observed it for the first time today.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:53 am

I love it when people make your trades worthwhile. In an effort to fill holes in my Pokedex I use the GTS to obtain version-specific Pokemon. I offered a Poochyena in exchange for a Purrloin in this case. The Poochyena I sent out had Pokerus. The Purrloin I got in return has it's hidden ability, Prankster. Always cool when you get stuff like that.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:32 am

I love Karma. So after I got my Light Ball I moved on to other things. I decided to start collecting Vivillons so I go back to the forest for Scatterbugs. It took me two days to run into three Pikachus when I was trying to find the Light Ball. Upon first entering the forest my first three encounters are all Pikachu. What gives, game? Whether any of them had a Light Ball, I don't know, but still. (it wasn't until later that night that I discovered that leading with a Pokemon with Static increases electric Pokemon encounter rates)

I've also never noticed until recently that female Pikachu's tails end in a heart shape while males are straight. Is that recent because I don't remember that in Gen IV.

If anyone could help out my Vivillon collection, I currently have Polar, Modern, and Elegant. My region produces Polar.
Last edited by Zork Nemesis on Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:50 pm

Does anyone have a Tornadus in a gen 5 game still? I'd like to borrow it to trigger the in-game Landorus event in White version. I'll return it when I'm done. I need to do it soon as the gen 5 online features will experience permadeath in May. (I assume there's a way to trade directly with a friend via wi-fi in gen 5, right?)

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:39 pm

IT HAPPENED, GENTLEMEN.
VIEW CONTENT:

Tried chain fishing tonight on the southern coast of Ambrette Town. Was not disappointed. :D

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:59 am

I've been doing fairly well with the GTS concerning Vivillon forms, despite how fundamentally flawed the system is. With my region's Polar form, I've managed to get my hands on Meadow, Garden, Modern, and High Plains so far while an Elegant came to me through someone Wonder Trading a Scatterbug. Still working on getting more though, gonna start worrying about getting Ocean or Monsoon forms soon as those two may actually be worth the legendaries people are asking.

That said, your Elegant form (which most of Japan gets) is not worth an Entei. That Modern form (from much of the US) won't get you an Articuno either unless someone's really dumb or desperate.

Yeah, maybe it's from Gen IV, but this old VG Cats panel sums up everything about the GTS, old and new.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:00 am

Alright, I just executed a little mini-project based on a Reddit post I read not too long ago. Over the course of the past couple hours I bred my Porygon-Z with a Ditto to produce a full box worth of Porygon eggs. I hatched them all and infected every single one with Pokerus, then Wonder Traded them all away. The whole thing took about an hour and a half. Most of the time was spent spreading Pokerus and actually trading them.
Image Image

Here are the results:

[*] Fifteen of the thirty are Level 1.
-Of the fifteen, five have moves that are learned through Breeding (both Honedge, Sneasel, Charmander, and Eevee)
--Furthermore, one of the Honedge's movesets consists of nothing but inhereted moves, all four possible moves it can be taught by it's parents (Shadow Sneak, Metal Sound, Destiny Bond, Wide Guard)
[*] Thirteen are in non-standard Poke Balls
-Five are in Quick Balls while four are in Luxury Balls
[*] Three Pokemon were duplicated (as in I got more than one in this 30-set) (Honedge, Marill, and Flabebe)
[*] Twenty originated outside of English-speaking regions.
-Of these twenty, seventeen are from Japan (Zigzagoon, Bulbasaur, and Amaura are not Japanese)
[*] Nine were caught/hatched either today (3/14/14) or yesterday (3/13/14); time-zones can equate to being hatched and traded instantly
[*] Twelve were born or caught on Route 7
[*] Two were migrated from Unova (Patrat and Purrloin).
[*] Two are from the future (Amaura and Zigzagoon though only by a couple days; Zigzagoon was caught next week while Amaura is born tommorow)
[*] Two of them are not Kalos-Native (Spiritomb and Tropius)
[*] Two of them have their Hidden Ability (Spiritomb/Infiltrator and Bibarel/Moody)
[*] Three were not already registered as "Caught" on my Pokedex while One was not "Seen" either (Goomy and Amaura weren't Caught, while Tropius was also unseen)
[*] One has live Pokerus (Vivillon)
-The Vivillon has the Modern wing pattern.
[*] One was holding an item (Bidoof/Super Potion)

After all this, I still only got a Moomoo Milk from the lottery center. You'd think having close to 90 separate IDs would pretty much guarantee at least a PP Up.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:51 am

Chain fishing really does work, as I reeled in this beauty not too long ago (granted, I evolved him after I caught him, though I wish I hadn't jumped the gun so soon, I missed Wake-Up Slap)

I also caught a Shiny Red-Bascullin, but who cares about that?

