Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)

A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:33 pm

Das triple post!

For those who play, watch, or participate in Twitch Plays Pokemon, a run of Pokemon X is beginning in roughly a half hour from this post:
http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

While every game so far has been emulated, X will run a little different since no stable 3DS emulator exists yet. Someone has taken the liberty of setting up a special rig to play a real 3DS via Twitch chat commands however. This is the same guy who built and programmed a device to automatically detect and capture Shiny Pokemon as well as automate breeding (while checking for shinyness). As a result, since the game is on real hardware, Twitch Plays X will have full WiFi support, including Wonder Trades, O-Powers, and potentially Passerby Battles down the road. Even if you don't play on the stream it will be possible to dump O-Powers on the stream's game if you see it in the Passerbys window.
http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/25/593776 ... modded-3ds

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:48 pm

Visits to Vaniville Town will be a bit awkward from here on out, I think...
VIEW CONTENT:
(Spoiler'd for large image)

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:22 am

Looks like Twitch Plays Pokemon shut off Wi-Fi. Too many battle/trade requests and O-Powers I'm guessing. Probably was slowing things way down. Some random person handed them a shiny Lv1 Beldum very early on though.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:56 am

Just a reminder to everyone - it's now July 31, meaning today's the last day to pick up the Fancy Vivillon from Mystery Gift. Go get it if you haven't yet!

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:50 am

The Vivillon distribution is over, however a new one is planned real soon. Via Serebii:
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/H ... ced_for_US

Summary: Heracross and Pinsir will be distributed via WiFi from Aug 13 to Sep 17. You can also visit Gamestop from Aug 1 (today) to Aug 31 to pick up a serial code for a free Mega Stone. Codes are apparently random.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:11 pm

Glad to finally see the US getting an event, even if it's not a legendary.

There seems to be some inconsistency regarding dates for the Mega Stones - Bulbanews says August 1 is the start date, but the Pokemon Facebook page says it's August 18. Not sure which is correct, but I'm inclined to believe the more official source with Aug 18.

Speaking of which, don't read comments on the Pokemon Facebook page. It's like SPUF all over again. People used to complain that the US never got any events; now they're complaining that the US is getting an event. I will never understand gamer psychology. :/

EDIT: It looks like August 1 was a misprint on Bulbanews's part; the magazine scan they link to in the article says August 18, and their article preview from the Bulbanews home page says August 18.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:18 pm

The problem is that Japan gets all the events. The US hardly gets anything, even EU and Korea get more events than we do; Korea's getting Diancie before EU and US for instance. To top it off Japan usually gets all the event legendary events. The big rage right now is the fact that Japan is getting Shiny Jirachi for an event. For collection enthusiasts who want a Shiny of everything, that's a big issue as while Shiny Jirachi is legal via Pokemon Colosseum, it won't pass PokeTransfer's legitimacy check. Therefore a region-locked shiny is now in their hands and out of ours. Now that we're finally getting something, it just so happens to be something that everyone can get normally and not a flashy event Pokemon. To many players, it just seems like Nintendo is giving the US yet another middle finger.

That said, the Shiny Jirachi is being distributed for a Japanese holiday, something most Americans don't know anything about.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:38 pm

Japan gets more than the US in general, but it's not unusual for them to get event legends long before the US. Darkrai in gen 4 and Victini in gen 5 both came out in Japan around 10 months after the release of their respective games, with worldwide events six months to a year later. So far Diancie is following the pattern that's existed for years, but people are just now acting like it's a problem.

In Korea's case, my understanding is that they just ended a decade-long embargo against Japanese media, so I'd imagine them getting Diance a little earlier than other places is some kind of celebration.

My understanding is also that apparently Game Freak went on a tour of Europe (or at least France) to do research for Kalos and were so culture-shocked that they now have some sort of obsession with it. One story I've heard was that the concept of tipping was added into X and Y solely because GF was so weirded out by it since no equivalent concept exists in Japan. Maybe they're still obsessed with the EU to the point of wanting to do more distros for them? Or maybe it's just that Nintendo of Europe is better at creating and running distros?

