BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Lord of the Rings Online

Post by BigBiker05 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 4:55 pm

So the installer is so stupid, I'm having trouble extracting some of the files. I found a thread in the forum and it seems the only solution is people who have the full game are copy and pasting files to get it to work.

Darklightr
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Darklightr » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:50 pm

Signed up for Beta.. When do you guys think they will release it?
Thanks, Blah! I owe you one!

bullwinkle
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by bullwinkle » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:00 am

I still play off and on, tho haven't lately cause of sc2. Im on medalor (sp?) and usually i am on Bullwinkle or kolmath. did the beta, not a huge difference game wise sept adding the store maybe. might be nice to have some new faces, as it has gotten a little stale
Image Image
remember that time you almost died in that fire and then i said i wasnt going to murder you

2007 Kill l3eeron Champ

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:08 am

So yeah, played about 10 minutes of the game, didn't like it. Its just like every other fantasy MMO. Kill spider, collect loot from spider. Go back to quest giver, get some coin. Repeat about 1 billion times.

Archon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Archon » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:21 pm

monster play ftw, that all i ever did in the last few months of original beta. 24/7 keep sieges = win, when you can get freeps to try anyways.
USER, n.: The word computer professionals use when they mean 'idiot.'

Darklightr
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Darklightr » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:55 pm

I don't care, I still want it :D

Espada
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Espada » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:15 pm

Of course this is going to be a generic MMO if you don't play it for the story. The story and the world are amazingly done. If you play this like you play WoW or other MMOs, yes, you will be disappointed. Play this as you would a co-op or single player game and you'll be richly rewarded.

"He's like a guardian angel with a tan hat and a bushy beard!"

ShadyJane
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ShadyJane » Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:12 am

I was in the original beta for this game back in ~2006 and having loved the books I loved this game. If you play it as a stand alone MMO then you're better off playing a different game. But if you play it to be a member in Tolkien's world than you should get a lot out of it.

I'd play but I just can't do MMO's anymore. I want to give The Old Republic a try, but that's about it.

Rohan
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rohan » Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:39 am

LOTRO is going f2p next book but in order to get some stuff like the Moria expansion or the ability to go into the only pvp zone you will have to buy it w/ Turbine points, if your a lifetime member you get turbine points automatically and already have access to most of the game so the points are only good for pots ect...for f2p ppl your going to have to buy regions and epic books, you can also buy turbine points with real money

i'v been pvping in the game since it came out, i'v always loved pvp, but turbine does not, it's a pve game and thats there focus, and they never miss and opportunity to tell the pvpers that. the Ettenmoors bugs (Ettenmoors is the only region for pvp) are usually the last to be fixed if they are at all, there have been huge imbalances between the factions, if monster players get an imbalance going for them it's quto-fixed in a week, if free peoples get an imblance for them it's fixed in months, usually the next book, sometimes never. nevertheless i still consider it the most fun part of the game...once you get up in level the raids aren't to bad either, f2p ppl will probably have to buy them though, and you run into the problem of getting 12-24 people together to do the raids

my free peoples characters are on Meneldor: Anoden lvl 65 rank 7 captain and Azoden lvl 59 hunter
my Creep (Monster Play) character is on Elendilmir: Azsouth rank 13 Warg (was #1 Monster Player in the United States until last week when two people passed me, got burned out.

if your looking for pvp Elendilmir and Brandywine are the two most active pvp servers in the United States, Elendilmir being the better choice (each side has Teamspeak or Ventrillo so they can all communicate w/ eachother and organize when they are in the zone)

if your looking for pve and raiding Meneldor is probably the best place to go, they have the best pve kinship called Maelstrom, Elendilmir also has some pretty good kinships, Elendilmir and Brandywine are the two largest population servers followed by Landroval and probably Meneldor.

hope this helps, if your considering playing u can contact me on my characters listed in this post, if you have any questions about the game feel free to PM me on the forums or in game :).
Ville Cup 07 DoD 1.3 Finalist ={KPS}=
Ville Cup 07 DoD:S Team *S|E*
Ville Cup 06 DoD 1.3 Finalist =(M)-(M)=

Archon
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Archon » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:48 pm

i loved monster play, had a rank 5 (max at the time) uruk hai (archer class, dont remember exact name) in the beta. it was so hard to try an get the freeps to try and take a keep tho :/ usually one of us creeps would switch over for a little while to try and motivate a raid. of course when the servers restarted for an update and the keeps went back to default ownership (3/5 for freeps), it was an epic series of battles
USER, n.: The word computer professionals use when they mean 'idiot.'

Darklightr
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Darklightr » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:31 pm

archon, Uruk-hai are Orc warriors from Isengard. Just to let you know xD

Rohan
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Rohan » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:43 pm

you were a Blackarrow
Ville Cup 07 DoD 1.3 Finalist ={KPS}=
Ville Cup 07 DoD:S Team *S|E*
Ville Cup 06 DoD 1.3 Finalist =(M)-(M)=

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:22 pm

Its official, just got an email saying it is now free to play.

SilverOne
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by SilverOne » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:55 pm

Im playing :)

On the new crickhollow server. Want to play on a server with new players too. :)

As usual im Silverone on there. :)
STOP FLAPPIN' THE YAP AND WATCH THE LANGUAGE ~Blue Ruler
Silver is Cheezylicious ~MErf
I bleed ville purple.

Espada
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Espada » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm in a pretty nice kinship on the Brandywine server. I have a 55, so I won't be leaving my server any time soon. I would encourage you to try out the Brandywine server though. Hit me up if you do, 55 mini - Gwendraeth. I'll be making some new chars to try out the new starting zones too, but hit me up on steam or in a pm. I can get you started =3

"He's like a guardian angel with a tan hat and a bushy beard!"