Actually, looking at it, a Shiny Basculin is a trophy in itself. While not a good battler and not even much of a difference in palette (goes from a neutral green to more of a lime green), it still has an incredibly low capture rate (25; any lower and you get Legendaries/Beldum) and knows Double-Edge.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:30 pm

I tried the Wonder Trade experiment for the heck of it. 30 Dratinis with Pokerus, all knowing Extreme Speed and Dragon Rush. Breakdown of breeding and hatching results:

-21 females versus 9 males.
-17 with Marvel Scale, 13 with Shed Skin.
-Dratinis take a long time to hatch.

What I got in return, in order received, with notes on any interesting attributes:
VIEW CONTENT:
-Lv.50 Amoonguss freshly caught from the Pokemon Village, holding a Tiny Mushroom, nicknamed "Present foru"
-Lv.1 Japanese Protean Froakie with Toxic Spikes, which must be bred from other species
-Lv.6 Psyduck freshly caught from route 22
-Lv.4 Bunnelby freshly caught from route 3
-Lv.39 Bergmite freshly caught in the Frost Cavern
-Lv.10 Doduo whose "Date Met" will come exactly two months from today
-Lv.11 Oddish from France
-Lv.12 Oddish that was apparently caught in November of 2000 on route 6
-Lv.1 Zangoose nicknamed "1 1 " (complete with trailing space) and originating from Japan
-Lv.12 Gastly that was raised from an egg
-Lv.5 Froakie - the same one you get from Shauna after beating the game if your starter was Chespin
-Lv.4 Fletchling freshly caught from Santalune Forest, with an Original Trainer whose name is not family-friendly
-Lv.8 Bunnelby from route 22 holding a Full Heal
-LV.1 Honedge with Shadow Sneak, otherwise learned at level 20
-Lv.16 Luvdisc of Spanish origin
-Lv.1 Charmander with Fire Fang, Scary Face, and Dragon Rage, all otherwise learned by level-up
-Lv.44 Durant from Japan
-Lv.1 Charmander of Spanish origin
-Lv.46 Sandslash freshly caught from route 18
-Lv.1 Sableye with Prankster, its Hidden Ability (this is my second favorite after the next one)
-Lv.1 Dratini with Marvel Scale, Extreme Speed, and Dragon Rush - how's that for coincidence? The only difference from the ones I was sending out is that this one also knows Dragon Dance. Also, its OT is named "Bin Laden."
-Lv.1 Rotom of Spanish origin
-Lv.2 Caterpie from Japan
-Lv.1 Charmander with Flare Blitz, which must be bred from Charizard, who learns it at level 77 in gen 6
-Lv.12 Venipede freshly caught from route 6
-Lv.1 Archen with Knock Off and Head Smash, both of which must be bred in gen 5, Head Smash in particular requiring chain breeding
-Lv.1 Croagunk with Drain Punch, which must be bred or tutored in gen 5
-Lv.6 Flabebe freshly caught from route 4
-Lv.1 Gastly with Psywave, which must be bred from other species
-Lv.18 Axew that was raised from level 14 by a previous trainer
Random interesting notes:
VIEW CONTENT:
-7 out of 30 were freshly caught prior to being traded and had no other distinguishing characteristics.
-11 out of 30 were at level 1.
--Of those 11, 3 know moves which are otherwise learned by leveling up, 3 know moves which must be bred from other species in gen 6, 3 know moves which must be bred from a Pokemon that learned them in a previous generation, and 2 know moves which require chain-breeding. 3 do not know any moves they would not otherwise know upon hatching.
-4 species appeared more than once: Charmander (3), Gastly (2), Oddish (2), and Bunnelby (2). All others were unique.
-4 out of 30 originated in games of languages other than English.
-9 out of 30 are in non-standard Poke Balls:
--Quick Ball x 1
--Ultra Ball x 4
--Repeat Ball x 1
--Great Ball x 2
--Luxury Ball x 1
-2 out of 30 were holding items. One was holding an item it can be holding in the wild (and likely was), and the other had Pickup as its ability, which is likely where the item came from.
-I didn't get an exact number, but roughly 10 out of 30 were traded to me by people who were not the Pokemon's OT.
-1 out of 30 originated from an in-game NPC trade.
-1 out of 30 was nicknamed by the player who caught it.
-3 out of 30 were raised from an earlier level prior to being traded: Gastly (Lv.1 to Lv.12), Luvdisc (Lv.17 to Lv.18), and Axew (Lv.14 to Lv.18).
-1 out of 30 had the same ability, (almost) the same moveset, was at the same level, and was of the same species as the Pokemon I traded for it.
This was fun! I might do it again sometime. It takes a while though...

