Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)

A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:00 am

Mega Slowbro official reveal trailer

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:46 am

Starting today you can go to Gamestop and get the Mega Stone to accompany the Heracross or Pinsir you got through Mystery Gift. This is the only way to get the corresponding Mega Stone in your version without trading right now.

Be sure to call ahead and ask if they have it in stock; the Gamestop in my area hasn't gotten them yet which seems to be a trend any time Nintendo runs promotions through Gamestop.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:34 pm

New video showing capturing a Zigzagoon and registering it in the Pokedex, a Pichu evolving, and the use of the Acro and Mach Bikes (includes a full run-through of the revamped Cycling Road as well):

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:18 am

Will T. wrote:New video showing capturing a Zigzagoon and registering it in the Pokedex, a Pichu evolving, and the use of the Acro and Mach Bikes (includes a full run-through of the revamped Cycling Road as well)
If that video is indeed legitimate (it's not on an official Nintendo channel) it's nice to see they've recycled a number of animations from Gen 3; the Pokemon battle intro and the evolution animations appear to be 3D versions of what you see in the original games.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:10 pm

Bad news: there's no news regarding ORAS at PAX Prime this year, and no playable demo like I'd been crossing my fingers for - just a couple of TVs looping all of the trailers to date.

Good news: attendants in the Nintendo Lounge are handing out posters which feature a much clearer version of the Hoenn map on the ORAS website. Here are a few up-close shots I took of mine, including close-ups of a very different-looking Mauville City and that weird black thing in the northern center.

EDIT: I managed to scan the poster! I wasn't sure it would work at first because it has a parchment-y texture to it that causes it to reflect a lot of light.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:39 pm

New (Japanese) trailer!

A massive (relatively speaking) 3 1/2 minutes of footage, showing off a LOT of graphical improvements over X and Y:

-Diving! Underwater looks amazing.
-In-battle scenes - battle transitions look really nice now.
-Groudon and Kyogre going primal in their respective caves is pretty darn cool.
-Contests are a bit flashier.
-Lots of footage of wandering in the field - Hoenn looks absolutely incredible.
-Sneaking in the grass to find wild Pokemon? Brendan is shown sneaking up on a Pikachu whose tail is sticking out of a grass patch.
-A small clip of Ruby's opening sequence featuring Latios.

Japan gets figurines of Primal Groudon/Kyogre as preorder incentives. No word on US equivalents, obviously.

Apparently the shiny Beldum event lasts from November 21 to January 14 for Japan, and likely for the rest of the world as well.

There also appears to be something about September 20 at the end, but I can't read Japanese so I have no idea what it says.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:35 am

The trainer at 0:50 looks a lot like Max from the anime; hell he even uses a Ralts. Maybe he did become a trainer and went back for it like he said.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:47 am

The trainer at 0:50 looks like the male School Kid from Ruby and Sapphire. And that particular one has always had a Ralts.

School Kid Jerry from Route 116
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:03 am

Diancie and that shiny Gengar Japan is getting are coming to the US! Unfortunately they're using the same Gamestop code card distro method as the Heracross/Pinsir Mega Stones. Let's just hope that both Nintendo and Gamestop get their act together this time ... and that Nintendo one day realizes that the 3DS can receive data wirelessly rather than having to kill thousands of trees to print single-use code cards.

Anyway, yay events!

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:46 pm

Apparently Wi-Fi events are only for the releases of games. The Gengar/Diancie events were in-person local wireless events as well.
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:02 pm

I'm still confused as to why these events aren't using local wireless though. The code cards give you a little physical memento I guess, but for a lot of people (myself included) they just kind of take up space and will probably end up getting tossed out a while down the road. Plus there's been the whole issue of Gamestop not seeming to understand if the recent Mega Stones were pre-order bonuses or not (they weren't), which makes the events into an unnecessary hassle. I wouldn't be surprised if the same ordeal happens with these two new events. The local wireless distros they've done in the past completely avoided that problem.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:31 am

CoroCoro leaks strike again. Based on what the pages are saying:

Spoilery link below
http://www.reddit.com/r/pokemon/comment ... te_thread/

Three new Megas
VIEW CONTENT:
Gallade, to be used by Wally.
Gallade's new ability is currently unknown.
http://i.imgur.com/hO7AlkN.png

Sharpedo for Archie and Camperupt for Maxie.
Sharpedo gains Strong Jaw (boosts "bite" moves) while Camperupt gains Sheer Force (ignores additional effects for a damage boost)
When evolved, Sharpedo gains a bonus to all stats. Camperupt gets slower, but gains boosts to everything else.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... d5f341440b
Primal Groudon/Kyogre's abilities are revealed:
VIEW CONTENT:
Kyogre gets Sea of Beginnings, which summons "Strong Rain"
Groudon gets Land of Endings, which summons "Strong Sunlight"
It is very likely that these are permanent weather effects but nothing is certain.

Groudon also has a new signature move: Cliff Blade. The effect is unknown.
Furthermore, there's a possibility that a demo of ORAS will be made available next month. It is said that the demo will include a starter Pokemon as well as eventually its Mega, but nothing else is said yet. This demo could also be a Japan-only deal.

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:25 am

VIEW CONTENT:
Sigh, I used a Gallade in my X/Y playthrough and now he gets a Mega; that Mega looks pretty ugly though. It's like 90% white.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:49 am

None of these are surprising. Maxie and Archie had Mega Stone activators, so Camerupt and Sharpedo were to be expected. Plus, everyone wanted Mega Gallade when Mega Gardevoir was revealed. I'm glad they're apparently changing Wally up as well.

While all of these were expected, they're at least ones people wanted.

As for Primal Kyogre and Groudon, I fully expect Sea of Beginnings and Land of Endings to just be pre-Generation 6 Drizzle and Drought.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:44 am

New scans of the rest of the page reveal the rest of the information about Mega Gallade. The other pages were also fully photographed to give more information about Kyogre and Rayquayza, as well as the upcoming demo.

Gallade's Page:
http://imgur.com/a/5jOGL#0
VIEW CONTENT:
Gallade retains his Psychic/Fighting typing, but gains Inner Focus as his ability (prevents flinching). A similar letdown to Slowbro and Audino if you ask me.
Speculation is that they want M-Gallade to counter M-Kangaskhan, as M-Gallade will be unphased by Fake Out.

Kyogre's new signature ability is called Origin Wave. No details on the effect.
Rayquayza is said to have something to do with Mega Evolution in general. No further information is given.
Details on the demo: you'll encounter a Mega Evolution and you can then transfer it, plus all the items you find during the trial/demo. Still unknown how much of the game will be available or what you'll be able to get beyond what I expect is a Mega Stone for your choice of starter.