MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Eve Online

Post by MrBlah » Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:36 pm

Does anyone play Eve Online, or has anyone played Eve Online? or would anyone like to play Even Online?

I started playing it at the beginning of December and I am really enjoying it. The fact that I do not have to log in to actually train skills is really big to me. The fact that I do not have to spend much time on line to make money and fund my training and buying new ships is awesome too. I buy and sell from major trade hubs to NULL sec, or more dangerous places to be. :) No, there are no "universal banks" like every other MMO that exists. Thats what makes trading so profitable. The PVP isn't as interactive and exciting as some MMO's. Its a target ship, press a button, let your weapons shoot the other ship. But large fleet fights >5-8 people can be a lot of fun. TEAMWORK is needed in those, and having a younger character will not matter nearly as much, as there are always roles to fill.

hehe.

If you wanna try it for 21 days instead of 14, which IMO, 21 days is, in some cases not even enough time to try it, but 14 won't get you anywhere. pm me your email and I'll send the buddy invite thing. I can help ya out in the beginning to by giving you monies!
Eater of Potatoes, since 2008.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:49 pm

very kind and noble gesture of you mate

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:04 pm

Eve online, I don't even know where to start with this one.

I have always been fascinated with ships, both water and space. This game has always attracted me for several reasons. But MMOs are a big commitment, and my practice for an MMO is go big or don't waste your time. The end-game for Eve online is one which a few guilds control everything, and to truly feel the elite of Eve online you must try to get into one of those games.

Because of this, I have refused the temptation of even trying Eve online because I don't want to get addicted to something so great. Of course, for all I know I may not like the game at all.

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:25 pm

You don't have to get to "end game" Eve in order to have fun though. You don't have to be online to train, and you don't have to be online to make money either, though as you progress it helps to be.

To me, Eve requires little commitment to be successful. Yeah, in the beginning it would help to play a bit, but if you know someone that will give you money, it goes a long way.

I like Eve more than I do many other games because being online doesn't mean advancing faster. There is no grind. Given direction in the beginning, you don't have to worry about a whole lot.

I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you.
― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Tyrian
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Eve Online

Post by Tyrian » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:12 pm

I play Eve too!

Ditto with the buddy thing, it's fun to play together. Hit me up! :D

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:47 pm

I've wanted to try it for a while, i've been intrigued by the workings of the game ever since I saw a trailer for it on one of PC Gamer's demo disks, but i'm having a lot of trouble justifying another MMO. I have played many, whether they were free or subscription based, and while EVE definetly has notable differences, they all boil down to the same thing, and they all become expensive over time. I still maintain two active subscriptions, Final Fantasy 11 (though I cancelled Tetra Master two years ago) and City of Heroes (this recently went F2P, like last week, but perks remain for people who continue to pay, bonus content, benefits, etc). I have previously subscribed to WoW (thank god I stopped there, WoW players are mostly jerks) and Star Trek Online (huge letdown, especially considering Cryptic was the developing company, they started City of Heroes). I've also played many F2P games, including Spiral Knights and Champions Online, and have played demos of Tabula Rasa (this game was shut down a few years back due to a lack of popularity) and Aion.

Overall, I can't justify another one, even if EVE comes across as a very casual play. I've already got two other games outstanding, and nothing else seems to appeal to me long enough for prolonged play. I'll probably be fine if you hand me a demo, but I likely won't go beyond that.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

MrBlah
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by MrBlah » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:00 am

Can't say I've played in quite a while :D

BTW Zork, the learning curve in Eve will make it so that it doesn't appeal to you long enough. At least, that's what I think.

Send me your email if you want it though.

― Neil deGrasse Tyson

OmgOhnoes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by OmgOhnoes » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:44 am

I use to play it, have a couple of Tier II BPO's that funded my fun.

Ultimately i enjoyed it but found it too time consuming. There's no such thing as logging on for 15 minutes like there is with TF2.

That's basically why i gave it up, didn't have the hours of time to invest. TF2 i can log on when i want, play for a round or two and leave and find it as rewarding.

There's just not that crazy rush you get when PvPing and you have something on the line to lose that you worked very hard for.