Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)

A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:48 am

Well, this arrived in Wonder Trade today. I couldn't help but laugh at it.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:49 pm

After an unexplained delay, HA Samurott is now available from Mystery Gift with the code "POKEMON503." Its HA, Shell Armor, prevents enemy attacks against it from being critical hits. As with the other Unova starter codes, the code is valid until November 30th.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:43 pm

For those of you who got subscriptions to Pokemon Bank back when it first released, there are about 2 weeks left until the earliest subscriptions will be expiring. The game adds a button on the main menu at the actual two-week mark to allow you to renew for another year for $5. There's no consistent answer on how long your 'mons will stick around after your subscription expires, so if you're storing anything of real value in the cloud, either remember to renew or pull it back into your local games before it's too late!

Also don't forget that the Hidden Ability Johto starters will be available two weeks from today, and will require a Bank subscription to retrieve. (Who else bets they timed it to incentivize the first-wave people to resubscribe? :P)

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:35 pm

If you still have not come across someone with an Eon Ticket, Pokemon.com will be distributing download codes for the ticket from Feb 27th to March 2nd. You won't be able to claim this code if you already have the ticket, but it's an opportunity for those who live in the boondocks to get the ticket.
The Eon Ticket has been spreading across the globe via StreetPass from one Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire player to the next. With the Eon Ticket, players have been able to return to Southern Island for the chance to catch either Latias or Latios in their game (whichever Pokémon they weren't able to get during their original adventure).

If you haven't had the good fortune to receive the Eon Ticket from another Trainer, now there's another way. Between Friday, February 27, and Monday, March 2, 2015, visit Pokemon.com to get a code that you can enter in your game to receive the Eon Ticket.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:53 am

The Hidden Ability Johto starters are now available through Pokemon Bank. Just start it up and sign in to claim all three. As a refresher on their abilities:

- Meganium gets Leaf Guard, which protects itself and its teammates from receiving status conditions during sunshine (i.e. while Sunny Day or Drought is in effect)
- Typhlosion gets Flash Fire, which grants total immunity to Fire-type moves and boosts its own Fire-type moves' power by 50% when hit by one (I've wanted Flash Fire Typhlosion since SoulSilver, before Hidden Abilities were a thing)
- Feraligatr gets Sheer Force, which removes the secondary effects of moves that have them (e.g. 10% chance to cause flinching, 20% chance to cause paralysis), but boosts the damage of those moves by 30%

You can claim them on either XY or ORAS.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:37 pm

Will used Bump! It's not very effective ...

For anyone with Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire (and who lives in the US), you can get a Dragonite via code card from Gamestop until July 12. It's level 55, holds a Lum Berry, has its Hidden Ability (Multiscale - reduces all damage taken by 50% while at full HP), and knows the moves Dragon Dance, Outrage, Hurricane, and Extreme Speed. Previously, getting Dragonite with Extreme Speed required a Dratini from HeartGold/SoulSilver, so this makes it much more accessible to those without access to older games (as well as those who haven't gotten one of the countless Extreme Speed Dratini that get Wonder Traded on a daily basis). Note that the Gamestop Dragonite has no guarantee of good IVs or nature, so you'll probably want to breed your own if you want to use it in serious PvP.

For anyone who doesn't live near a Gamestop or otherwise can't get a code card, I have one extra code I can give away. Drop me a line on Steam if you want it. After July 12 I may offer it up elsewhere if nobody's claimed it, so act quickly!

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:23 pm

I don't know if anyone around here besides Zork and me still plays Pokemon, but if you do, this news is for you.

Hoopa, the second of gen 6's three event-exclusive legendaries, is available at McDonald's restaurants across the US from now until December 23. Just go into a restaurant, open Mystery Gift in-game, and choose "Get via Internet." Unlike many recent Pokemon events, Hoopa can be redeemed in X and Y in addition to ORAS. If you have multiple games, you can get multiple 'mons!

Also, if you haven't redeemed the codes for the Hidden Ability Unova starters in Mystery Gift yet, now is your last chance - the codes expire tomorrow. They are POKEMON497 for Serperior with Contrary, POKEMON500 for Emboar with Reckless, and POKEMON503 for Samurott with Shell Armor.