[ONU] Prez
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Civilization V

Post by [ONU] Prez » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:10 pm

387 culture a turn as the Frenchies.

I finished another tree before I could build the Utopia project.

LadeeeDuke
USV Leadership
USV Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by LadeeeDuke » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:57 pm

Well, I haven't figured out how to track where all your combat/moving units are on the map. In the last version, you could go under the view of all your units and see where your little dots were on the map and remove or add them by class. Has anyone figured that out yet? It's kinda hard to track all your people in the later stages of the game.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:59 pm

LadeeeDuke wrote:where all your combat/moving units are on the map
In the top left you have three different pop-downs. Each with a minimal and greater view. I think normally its on minimal science. Anyways, you can hit it to be military, then make it bigger and it'll list every unit you have. A green shows it hasn't moved this turn, yellow show its partially, then I think no light means its completed. If its a worker making something, or if it is healing it will also list that.

Then if you want to quickly see where on the map it all is, you can go to that 2-d map, then filter it so it only shows your units.

I've still yet to figure out how to see world diplomacy. I want to know who is at war with who, and who likes who. The diplomacy screen seems pretty vague.

Agent X
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Agent X » Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:50 pm

Picked the game up today. Will be playing it tonight and tomorrow to get used to it again (played civ 4 about 3 years ago). Look forward to playing some online with some Villuns!
[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/l3eeon/agentsollysig.gif[/img]

[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/StevoTVR/TVC09/agentx.jpg[/img]

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:51 pm

BigBiker05 wrote:
LadeeeDuke wrote:I've still yet to figure out how to see world diplomacy. I want to know who is at war with who, and who likes who. The diplomacy screen seems pretty vague.
When you open the diplomacy tab in the top right, there should be a rectangular button to the left of that once open that says something like "World Diplomacy". It doesn't give a ton of information but it shows who has what deals with whom.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:21 pm

Yeah, I saw the deals but I'm still hating this where your entire diplomacy is based off of pacts. I like the chart from Civ4 with colored lines.

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:42 pm

As much as I do like the game, it does kind of feel like it took three steps forward and two steps back. Some of the aspects that gave IV it's depth are glaringly absent here.

Well, like you say, gotta save something for the DLC.
Heck's Kitchen - TVC'08 & '11 ** The Axecutioners - TVC'09 ** Hale's Angels - TVC'10 ** CCCP - TVC'12 ** Ville Cuppin' Cakes - TVC'13 ** TheCarpetbaggers - TVC'14 CHAMPIONS

LadeeeDuke
USV Leadership
USV Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by LadeeeDuke » Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:55 pm

I'm just gonna ditto your statement there Carpe. Thanks BigBiker for the help. I still hadn't figured that out yet, as of tonight.

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:57 pm

I just got finished playing with the Ottomans, and their unique ability is really entertaining. Apparently you don't even need to engage the barbarian naval units to convert them. If they come into your line-of-sight, there's a 50% chance they'll be converted. It's really useful in conquering the coast...and eventually the seas...

bz
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bz » Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:35 pm

How about the new combat mechanics? From what I've seen, it seems to be a decided departure from the previous installments.

I liked what I saw, throwing huge stacks of units at Montezuma always lacked a personal touch , but how well does it translate in a full game?

(and shoot, I'm still hooked on Civ IV... this must be how someone who's been addicted to smoking crack all their life feels when they discover they can just inject it directly into the bloodstream...)
fear no darkness.

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:01 pm

I noticed that the enemy just seems to threaten me and waits for me to declare war.

I refuse to declare war until I have horses and iron...and delicious, savory gold.

LadeeeDuke
USV Leadership
USV Leadership

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by LadeeeDuke » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:34 pm

Okay, finished a game all the way to the end and "RRRRRRR"! What a let down. The last version I have gave you a wonderful animated scene when you built your spaceship. This one, NOT! All that work and a picture of the spaceship, not much more. Hmmm. Also, I couldn't figure out why I couldn't build the parts like they said until I moved my garrisoned tank off my capital and then put my parts one by one on the point and selected build. Otherwise, no buildy. This not occupying a tile that is occupied by one of your own men is ridiculous. After I moved my tank, lo and behold a stupid worker moved there and I couldn't get him to move for the longest time. Oh well, back to a game I love more. I can dream they will make this thing better, can't I?

TheCarpe
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by TheCarpe » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:41 pm

Tungsten wrote:I noticed that the enemy just seems to threaten me and waits for me to declare war.

I refuse to declare war until I have horses and iron...and delicious, savory gold.
People declare war on me left and right. Problem is they usually exhaust their entire military and economy doing so for a bloody ten or so turns, then once I've fended them off, I can wipe out their whole nation with 4 or 5 good units.

Tungsten
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Tungsten » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:09 pm

TheCarpe wrote:
Tungsten wrote:I noticed that the enemy just seems to threaten me and waits for me to declare war.

People declare war on me left and right. Problem is they usually exhaust their entire military and economy doing so for a bloody ten or so turns, then once I've fended them off, I can wipe out their whole nation with 4 or 5 good units.
Germany kept insulting me so I finally took action. I took about six of there eight cities before they bribed me to make peace.

Also, they've releasing some DLC soon. Babylon will be available for $5 and Mongolia will be released for free. There's also a new patch coming out soon, and apparently the developers are planning to add hot-seat mode for multiplayer.

EDIT: http://kotaku.com/5666991/civilization- ... l-cost-you

Agent X
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Agent X » Mon Nov 01, 2010 7:56 pm

TheCarpe wrote:

This! I also like it when all of the neighbor Civs decide to declare war on me at the same time. Keeps me on my toes, but I've weathered the storm everytime to go back and wipe them out.

I don't like how everyone gets mad at me for being a warmonger when I start kicking everyone's butts for starting it, lol.
[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/l3eeon/agentsollysig.gif[/img]

[img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/StevoTVR/TVC09/agentx.jpg[/img]