Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)

A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Post by Will T. » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:03 am

Scans courtesy of Serebii
[EDIT: Missed that two of these were in the previous post, but there are two more here]

Other info from Serebii's post about them:

-Those Pikachu costumes from the last set of leaks? Apparently it gets new moves when its costume is changed for contests (which I believe finally confirms contests!): Meteor Mash for Rock Star, Electric Terrain for Pikachu Ph.D., Draining Kiss for Pop Star, Icicle Crash for Belle, and Flying Press for Libre (which means it's no longer limited to Hawlucha).
-Mega Salamence in that last scan! I never cared much for Salamence's standard design, but that mega looks awesome. I might finally get one for something other than dex completion.

I was wondering if we would see Dragon/Fairy appear in ORAS. I'd heard a rumor that Mega Latias was Dragon/Fairy, but I think it was only a rumor as her hacked Mega Stone in X/Y apparently keeps her Dragon/Psychic.

Thank goodness Mega Lopunny looks less Playboy-ish than her regular design. I might consider training one someday as I've recently taken an interest in Fighting-types after ignoring them for 15 years.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:08 am

I think the Pikachu only gains the attack when cosplaying, meaning it's only available for contests.

Also: Serebii just put up another scan - of Mega Salamence. Presumably it stays Dragon/Flying, but it gains Aerilate as an ability.
VIEW CONTENT:
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:15 am

Even if those moves are limited to contests, that at least would confirm that contests are back, which is the announcement I've been waiting for. They've teased at them a little, but never outright said they're bringing them back. I enjoyed them in Sapphire and have been saddened by not getting to use some of my favorites in them in later games.

EDIT: More info:

-Actual, for real, genuine confirmation of contests rather than just hints at possibly bringing them back! You'll meet "Contest Idol Lucia" who gives you "special clothes for contests." I'm guessing this just means the Pikachu outfits and the character outfits shown in that scan (one outfit for each contest type, like Pikachu?), but I'm crossing my fingers for the dress-up thing from gens 4 and 5 to make a 3D appearance. I spent way too long in that photo studio in the Goldenrod Tunnel in SoulSilver. :P Never did mess with the Pokemon Musical dress-up bit in gen 5 though because the musical was way too weird for me.
-You will get a shiny Beldum holding Metagross's Mega Stone through an in-game event. This will both save me the trouble of trying to decide whether to attempt to Masuda-breed one (hint: I will fail) and make those who successfully bred them feel a little less special. Oh well. Shinies!

UPDATE: New info is suggesting that the shiny Beldum will be an early-adopters' bonus of some sort rather than an in-game event. Perhaps it'll be like X/Y's Torchic event? I'm hoping there's an in-game way to get the Metagross Mega Stone in addition to this. I'm guessing the Beldum that Steven Stone gives you at the end of the game will probably have it, if it's anywhere.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:47 am

Official trailer containing the CoroCoro leaks and more:

New info not shown in CoroCoro:

- Contests have a "Talent Round," which appears to be the same as the original contests' appeal round - Pokemon attack a substitute to show off their moves. Maxing out audience excitement can induce Mega Evolution for your 'mon, which ... will have some kind of effect, although it's not clear what yet. Hopefully it doesn't alienate non-Mega-Evolving 'mons from contests by giving massive score bonuses to those who can and do Mega Evolve.
- Cosplay Pikachu is not limited to contests - it can battle! This means that Icicle Crash/Meteor Mash/Flying Press/etc. Pikachu is now a thing to watch out for when battling.
- Horde battles are back. Easy EV training in Hoenn!
- The shiny Beldum will be given out via "in-game Internet distribution," which probably means Mystery Gift. I guess it is ORAS's version of the event Torchic after all.

EDIT: The official website has a few new features as well, with different info not in the video:

Beldum distro page - no new info here really.
Contest Idol Lisia - she's the character who introduces you to contests in-game.
Contests fully detailed! - They sound basically the same as the original Hoenn contests, which is nice. Poke Blocks and all that jazz are back. Fans will also appear in contests lobbies to give you berries and other gifts once you begin to make a name for yourself in contests. I guess we're not getting a 3D all-species dress-up component after all - costumes appear to be limited to Pikachu. You can take quasi-AR photos with your Pokemon though. Contests can also be played in multiplayer.
Horde battles - horde battles against trainers are now a thing. Think of the Exp yield!
More details on the newly announced megas - Altaria gets Attack and Special Attack boosts, as well as a bit of extra Defense; Salamence gets a massive Defense boost; Lopunny gets big boosts to Attack and Speed.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:25 pm

Magma/Aqua Grunt Horde Battles are gonna be hilarious.
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:18 pm

Supreveio wrote:Magma/Aqua Grunt Horde Battles are gonna be hilarious.
This is something that should've been implemented in Black/White and even earlier. I recall a situation where you had to fight four Plasma grunts one after the other toward the end of the game when really these goons shouldn't be following Batman code and should be ganging up on you. They had you freaking surrounded after all and they just casually step aside when the last goon loses.

No such thing as a switchblade in the Pokemon universe I suppose.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:41 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:
Supreveio wrote:Magma/Aqua Grunt Horde Battles are gonna be hilarious.
This is something that should've been implemented in Black/White and even earlier. I recall a situation where you had to fight four Plasma grunts one after the other toward the end of the game when really these goons shouldn't be following Batman code and should be ganging up on you. They had you freaking surrounded after all and they just casually step aside when the last goon loses.

No such thing as a switchblade in the Pokemon universe I suppose.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:17 pm

Supreveio wrote:Image
It's worth noting that early episodes of the anime had Jessie and James committing armed robbery with submachine guns.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:37 pm

I always liked the theory that there actually aren't guns in the Pokémon world. Why invent guns and bullets when you can trap dangerous creatures inside data spheres and call upon their superpowers whenever necessary?

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:56 am

Supreveio wrote:I always liked the theory that there actually aren't guns in the Pokémon world. Why invent guns and bullets when you can trap dangerous creatures inside data spheres and call upon their superpowers whenever necessary?
Tell that to the Safari Zone warden; he shoots bad singers on sight.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:25 am

I don't really count the anime... for anything really.

They might also have guns in the manga, but I haven't really read it and it isn't canon to the games either, anyway.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:15 am

The Official Korean Pokemon website appears to have leaked (?) two more Mega Evolutions.
https://twitter.com/Krelcroc/status/499110624303915009

Serebii was able to grab the information before it was taken down
http://serebii.net/index2.shtml
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/M ... o_revealed

Two very unexpected Megas: Slowbro and Audino. Based on their translations, Audino becomes a Normal/Fairy with Healer (an ability it can already have) while Slowbro retains it's typing but gains Shell Armor (appropriate for the image). Both gain large boosts to their Defense and Sp. Def. Audino is the first 5th Gen Pokemon to have a confirmed Mega Evolution.

Separate from this news break: Cosplay Pikachu is it's own entity and not every Pikachu has the ability to wear clothing. Cosplay Pikachu is specifically a (presumably) female Pikachu with a black heart pattern on the tip of it's tail. I suspect it will have many similarities to Spiky-Ear Pichu where it'll probably be unable to leave Hoenn for a stupid reason. It also means no stat breeding or combining Volt Tackle with Electric Terrain.
http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-u ... ay-pikachu

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:45 am

And nothing of value was lost added.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:39 am

Mega Audino official reveal trailer

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:34 am

I for one am glad that they're at least trying to make Audino viable outside of XP grinding. It only existed as a stand-in for Chansey in gen 5's ill-advised attempt to feel like a fresh start; now it might actually have some use in double/triple battles.