Also, although it's sort of beside the point, the legality check no longer blocks shiny Jirachi since the event started.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:47 am

Zork Nemesis wrote:Looks like Twitch Plays Pokemon shut off Wi-Fi. Too many battle/trade requests and O-Powers I'm guessing. Probably was slowing things way down. Some random person handed them a shiny Lv1 Beldum very early on though.
AND they beat X and Y. If you need any more proof X and Y was too easy there you go.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:09 am

I've been busy tonight, now I'm going to make off like a bandit on the GTS for sure.

These are all of my extra legendaries from Gen IV, as well as an Autumn Deerling and another Lake of Rage Gyarados. It's amazing how many of these guys you end up stockpiling when you have 4 of the 5 games of the Generation.

Of note, at least one Mewtwo and one set of Birds are from Fire Red. One of the Giratina and the Palkia were made by the Sinjoh Ruins event in HG/SS, so both of them are Level 1. Latios took me three freaking hours to capture.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:35 am

Did any of them get blocked from being transferred over?

'Cause that's a thing a friend and I discovered while transferring Pokémon.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:59 am

All of these guys made it safely as all of them are legal (even if the Arceus used to trigger the Sinjoh event itself was questionable). Pokemon that are illegal are generally the only ones that get blocked. For example if you have a Darkrai, Shaymin, or Arceus that was captured in Diamond or Pearl (Darkrai/Shaymin were only legally available in Platinum; Arceus in the Hall of Origin was never released) it won't let it go. Illegal movesets are also blocked. Until recently, a Shiny Jirachi obtained from the Colosseum bonus disc would also be blocked. When this happens it will inform you and it will just exclude those particular mons from the transfer.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:30 am

After a whole lot of searching, trading, and sniping GTS offers, I finally got them all!

Some notes:
-Polar is my native pattern. Highlighted on the top screen is my competitive bred Vivillon that was able to do considerable damage to a team of event legendaries on the Battle Spot. It normally holds a Focus Sash for PvP and Maison, but outside of there where I don't want to lose the Sash, it holds either a Wide Lens or the Amulet Coin.
-I do in fact own a Pokeball pattern Vivillon. I'm aware that it's duplicated and not exactly legitimate, however the original Vivillon was one of the ones distributed in France. It has the accommodating ribbon, region, and name attached to it. I traded a Mew to get it.
-Through my research, it seems River is one of the hardest to find. I finally got it after searching the GTS for three days straight, though it cost me a Ho-oh. Vivillon was the primary reasoning behind migrating all of my old Gen IV legends over.
-A couple of those I got real lucky on, the Sun pattern I was able to grab for a Sunflora, while the Archipelago only cost me an Alakazam. Icy Snow and Sandstorm cost me Raikou and Suicune though, but it's better than what most people are asking for any pattern (Groudon/Kyogre, event legends, Lv100 Gen IV legends, etc; even people with Polar/Elegant ask for these!). The Jungle pattern was received after negotiating with someone. Rather than asking for a specific Pokemon, I gave him a Scatterbug holding a Starf Berry in exchange.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:47 am

PokemonCenter.com is now open! Hang onto your wallets!

As a special promo for the store's opening, the elusive Pokeball Vivillon is currently available worldwide at least in the US and Canada on wi-fi via Mystery Gift. It's only on there until August 13 though, so hurry!

EDIT: Confirmed for EU at the end of this month as well.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:54 pm

CoroCoro has revealed two new Mega Evolutions for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Mega Altaria: Becomes Dragon/Fairy, and gains the ability Pixilate.
VIEW CONTENT:
Mega Lopunny: Becomes Normal/Fighting, and gains the ability Scrappy.
VIEW CONTENT:
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"