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:14 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:I've been doing fairly well with the GTS concerning Vivillon forms, despite how fundamentally flawed the system is. With my region's Polar form, I've managed to get my hands on Meadow, Garden, Modern, and High Plains so far while an Elegant came to me through someone Wonder Trading a Scatterbug. Still working on getting more though, gonna start worrying about getting Ocean or Monsoon forms soon as those two may actually be worth the legendaries people are asking.

That said, your Elegant form (which most of Japan gets) is not worth an Entei. That Modern form (from much of the US) won't get you an Articuno either unless someone's really dumb or desperate.

Yeah, maybe it's from Gen IV, but this old VG Cats panel sums up everything about the GTS, old and new.
The key is that you always OFFER a decent trade, you never accept anything. That way you can just wait and get your trade from someone desperate eventually :P

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:48 am

I actually offer reasonable trades on the GTS: starters for other starters (Chimchar for Turtwig) and version exclusives for opposite exclusives (Zangoose for Seviper, which I know isn't exclusive in X/Y but is still reasonable). If you actually go looking for reasonable trades you're SoL. If you make a reasonable offer, expect to get scooped up in ~20 minutes.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:10 am

With only one day left on my poke-bank pass I decided to see if there was anyone left in Black and found that I just needed to catch Kyurem and Terrakion. I've been more involved in getting a good competitive OU team ever since I've been joining these local mana bar "pokemon league" events so I decided I'd catch Terrakion with the master ball in order to roll for a good nature since I could catch him over and over again and check his nature until I got something good with some decent IVs. Eventually I settled for a Naive natured one which had hidden power ice since you can make a good set with it even though his IV weren't the best since this was like the 12th time I recaptured him.

However I just then read that Kyurem can actually become Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W in X and Y with the DNA splitters since he can't be transferred up in his alternative forms! This was huge because Kyurem-B is actually barely allowed in OU as a massive mixed wallbreaker powerhouse. I got extremely lucky and got a Kyurem with a naughty nature with decent IVs, which is perfect for making a Kyurem-B.

All I need now is a Zekrom to infuse my Kyurem which I don't have at the moment. I'm currently debating which one of my poke-bank legendaries I want to offer in exchange for Zekrom in the GTS. Currently I have my heart gold Moltres on offer since I can catch another one but I have a feeling I'll either have to wait a while or place a better offer. I've gotten away with crazier offers on the GTS before though.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:22 pm

I'm currently hunting for Tornadus and Landorus (both legendaries from gen 5). I can offer any of the legendary golems from gen 3 or a Mewtwo caught in SoulSilver (has an entirely different moveset from gen 6 Mewtwo). I'm planning to take this to the GTS eventually (sometimes it works!), but I thought I'd give Ville folks first dibs. Not sure how long I'll be willing to wait, but midnight tonight is likely when I'm going to start trying to GTS these guys.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:29 pm

Ha ha ha I got a Zekrom in exchange for a Moltres from the GTS, that took less then a day.

Now to create Kyurem-B!

EDIT: So I decided to leave a spare Tyranatar I had (long story) on the GTS in exchange for a zapdos so I could maybe upgrade it to a Thunderous or something. I recieved a Zapdos with 4 perfect IVs, heat wave, Hidden power grass, and EV training in Special attack and speed, basically a gift wrapped competitive pokemon. It's in a master ball which may mean it's either hacked or a cloned RNG pokemon someone reset a lot to get. I'm going to keep doing this to see what I can get.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:59 am

Wonder Trade occasionally sends out some fantastic gems. I handed out a good number of Pokemon this morning, some with their hidden abilities and all with live Pokerus. In return I got a much better set of Pokemon I would've hoped for. While none had their Hidden Abilities, they weren't all Route 2/3 garbage (just one this time). Among them: Cyndaquil, Absol, Delcatty, and by far the most impressive, a Scizor.

Now this Scizor piqued my interest (mainly because it's a Scizor; a Pokemon that consumes an item through trading to evolve). It's level 1, has Technician for it's ability (boosts moves at 60 or lower power) and a Jolly Nature (+Spd, -Sp.Atk). According to it's meetup location it came from Heart Gold/Soul Silver. It was taught Superpower and Bug Bite from one of the older generation tutors. The best part: I took it to Kiloude City's Judge to check it out. It has perfect IVs. The fact that someone went to all that trouble to hand it out to a random stranger is beyond awesome as this guy has serious metagame potential in his current state.

You can bet i'll be training it; i'm not about to waste a perfect Scizor that was handed to me like that.