Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)

A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin
Blizzard tag: altabiscuit#1164

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Pokémon X and Y

Post by abiscuit » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:23 pm

Well I was grinding XP in one of my friend safaris and I found a Shiny Audino.

I haven't gotten a shiny since a Rattata in GSC.

darklin0
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by darklin0 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:59 pm

abiscuit wrote:So for those of you who have completed the game, what are you making for your postgame team(s)?

Currently this is the team I'm thinking of
VIEW CONTENT:
Mienshao @ Life Orb
Regenerator, Jolly Nature
Taunt
Hi Jump Kick
Stone Edge
U-Turn

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Pressure, Jolly Nature
Ice Punch
Pursuit
Brick Break / Low Kick
Ice Shard

Meowstic (Male) @ Light Clay
Prankster, Bold Nature
Reflect
Light Screen
Thunder Wave
Psychic

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Static, Modest Nature
Volt Switch
Thunderbolt
Dragon Pulse
Fire Punch / Something

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene Grace, Modest Nature
Air Slash
Dazzling Gleam
Fire Blast / Defog
Roost

6th slot I really want to put Swampert in but it does not exist in X/Y yet. I may just use Seismitoad or Gastrodon as a placeholder until then but I dunno what to put as a moveset.

I have very little time at the moment for making teams but I am thinking of a few I want to use: Goodra, Greninja, klefki, carbink.
Queen of the We Hate Mateo Club. Co-Captain: Zookie
[NOS] // <CDi>
[USAHB] // (GOD)
CCCP

Vi Deo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Vi Deo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:58 pm

Hopefully I'll have my team up and running in a few days. I just need to get one more team member and I will have a full team. Maybe by the end of the week I can actually try it out and see how the team functions. I like it on paper.

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:53 pm

I just realized my team has a glaring Fairy weakness so it's back to the drawing board.

Though I've got about three team ideas that share some pokemon so I'll likely breed about 10 things and create two or three teams.

darklin0
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by darklin0 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:36 pm

abiscuit wrote:I just realized my team has a glaring Fairy weakness so it's back to the drawing board.

Though I've got about three team ideas that share some pokemon so I'll likely breed about 10 things and create two or three teams.
Noooooo! I thought you would not notice so I was going to exploit this.
Queen of the We Hate Mateo Club. Co-Captain: Zookie
[NOS] // <CDi>
[USAHB] // (GOD)
CCCP

Vi Deo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Vi Deo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:00 pm

abiscuit wrote:I just realized my team has a glaring Fairy weakness so it's back to the drawing board.

Always a good idea if you have the time. I'll probably just wait for the bank becauseI don't have all that much.

You only had two if amph didn't megavolve. Throw in a steel/poison/fire and you'd probably have been good to go.

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:33 pm

Yeah, Ampharos isn't always a Fairy weakness, but having three potential weaknesses on a team isn't a great idea unless you've got something to cover it. It's also hard to say if Fairy types will even be that great of an offensive powerhouse, most are support/defense.

Most of my guys that I've trained are from Gen 4 but I've been rebuilding them because of how easy it is to breed IVs nowadays.

Vi Deo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Vi Deo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Any one going to be about 11:30 est that has the pokerus? I should have asked for one earlier but I guess my nature is just lax. Hit me up on steam if you can. If you are looking for anything specfic let me know.

Further update: I got my sixth team member last night and horde battles make training super easy. Not to mention no more 255 stat cap. I hated that so much. I also suck at the super training. T-T

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:43 pm

Vi Deo wrote:Any one going to be about 11:30 est that has the pokerus? I should have asked for one earlier but I guess my nature is just lax. Hit me up on steam if you can. If you are looking for anything specfic let me know.
I should be around. Accept my Steam friend request and hit me up when you're ready.

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:38 am

Well I've got six Pokemon almost ready to fight, just need to level some of them up for certain moves. Still gonna be training more after that.

Side note, I've decided I need a team of six Clefables that know only Metronome...Gonna need a lot of Choice Scarfs for that.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:56 am

Anyone have access to dittos in a friend safari, I hear they`re good for breeding good IVs with the destiny knot.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:10 pm

ALERT: Potential Dangers of Wonder Trade

There are reports coming in of unscrupulous individuals using hacked Pokemon in the Wonder Trade, which turns them into Bad Eggs when they arrive in the recipient's game. Bad Eggs cannot be removed by trading or releasing, and they can multiply on their own, leading to the eventual flooding of one's PC with Bad Eggs that cannot be gotten rid of. They may also corrupt Pokemon already stored in your PC, overwriting them with more Bad Eggs.

There has been no official confirmation regarding this, but it might be best to avoid Wonder Trade in the interest of protecting your game.

Vi Deo
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Vi Deo » Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:29 am

I'm not sure, Will. This seems like a rumor that got out of hand. I don't think you can actually trade eggs themselves on the wonder trade and I have yet to hear about there being a way to actually hack the 3DS in any substantial way to make your own mon. At least... no way outside messing with the things innards anyway. I'm actually curious to how many people this has actually happened too. Though-- I'm super paranoid about it now, but it does take a little fun out of just randomly trading my IV'd mons.

abiscuit
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by abiscuit » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:07 pm

As far as I know this was a rumor that surfaced shortly after some information about the hidden legendaries in the game were found.

Side note, I hate that the default format online is 3v3. Everyone uses Aegislash + Blaziken + something else it seems like. I like 6v6 a lot more...allows for more strategy instead of just all these hyper offense teams.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:24 pm

Further reports seem to indicate that the Bad Eggs from Wonder Trade aren't Wonder Trade-related at all, but are an issue of data corruption on the recipient's game due to faulty hardware (e.g. a not-quite-fully-functional SD card). It also seems that the reports of it are just coming in now despite the initial occurrences of it being immediately after the game's release (at least one YouTube video shows one of the eggs, having come from the "Mystery Zone" allegedly on the date "0/0/2000" - said video was uploaded the day after the game was released). Probably an alarmist found out about it just a couple days ago and started blowing it out of proportion, suckering folks like me into a panic. :P

So it looks like Wonder Trade is safe for the time being. Just make sure you've got a good SD card.