Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Skyrim

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:20 pm

mujo wrote:I heard some people saying it suffers from consolitis, is this true?
Some of the menus, especially the skill-trees, definitely suffer from being designed for consoles. [insert expletive-laden rant]

Other than that though, it's doesn't seem to badly affected. It's nothing like DA2 though, which is the worst case of consolitis I've ever seen, and is the source of my current boycott of EA.
-Boss Llama

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:07 pm

While I see the annoyance, it doesn't make sense to change entire swaths of the game when one works perfectly fine on both.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

mujo
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by mujo » Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:20 pm

Thanks for the input!
Adversities do not make a person weak, they reveal what strength he has. -Kierkegaard

[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/l3eeon/mujosig.jpg[/img]

Katotsu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Katotsu » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:25 am

BigBiker05 wrote:I however had to make a handful of config changes. My biggest pet peeve was arrows by default fly in a straight line. They had auto-aim so it would make a fake curve if you aimed straight at your target. I made two ini changes and now I have to really aim and adjust for arrow drop.
Could you share what these are? I'd like that challenge, makes it more realistic.
Last edited by Katotsu on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:36 am

Katotsu wrote:
BigBiker05 wrote:
mujo wrote:I however had to make a handful of config changes. My biggest pet peeve was arrows by default fly in a straight line. They had auto-aim so it would make a fake curve if you aimed straight at your target. I made two ini changes and now I have to really aim and adjust for arrow drop.
Could you share what these are? I'd like that challenge, makes it more realistic.
I've wasted so many arrows trying to correct for drop, only to have the arrow not drop at all. How do I change this?

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:44 pm

I can't find the post on reddit, but I believe these are correct.
So under username->mydocs->mygames->skyrim-> file name skyrim.ini (not skyrimprefs)

Under the combat section add (or find and change)
f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.0
f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.0

On a seperate note, PCGamer claims there are over 100 mods already released for Skyrim and have made an article on their top 10
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/14/the-1 ... ds-so-far/

I don't think I will bother with it, however, there is one mod in there for Taco, the no spider mod for Arachnophobes!

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:50 pm

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:18 pm

BigBiker05 wrote:I can't find the post on reddit, but I believe these are correct.
So under username->mydocs->mygames->skyrim-> file name skyrim.ini (not skyrimprefs)

Under the combat section add (or find and change)
f1PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.0
f3PArrowTiltUpAngle=0.0

On a seperate note, PCGamer claims there are over 100 mods already released for Skyrim and have made an article on their top 10
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/14/the-1 ... ds-so-far/
Thanks!

The mods to get so far look to be the one that lets you use more than 2GB of memory, the false full screen and the improved blood detail. Those are my top picks anyway.

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:39 pm

CG6505 CPT Nelson LCDR Wischmeier AST1 Skimin AMT2 Nichols-4SEP08
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09
CG6017 LT Krueger AMT1 Hoke AMT2 Banks-07JUL10
CG6535 LCDR Taylor LTjg Cameron ASTC Jorge AET3 Knight-29FEB12
WPB87340-2 BMC Terrell Horne-2Dec12
WMSL751 BM3 Obendorf-18DEC13

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:28 am

So I have never touched an Elder Scrolls / Morrowind game, however I have played FO3 and New Vegas extensively so I have most of the controls down.

My question is, I picked the Nord I think it was, like the melee battle guy thing. Will I get companions capable of magic, healing, or anything else particularly like that? Is there even a group system for Skyrim? If so is it anything like Dragon Age Origins group system is like (DPS, Heals, Tank, Etc...)

The skills trees at a first glance seem very extensive so I am still sifting through them, is there a good mix to put with 1H weapons?

Just trying to get a feel before I really get into the game to decide how I want to play. Right now I just escaped with the guy and am at the first village.

Thanks for any help :)
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:32 am

You get a rather tough combat companion relatively early in the main storyline. With her help handing some of the rough combat, I've been focusing more on a Battlemage type build with emphasis on Conjuration magic. I'm certain there is a magic companion somewhere out in the world, Ive just yet to find them.

Some basic magic is always nice to have, though. A nice healing spell will always come in handy, or having some fireballs to shoot at noncorporeal enemies who you cannot hit with normal weapons.
Last edited by TheCarpe on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:39 am

Am I able to dabble in magic regardless of race? I guess I would go as far into it just to get a heal if possible.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:43 am

Your race determines some passive abilities and strengths/resistances, but aside from those, the races can be played in any way you wish. If you're looking for a brutish hack and slash, the Nord is a relatively good choice. Orc and Redguard excel here too.

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:46 am

Thanks Carpe. I do love me some close quarters combat, with all of these choices it just means I will have a reason to play threw again :)

Mal.TVR
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Mal.TVR » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:25 pm

I played a very tiny bit of Oblivion and it didn't grab me. Skyrim on the other hand has me hooked. I sat down to play for an hour last night at 7:30, and when I shut down it was 10:30!

Betteh, I started as a Redguard, warrior guy, and began with the ability to heal and make fire. If you want magic, one of the races designed for it would probably be the best idea, but you can definitely dabble. Many warrior builds dabble in the Restoration tree and other magical trees.

I'm rocking the sword and shield, and I put one point into the dual wielding for a little more fun. Mind you I'm only lvl 11. I think I've killed things for about an hour, and explored and smithed for the rest of the time. Even then...I'm hooked and can't wait to start working on my Orcish armor next!
It's a long hard road coming to recover from World of Warcrack, but I hope you'll help me bare the load while I travel that road.