BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Dragon Age Origions

Post by BETTEH » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:15 am

Anyone else catch this on the steam store recently?

I am going to preorder it and give it a go, I was a huge Ultima Online nerd and this just tickles my dungeon crawling nerve.
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.

Araris
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Araris » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:28 am

I bought the Deluxe Digital Edition of it last night. Originally I was on the fence but apparently the game is one of the most expansive RPGs ever made. They said a rush through of it would still take ~35-40 hours and if you actually get involved and pay attention to the story it can take 60-70 hours.

Not to mention it's Bioware, so it can't be bad. The whole fantasy element with the back story is real cool also. I'd strongly recommend people at least try out the Character Creator off of steam (it's free).

VII
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by VII » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:30 pm

Undecided. I'm an avid fan of Bioware since Baldur's Gate, but there's two editions to buy on Steam. Besides the additional items the Deluxe package gives, there is new-content in the form of an optional 'quest': Warden's Keep. 'Free' items are hardly worth the extra $15. Curious if they'd offer the Keep separately for the original edition.

eraD
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Re: Dragon Age Origions

Post by eraD » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:10 pm

I am keeping my eye on it, but the trailers so far have been horrendous.

UncannyGarlic
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by UncannyGarlic » Sun Oct 18, 2009 2:44 pm

[quote="eraD";p="203335"]I am keeping my eye on it, but the trailers so far have been horrendous.[/quote]
Agreed. The gameplay demos and de.scriptions of some of the systems make the game sound like it has promise but we'll see whether it's something special or yet another generic Bioware game with a different skin. Bioware puts out some good stuff but their products are very samey. Part of the reason that I quit playing KotOR (the first one) was because it was NWN with StarWars clothing and less customization.

Earthworm James
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Earthworm James » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:47 pm

Anyone played their previous Baldur's Gate II? Same genre as Dragon's Age: Origins. I think that in itself is promising. BGII was good fun and BioWare dipping back into their roots sounds like more good fun. I will certainly give it a try as soon as it is released.

It has been a while since I've played a really good adventure RPG.

BigBiker05
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BigBiker05 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 7:32 am

I was messing with the character creator and I was like wow, this seems REALLY familiar. So I then searched for a gameplay video on youtube. It looked great at first, but then really familiar again. I started browsing old RPGs I've played in the last few months. Then I found it.

Neverwinter nights. Now is this supposed to be part of the series? It is practically identical (except newer graphics, story, etc). I noticed both are made by bioware so... Gonna have to pass on it, I dont like the party system.

Espada
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Espada » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:12 pm

I'm so freaking excited for this game. Preordered collectors off a website and it shipped the other day. I also preordered from gamestop (regular edition) and if for some reason the website doesn't get me the collector's edition they'll hook me up there with one because they're awesome like that. Anyway, I have the gamestop exclusive preorder items and I'd be willing to see if anyone else could use my code AFTER I use it of course. Be interesting to see if codes are reusable.

"He's like a guardian angel with a tan hat and a bushy beard!"

Earthworm James
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Earthworm James » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:58 am

I started playing DA: Origins for PC! Very fun and immersive, which is why I havent been playing much TF2, keke.

My bro is playing it on xbox and it looks great there too.

Anyone else enjoying the game?

Espada
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Espada » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:34 pm

Mine should be coming today. I'll get it installed, use my gamestop codes and then pass them along to see if you can use them.

Earthworm James
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Earthworm James » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:00 am

Cool! Worth a shot :D

eraD
Villun
Villun
Loading…

Post by eraD » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:31 pm

I'm hoping Steam might have it on sale for Christmas. If not, I'll probably just buy it anyways.

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:48 pm

[quote="BigBiker05";p="204266"]
I was messing with the character creator and I was like wow, this seems REALLY familiar. So I then searched for a gameplay video on youtube. It looked great at first, but then really familiar again. I started browsing old RPGs I've played in the last few months. Then I found it.

Neverwinter nights. Now is this supposed to be part of the series? It is practically identical (except newer graphics, story, etc). I noticed both are made by bioware so... Gonna have to pass on it, I dont like the party system.
[/quote]

bioware is like that.

they make games that look very similar

Espada
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Espada » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:12 am

Well I AM IN LOVE WITH IT
Also, it's a nogo on the codes. I could probably get some spare ones from gamestop if you want the 2 items. Feral Wolf Charm and some ring...+1% to all exp I think

mr_s
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by mr_s » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:40 am

[quote="Espada";p="207986"]
Well I AM IN LOVE WITH IT
Also, it's a nogo on the codes. I could probably get some spare ones from gamestop if you want the 2 items. Feral Wolf Charm and some ring...+1% to all exp I think
[/quote]

eer dude, thats not really feasible.

that means the next person to get the code will be robbed