The Witcher 2. Out today!

A place to discuss other games such as World of Warcraft, BF2 or Red Orchestra
EmbraceThePing
Villun
Villun

Games Played

The Witcher 2. Out today!

Post by EmbraceThePing » Mon May 16, 2011 11:12 pm

Ok I can't see any other witcher 2 threads so I thought I'd start one as the game comes out in a few hours.

No doubt the first few pages will fill with flamings about release problems/ broken game etc etc but hopefully after that, the people who are interested in the game will be able to start discussing what should be a great game :D

Unfortunately I live in Australia. Now normally that would be "fortunately" but when it comes to games it means that quite often we Aussies have to jump through some hoops to get our games uncensored and at a price equivelent to what the rest of the world pays.
Luckily in this instance the people at GoG.com have suspended IP identification which means Aussies can "take a holiday" and "move" to the US or the UK for a while, dl the uncensored version, pay the price the rest of the world pays and still play it when we "get home".

I'm looking forward to this game. For anyone who's interested here's the manual on the steampowered site to whet your appetite.

2:45 till release for me.
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is ... a heretic!

jaypeebuoy
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: The Witcher 2. Out today!

Post by jaypeebuoy » Mon May 16, 2011 11:19 pm

When you get it, tell me how "ubersampling" is. (Relevant: http://www.ripten.com/2011/05/15/the-wi ... -are-uber/)

Sounds like it would make my computer explode.

MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MateoTheBold! » Mon May 16, 2011 11:45 pm

Mmmmm. I'm waiting for it to unlock myself. I am surprised at how few villuns played the first one. I'll post impressions later after playing it a bit.

Warpath Cup- FU-2011, FAIL 2012
Villeympics- BB 2011, USAHB 2012
Ville Cup- HK 2011, SNES 2012, :TIME: 2013, CTB 2014

Araris
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Araris » Tue May 17, 2011 6:07 am

Ubersampling is horribly useless, it's just supersampling. It kills my computer (which is something to really be annoyed with), it's not necessary either as the game already has AA in the options as well, Ubersampling is just unneeded.

On a further note, HOLY **** this game is awesome, I'm to tired after staying up all night to play it to write anything coherent about it but here's some screenshots! (There are more in my steam profile screenshot gallery)

Last edited by Araris on Mon May 30, 2011 7:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MateoTheBold! » Tue May 17, 2011 10:40 am

Yeah, I can't formulate anything coherent at the moment either...but wow. Just wow.

Excellent voice acting, story, production value.....Get this game, NOW!

Bakuryu
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Bakuryu » Tue May 17, 2011 12:20 pm

Been looking forward to it since I got the first one for like five bucks. Might need a new system to run it though...the Bak Machine is gettin a little dated.
I will find you...and I will kill you

Pain in the @&^% TF'er since 2000.

Fizbon666
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Fizbon666 » Tue May 17, 2011 8:32 pm

Argh! You're all killing me! I loved the first one, but I have no funds!

three_gunn
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by three_gunn » Tue May 17, 2011 11:58 pm

i almost bought it today but if i did i would never get around to finishing the first one. soon!

ShadyJane
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ShadyJane » Mon May 23, 2011 8:48 am

I got a new computer last week and this game just simply looks amazing. I never played the first one but heard a lot of talk about this and haven’t played an awesome RPG in a long time so I got it.

The story, the setting, the combat, the character progression, the voice acting, the interface, everything is just so polished. You can tell the developers really put a lot of love into this title. I’d recommend this game to everyone who enjoys RPGs.

I am putting all of my skill points into the alchemy tree. I am not disappointed. Bombs and Traps are frickin awesome.

xXBatmanXx
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by xXBatmanXx » Tue May 24, 2011 11:28 am

Trying to finish the first one - as I never did....for some reason quit playing way back in 2008, so going to finish in the next week and fire up Witcher 2 soon!

Thanks for the pics - those are beautiful.
Reality...never touch the stuff myself....gets in the way of all of the hallucinations!

Araris
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Araris » Mon May 30, 2011 7:11 am

Finished the game on Saturday, man what a treat. I'm not sure I've walked away that impressed with a games overall package since Mass Effect 2. Can't wait for the Witcher 3 now.

I love the cutscene art style;

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:36 pm

Speaking via live broadcast from the CDP Summer Days event, CD Projekt has confirmed the appearance of The Witcher 2 on the Xbox 360 this year, with "no quality compromise" made for Geralt's first journey to console land.

We knew it was coming. The ESRB told us it was coming. Now the developers confirm that The Witcher 2 is indeed being ported to the Xbox 360, with "improvements" made to make the gaming PC-eating title run respectably on the console.

During the webcast CD Projekt representatives answered the question of console quality versus PC by repeating the mantra "It's not the size of the polygons but how you use them." One of the presenters further explained that even on its lowest settings, players still enjoy The Witcher 2 for the PC, and that it was all about the experience.

"It looks absolutely amazing and stunning on console," they assured the assembled viewers, before showing an animated trailer for the game.
My body is ready.

MateoTheBold!
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by MateoTheBold! » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:16 pm

But your mind is not. Come back when you are older, Fox. :dance:

MasterChef
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MasterChef » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:16 am

I bought the first one earlier this week to see how it was. I've been pleasantly surprised, I'm enjoying it so far. I'll probably pick up 2 when I finish 1.

At least these guys are doing it the right way, making it a PC game first and then porting it to a console.

Clay Pigeon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Clay Pigeon » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:25 am

Is it true the game only supports 16:9 w/o black bars, so all other aspect ratios get plowed?
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power tyrants and dictators cannot stand." - The prophet G'Kar