Gizanked
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Beat Hazard

Post by Gizanked » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:35 pm

[quote="NoahTheBoa";p="238252"]I'm still trying to beat 2112 on Normal. I've gotten to 96%...[/quote]

I now have a new goal.
http://www.tf2items.com/id/evagizanked
the artist formerly known as Replica

NoahTheBoa
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by NoahTheBoa » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:28 pm

[quote="Gizanked";p="238269"][quote="NoahTheBoa";p="238252"]I'm still trying to beat 2112 on Normal. I've gotten to 96%...[/quote]

I now have a new goal.[/quote]

I've spent at least 2 hours on it and have made it to the finale like 3 times. But the quiet parts at the beginning of Discovery and the end os soliliquoy are killer...

NoahTheBoa
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by NoahTheBoa » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:40 pm

WOOOOOOOO! Beat 2112 on normal. 14.5 million points!

Buzzy Beetle
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Buzzy Beetle » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:14 am

I've find the opposite of Audiosurf to be true in this game's mechanics. A slow paced song in Audiosurf with not much going on is a much easier ride, while in Beat Hazard you want the intense, heavy hitting music to keep your weapon systems up to par.

Meaning that with the metal I listen to if given a choice suits me much better in this game than Audiosurf. Not that I don't like Audiosurf or slower music, but nothing beats epic battles to the sounds of Blind Guardian or Aventasia guns blazing and the lightshow... well... being awesome.

Not to mention that a 6 minute song with intense vocals and instrumental gives you some killer +1 million high scores per song.
I proudly support Independent Developers, Local Businesses, and SNAILGOSH.

NoahTheBoa
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by NoahTheBoa » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:18 am

I beat this on easy. It was ridiculously hard to get through the first movement...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngTnToAs4uU

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Sat May 01, 2010 1:12 pm

Just did Rush's "Working Man" on insane. Impressively, only lost one life, and got over twenty million points. Woo!
I am the 1%!

Fraulein Arztin
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Fraulein Arztin » Sat May 01, 2010 4:04 pm

Masakari wrote:Just did Rush's "Working Man" on insane. Impressively, only lost one life, and got over twenty million points. Woo!
You failed at failing!!!!
Surprising!!

three_gunn
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by three_gunn » Sun May 02, 2010 1:01 pm

[quote="Buzzy Beetle";p="238616"]...while in Beat Hazard you want the intense, heavy hitting music to keep your weapon systems up to par.

Not to mention that a 6 minute song with intense vocals and instrumental gives you some killer +1 million high scores per song.[/quote]

well said!

funniest times are when i'm enjoying the uber powers my ships emitting during intense songs but forget theres 6 or 7 seconds of silence at the end. sometimes i'm able to successfully navigate around remaining asteroids/enemy ships while weaponless, sometimes i'm not successful and it was my last life. :lol:

NoahTheBoa
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by NoahTheBoa » Sun May 02, 2010 1:06 pm

I just try to get as many Dare Devil bonuses as possible when the song is quiet. If you use a superbomb, it doesn't stop the dare devil bonus from going up.

BrianKeljore
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by BrianKeljore » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:25 pm

I played this game nonstop for a while and noticed a number of changes to it. They reduced the amount of bullets generated by most of my songs, making my old high scores a lot harder to beat.

Anyways, here is a video of me playing a song off of Blazblue Song Accord #1 with Continuum Shift on Insanity difficulty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voPe3v5pqcE
Beware the Busey Monster

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:57 pm

In case people missed it, they released a huge update for it this week that improved graphics, and added a whole bunch of new features like perks in anticipation of the Ultra DLC coming at the end of the month. Some of the changes take a bit of work to get used to, but they're quite fun and make it a little more challenging!
I am the 1%!

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:19 pm

It's a very fun game, I bought it a while ago as this game was one of the "Steam Treasure Hunt" objectives. The perks update has completly changed the way you score now, but at least there's much more customization now. Earlier it was just you need about 5-6 hours of play time before you can even compete. Now, you can compete by choosing what benefits you want before you play.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:49 pm

Picked up the "Ultra" DLC (out today, rather than the projected June 27). Definitely worth it, based on first impressions. The DLC takes it from a unique, seizure-inducing Asteroids-style shooter to a flippin' awesome seizure-inducing Asteroids-style shooter. $5.00 is definitely a fair price. (Or $4.50 if you buy before June 23!)

I'm hoping to eventually be able to do well on anything besides Easy ... I don't care for the competitive side of it though, so if Easy's what I can do, Easy's what I'll stick with. :P

Masakari
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Masakari » Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:52 pm

Yeah, I saw it got released earlier (Last I heard it was supposed to be released closer to the end of the month, but earlier releases are good!). Picked it up already, just have to get home to try it!
I am the 1%!