A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
Goryion
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Re: Borderlands 2

Post by Goryion » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:48 pm

Just an FYI, http://www.greenmangaming.com/ has the game and the DLC on sale up to 75% off currently.

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:16 am

New shift code key, released on the 26th and expires on teh 2nd.

CBCJ3-9T6FX-KJSBT-33J3T-CKBCX

John Doe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by John Doe » Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:43 pm

Merry Christmas 2 new shiftcodes for Borderlands 2.

This one gives you 20 keys.

5JWT3-WTKXX-KJ6WB-333BJ-9W3SJ

And this one gives you 5.

CTC3T-ZZZ9X-9FCCT-BTB3B-KSCCH

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:26 pm

John Doe wrote:Merry Christmas 2 new shiftcodes for Borderlands 2.

This one gives you 20 keys.

5JWT3-WTKXX-KJ6WB-333BJ-9W3SJ

And this one gives you 5.

CTC3T-ZZZ9X-9FCCT-BTB3B-KSCCH
Thanks for the heads up!

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:24 am

5T53B-6K9KT-Z5B65-BTJJ3-655CZ

Valentine's day skins

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:20 pm

So this is a thing. Telltale Games is taking it upon themselves to make a Borderlands title of their own. From the looks of the trailer, it looks like it tackles backstory, particularly that of Handsome Jack.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:53 pm

So I'm quite a bit late to the party here having just bought the game during the summer sale and really just getting to play it recently. Tried to read through several pages of the thread but mostly I would love for any helpful advice you can give to someone who has just found Sanctuary. Played my first multiplayer with jmomo earlier. No idea what I'm doing.
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96

Joel
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Joel » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:18 am

Well, all you ever need to know about Borderlands is "TORGUE MAKES THINGS EXPLODE! END OF SALES PITCH!" But seriously, there's only one enemy that's resistant to explosive damage, and he's just a single NPC compared to everything else, which aren't resistant to explosive damage.

The most important element, however, is slag. You can tell if a weapon is slag if it has purple lights and shoots purple projectiles. Coating an enemy in slag doubles all non-slag damage.

Another thing to note is this: If you see an enemy with a yellow health bar, that means its armoured, and therefore, takes extra damage from corrosive attacks, which are green.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Fri Aug 15, 2014 8:03 am

Know your elements:

Non-elemental: Almost any gun that isn't marked as elemental is such. Non-Elemental does normal damage to everything except armored targets, which take reduced damage.

Fire: Strong against flesh and unarmored foes. Increased damage against unarmored, unshielded targets. (Red health bar)

Shock: Good on shields. Increased damage to shields, reduced to armored and unshielded. (Blue health bar above the normal health bar)

Corrosive: Great for armor! Increased damage to armored, reduced against shields. (Yellow health bar in place of a red one)

Slag: Generally low damage with no type effectiveness. A target hit with a slag weapon might get covered in slag, resulting in boosted vulnerability to all other damage types. Note that some targets are immune to slag, such as Constructors.

Explosive: All-around effective. Typically explosive weapons require tracking and good accuracy, but they make up for it by having no real weaknesses to armor/shield and frequently have splash damage.

Know your gun manufacturers:

Jakobs: "If it took more than one shot, you weren't using a Jakobs". Makes Pistols, Rifles, Shotguns, and Snipers. All non-snipers are semi-automatic, allowing for a fire rate as fast as you can click, however many have strong kickback. Snipers feature bonus damage. With very rare exceptions, all Jakobs weapons are non-elemental however they boast very high damage potential, including a massive hidden bonus to critical hit damage. A variant of the Rifle fires explosive rounds instead of bullets. This particular rifle sells for quite a bit more to shops than all other guns, outpricing many Legendary weapons.

Dahl: Weapons for mercenaries, by mercenaries. Makes Pistols, Rifles, SMGs, and Snipers. Dahl weapons are often the most balanced weapons, offering no real strength or weakness. However Dahl weapons feature a burst-fire setting when you scope in. For some weapons this can be really helpful, on others not so much. Dahl Snipers tend to be lackluster as the burst setting while scoped doesn't help a whole lot. Unscoped Dahl Pistols often share the semi-automatic trait that Jakobs guns have, though they're not nearly as powerful. If you're playing as Salvador, you cannot use burst-fire modes while Gunzerking. A specific variant of the rifle fires grenades instead of bullets. Like the Jakobs rifle, this particular rifle is also very valuable to vendors.

Tediore: Cheap mass-produced throwaway guns....literally! Makes Pistols, SMGs, Shotguns, and Launchers. Reloading a Tediore weapon will instead chuck it at the enemy and deal damage proportionate to the amount of ammo in the magazine and will deal damage based on the gun's element (non-elemental guns deal Explosive damage on a reload). Said ammo is also lost so keep an eye on your reserve. As a result, Tediore weapons have the fastest reload and the cheapest prices at vendors, but often have sub-par stats in every other department. Tediore reloads can do impressive amounts of damage to the point where simply chucking the gun over and over may have higher DPS than shooting the gun.

