Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

City of Heroes Character Descriptions

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:34 pm

Now I know nobody here plays City of Heroes anymore it seems, but I still do and I wanted to get some opinions on a couple of backstories I wrote up for my characters. I don't see myself as a storywriter/teller and wonder if I could improve. If nothing else, I can share some ideas about the characters I created.

Ulawun - Praetorian - Science Dominator - Fire Control/Earth Assault (earth powers are colored to resemble obsidian with flowing magma, think Sharpened Volcano Fragement)

Dr. Theodore Monroe was an accomplished vulcanologist in the world of Praetoria. It was his research that created the means for safe, reliable geothermal energy when the Keyes Reactor either wasn't avalible to power or in the event that it's disabled for whatever purpose. During one of his research trips to the south Pacific volcano Ulawun, his team was attacked by Devouring Earth. Theodore was able to escape, but not without injury. He doesn't know or remember how he got away from the creatures, but he believes that he was "rescued" by members of Powers Division, as the next day he can remember, he found himself able to harness strange abilities related to the volcano itself. This very same day, he found himself in a Powers Division lineup, awaiting orders at Precinct 5, despite having no desire to enlist or even supporting their actions most of the time. Through a lucky break, Theodore was able to side with the Praetorian Resistance behind Powers Division's back. Taking up the name of Ulawun, the volcano he had visited before, he now works with the Praetorian Resistance, learning to harness and control his newfound abilities, as well as fulfilling his personal goals: revenge and answers. Who turned into a living volcano, and why?

Soul of the Void - Villain - Magic Defender - Time Manipulation/Dark Blast

Candice was acustomed to a lawless world, having grown up in the Rogue Islands will do that to you when the police force is more corrupt than some of the villains you happen upon. It never bothered her that she'd have her apartment broken into on a semi-regular basis or that she'd have her pockets picked. She's even been robbed at gunpoint and hardly gave it second thought, as this seems like an everyday occurance in a country that doesn't care about law enforcement. Almost like she was desensitized to crime altogether.

So she didn't think of anything at first when she was kidnapped by the Circle of Thorns. The thought of death did cross her mind at that point however, since the thorns often like to possess people to carry on their legacy, but she was very suprised at the fact that the Legacy Chain showed up to stop the thorn's operation. Using the oppertunity, she seized a few talismans and in a flurry of self defense managed to cause several things to happen, primarily stopping time and creating a link to the shadows in her immediete prescense. Using the oppertunity, she was able to smite the Thorns and, inadvertently, the Legacy Chain wit blasts of space, all before they had a second to react.

Seeing these talismans, which seem to be connected to time and space, gave her a unique oppertunity. She could finally have the power to exact revenge on those who've wronger her, who've robbed her and otherwise made her life miserable. But she didn't want to have to adhere to heroic standards, she wanted to make her victims -suffer-. Creating a new persona, she seized an oppertunity to join Arachnos and get her way against those who have made her life in the Isles a living hell.

Rhoitos - Villain - Technology Brute - Energy Melee/Energy Aura

Johnny was just an ordinary thug in Paragon City. Although he never sided with the more "radical" street gangs like the Hellions or Skulls, he found himself in a leadership position in a small posse that had yet to make a name for itself. Much of his time when he wasn't "on the job", he often participated in underground fighting circles. Too bad for him that the PPD had caught on to some of these illegal fighting rings and happened to set one up themselves as a sting operation. Johnny and several of his fellow gang members were busted at that sting that night, but, as luck would have it, that happened to be the night Arachnos was staging their attack on the Zig to break out the so-called "Destined Ones". In the chaos that ensured, Johnny managed to find a pair of energy amplification gauntlets in the contraband section of the prison. These highly advanced gloves amplified his already impressive fighting abilities by adding pure energy to his punches, and they also happened to be able to disperse extra energy creating kinetic shields that could deflect away incoming attacks. Taking up a new name, Rhoitos fled the Zig that night to make a name for himself in a new home: the Rogue Islands.

As for what became of the rest of his crew, well they probably made their own names, or ended up as cannon fodder for other wanabee heroes.

Precambria - Hero - Mutation Controller - Plant Control/Time Manipulation

Jamie always had a green thumb. She loved to garden and tend to her plants. She never thought about it but her plants always grew quickly and healthy, despite the fact that many of them would require months or years to reach their full growth. On her 17th birthday, a friend gave her a very rare flower seed, one which she was able to grow completly without ever planting it or letting go of it. This got her to think that maybe she has a special gift. As it turns out, she had pretty much been willing her plants to grow quickly because she was a mutant, a mutant who could control the flow of time. Realizing her potential, she grabbed a collection of seeds and planted them across her body, creating a layer of grass and leaves across her person. With the flower now a part of her leafy ensemble, she set off to Paragon City seeking a means to use her powers for the good of the metropolis.

Lionsblade - Neutral (I change his allignment frequently) - Mutation Scrapper - Claws/Regeneration

Tragically abandoned at birth in the jungles of South America, Lion was taken in by an aborigional tribe that happened to chance upon him during a hunt. Raised as one of their own, he learned how to survive in the jungle, but he and the tribe knew that he was different. This especially became clear when he began to grow a tail, much to everyone else's suprise. Even more so that during a ceremonial ritual, Lion was accidentally slashed by one of his tribesmate's spear, only to have the wound seal itself up in a matter of seconds. Lion continued to live with the tribe, training himself in the art of claw combat as much of their rituals and sparring would require. When a missionary from Paragon City came into the village one day, he was amazed to find Lion, who looked nothing like the other tribe members, and who looked very much like a man whom the missionary met some time ago. Lion agreed to return to the city with the missionary, knowing that his place was not with the tribe, and to find out who he really was and what purpose he would serve in Paragon City.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.