Pokémon Generation VI (X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire)

A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Pokémon X and Y

Post by Katotsu » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:19 pm

My problem with the newer 'mons is isn't that they look uncreative, its that they're TOO creative. Its almost like they asked a 5 year old "What should the new Pokemon look like?"

Fox_Blaze
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fox_Blaze » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:03 am

As for the new generation, I have a feeling I will like this one more than Gen 5 when it first came out. I got White around when it was new and I absolutely hated about 90% of the pokemon in there. Seriously, a trash pokemon. omg AN ICE CREAM POKEMON? WTF???? I do like some from gen 5 better than I did back then, but when it was a brand new generation its concentration of pokemon I didnt like almost hindered me from enjoying the game a little bit.

I like Chikorita and Treecko respectively in terms of grass starters, and Snivy is alright I guess. But I am just not seeing the appeal with Chespin. It just looks kinda blah to me besides its face. I feel jipped on Fennekin because we already have a fire type fox pokemon. Why do we need more? But overall I like the aesthetics of the starters in this generation much more than Gen 5.

I agree that the amount of pokemon is getting to be way way too much now, but I look at it as a means of having more variety in my teams. Original 151 at heart, I can see why people are this way, but for me I actually didn't like a whole lot of pokemon from Gen 1 either. Granted, I liked more in Gen 1 than I did Gen 5, but I don't really like the first generation other than reasons of nostalgia and chuckling a bit whenever anyone ever brings it up in a conversation on pokemon 152 and onwards.

Overall, it may be a bit too soon but I really like the way this announcement was presented to us. A history of the games and then presenting to us an innovation by the means of that history. As a relatively new 3DS owner I am really excited and even a bit overjoyed at the prospect of XY because I'll finally have a 3DS game to play besides Mario Kart 7 that came pre-installed with my system.

It's Pokemon XY and that new Animal Crossing 3DS game that is coming out this year are the games that are getting me excited :D
Thanks Nerevarine King for the banner!
TVC '10-Hale's Angels (3rd place)
TVC '11-League of Evil Villuns (2nd place)[/spoiler]

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:37 pm

Fox_Blaze wrote:I feel jipped on Fennekin because we already have a fire type fox pokemon. Why do we need more?
At least it's not as bad as electric-type small rodents, which have been introduced in literally every generation to date. Gen I had Pikachu and Raichu, Gen II had Pichu, Gen III had Plusle and Minun, Gen IV had Pachirisu, and Gen V had Emolga (which I think sounds like a horrible disease :P). There might even be more that I'm forgetting.

I picked up White version the other day on a nice sale due to being overly curious about it based on hype, and I must say I'm still on the fence four gyms in. Some of the new creatures appeal to me, but the vast majority do not, and the game as a whole feels a lot harder than earlier ones, plus a lot more restrictive on your progress (the story ties into everything so heavily that it feels more like I'm being hand-held through a cinematic experience than like I'm having an epic personal journey like in the earlier games). Also it seems as though they rebalanced a lot of stuff simply for the sake of change regardless of consequence - critical hits seem to happen a LOT more frequently (especially for opponents ... how convenient for the CPU...), level-grinding is even more painfully slow than in older games, and the whole world just feels uninspired and bland. I had been led to expect better. :\ Hopefully X and Y will be superior, but this makes me hesitant enough to want to wait for reviews.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:48 am

Hey guys I found a legit way to get the new Eeveelution Ninfia (Sylveon):

In all seriousness all I hope for in the fire type is that it doesn't evolve into another fire/fighting type.... serioulsy Gamefreak your not beating the coolness of Blaziken, stop trying :P. If so I'll definitely use the fire type because I don't like the water and grass type anyways.

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:25 pm

Like Mewtwo?

Well, it got a new form.
VIEW CONTENT:
I can't help but think "was this really necessary?"

Mewtwo's already a pretty powerful 'mon.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Mewthree?

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:12 pm

It looks like something my 10 year old me would draw and label Mewthree and that seems to be what it is.

Not sure how to react to this...

Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Katotsu » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Guardian wrote:It looks like something my 10 year old me would draw and label Mewthree and that seems to be what it is.

Not sure how to react to this...
My earlier statement about new 'mons is enforced.

darklin0
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by darklin0 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:10 pm

I am totally unaffected by this. Still gonna play cause I care of whats on the inside, not the looks. All dat EV training.
Queen of the We Hate Mateo Club. Co-Captain: Zookie
[NOS] // <CDi>
[USAHB] // (GOD)
CCCP

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Sat May 11, 2013 2:03 pm

Four new Pokémon revealed in CoroCoro

The bird's name is "Yayakoma", is Normal/Flying, and can learn Flame Charge.
The lizard's name is "Elikiteru", is Normal/Electric, and learns a move called Parabola Charge.
The goat's name is "Gogoat", is Grass, and can be ridden around on the overworld. It also learns Horn Leech.
The panda's name is "Yamchamu", is Fighting, and learns a move called Parting Remark.

Other things:
- You can customize your character's skin tone and hair color.
- The region's name is "Karos" and appears to be based on France.

Only a matter of time before the English names of everything are revealed.
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Tue May 14, 2013 6:55 am

English names time:

Yayakoma --> Fletchling
Gogoat --> Gogoat
Elikiteru --> Helioptile
Yancham --> Pancham

Parabola Charge --> Parabolic Charge
Parting Remark --> Parting Shot

Karos --> Kalos

We also get what the moves do:

Parabolic Charge -- Heals the user for half the damage it causes
Parting Shot -- Lowers the target's Attack and Special Attack, then the user switches out
Last edited by Supreveio on Wed May 15, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Tue May 14, 2013 7:16 am

Those two new attacks look interesting... as for the Mons, meh

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Tue May 14, 2013 1:30 pm

I like pandas.

darklin0
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by darklin0 » Wed May 15, 2013 1:24 am

New gameplay trailer, it looks nice.

Queen of the We Hate Mateo Club. Co-Captain: Zookie
[NOS] // <CDi>
[USAHB] // (GOD)
CCCP

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:47 am

Nintendo Direct E3 stuff:

The games come out October 12th, 2013.

Two new Pokémon revealed:

Vivillon the pink butterfly (Bug/Flying)
Noivern the stereo wyvern (Dragon/Flying)

Along with Noivern is a new move called Boomburst, which hits all Pokémon in battle, even allies.

And Fairy-type revealed, with Sylveon being of that type. Along with Jigglypuff, Gardevoir and Marill being retyped (similar to Magnemite and Magneton in Gen 2). Fairy-type attacks are Super-effective against Dragon-types.

Personally, I don't know why they decided to add an eighteenth type, when they could've just tweaked the existing ones a bit to achieve the same effect.