Torgue: "Did you know that 97% of all life on Pandora isn't exploding right now? That's bull****! BUY TORGUE!" Makes Pistols, Shotguns, Rifles, and Launchers, with a very rare Sniper to be found. All of Torgue's weapons can be described as miniature rocket launchers (with the launchers being bigger than mini). Every weapon deals explosive damage and is often very high. Each bullet however has a projectile speed and requires tracking, making it harder to hit long-range targets; Torgue weapons typically have slow reload and fire rates as well. Torgue Launchers are among the most powerful single-shot damage weapons in the game.

Hyperion: "You don't die until we say so!" Makes Pistols, SMGs, Shotguns, and Snipers. Hyperion weapons boast an unusual FPS mechanic in their reverse accuracy falloff. The longer you fire a Hyperion weapon the more accurate it becomes, reducing spread as you shoot. Depending on the gun it can take several shots before reaching high accuracy, so Hyperion weapons tend to be a waste of ammo. Otherwise their stats are generally all-around average.

Vladof: "You don't need to be a better shot, you just need to shoot more bullets!" Makes Pistols, Rifles, Snipers, and Launchers. Vladof weapons have incredible firing rates that tend to speed up as you continue to fire. Vladof spin-barrel rifles have obscene firing rates when you get one going. As a result they tend to chew up ammo pretty quickly. Vladof Snipers tend to be a cross between Rifle and Sniper, offering high long-range firing rates. The E-Tech Vladof Sniper is crazy hilarious to use; it's practically a machine gun laser beam! Vladof Launchers are the weakest launchers in the game, however all except the Legendary Launcher have the property of conserving rockets every other shot, giving you more rockets for your rockets (the Legendary consumes two per shot, but the results are spectacular).

Maliwan: "Get yourself a Maliwan and light some people on fire!" Makes Pistols, SMGs, Snipers, and Launchers. Maliwan weapons are all about being flashy, and there's nothing flashier than elemental weaponry. Every Maliwan weapon is elemental. However they tend to be relatively weak compared to other guns so it's a matter of playing Rock-Paper-Scissors with your armaments. They also tend to be the most expensive at stores.

Bandit: Makes Pistols, SMGs, Rifles, Shotguns, and Launchers. Most Bandit weapons are crap, almost literally. They're made from what appear to be household items and gratuitous amounts of duct tape. Despite this they will frequently have the highest ammo capacity by far, with some weapons holding well over 200 bullets. With that said, Bandit guns tend to be weak and have atrociously long reload times, though there are a couple of exceptions; the Slagga for example is quite an amazing weapon.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

YoullNeverWalkAlone
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by YoullNeverWalkAlone » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:05 pm

Thanks! So far I've played as the Mecromancer and tend to snipe with a shotgun for in close. My mouse tends to be more sensitive than what I'm used to in TF2, so Ive found that I can snipe with a bit of time, but I have a hard time being accurate with other weapons at closer range. Kickback really makes this hard, so the riffles and I haven't gotten along well.

So far I can equip 3 weapons. Suggestions for what to use and how to balance them?
Thanks Sparky for the sig picture!

Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And You'll Never Walk Alone,
You'll Never Walk Alone

The Truth--Justice--Remember the Hillsborough 96

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Advice for dealing with Hyperion Robots:

Under no circumstances should you ever let an EXP Loader get close to you.

I'd tell you why, but it'd be a spoiler.
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:24 pm

YoullNeverWalkAlone wrote:Thanks! So far I've played as the Mecromancer and tend to snipe with a shotgun for in close. My mouse tends to be more sensitive than what I'm used to in TF2, so Ive found that I can snipe with a bit of time, but I have a hard time being accurate with other weapons at closer range. Kickback really makes this hard, so the riffles and I haven't gotten along well.

So far I can equip 3 weapons. Suggestions for what to use and how to balance them?
Half the fun is trying out all the zany weapons till you find something you like. I've also noticed the mouse sensitivity is super high in borderlands, you can adjust it in the settings (I think) if it's too much.

Joel
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Joel » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:54 pm

All right, I'm not sure where else to post this, but this is something that has been bugging me for some time now. I'm looking for a particular kind of Rubi, which is a quest reward for "Rakkaholics Anonymous" when you turn it in to Moxxi instead of Mordecai. Specifically, I'm looking for an Evisceration Rubi, preferrably a Slag variant and/or with a Maliwan grip. I've asked people in my friends list, I posted in the Gearbox forums—nothing.

I'm currently at level 36 with my Assassin, which is my only character so far, but any Evisceration Rubi below that level will do just fine for me.

bluntspoon
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bluntspoon » Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:06 pm

Send me a PM, I checked and I have a 38 that is close to what you want.

Joel
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Joel » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:52 pm

Thanks for the donation, bluntspoon. It even has everything I want for it.