Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Dark Souls II

Post by Bronze Fox » Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:53 pm

Garrett wrote:
Bronze Fox wrote:I'm not sure what you mean?
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant regarding the Shrine of Amana. Before 1.03, it was regarded as the most annoying area due to the homing magic from the mages with ridiculous aggro range. 1.03 severely limited the homing ability of the magic and now the area is cake. I saw a PC video recently however that seemed to show the super homing abilities of the magic in the shrine and was curious if the PC version of the shrine is still the nightmare that it used to be on console.

Is the multiplayer connectivity good on PC? Awful lag and rampant hacking (fixed with VAC now I believe) were my biggest complaints for DkS 1 on the PC.
Ah, I understand now. When I went through they still had insanely long range so I assume the PC version isn't current with the console version yet, and besides from my own terrible internet I haven't had any problems with latency when helping people as a phantom.

I've done zero PvP so I can't comment if there is any hacking, but I think it's a little too early to say at this point anyway.

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:06 pm

Shrine of Amana was still ridiculous when I went through there.
I haven't had too much trouble with pvp, there have been cases where I'm looking someone in the face and they backstab me though. And the other day I ran into a hacker who took no damage from my attacks, but there's only been that one case.
Connectivity is much better though, there's not really any problem finding people to summon, getting summoned, or invading others. They usually happen in under 30 seconds now.

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:20 am

My only big complaints about gameplay are that I HATE they removed the kick, and the new parry animation, that little hitch before you swing your shield, I just can't time it anymore.

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Thu May 01, 2014 7:36 pm

Invasions in this game confuse me. For both of my playthroughs on console and PC I never got invaded once; then went I went to NG+ on PC, and I got invaded around 15+ times. One time I got invaded in Huntsman's Copse, got killed by the invader, respawned, and then I got invaded again by the same person. (cost me 400k souls... slightly my fault) I could have sworn there was a 10 minute timer between invasions in the first Dark Souls.

In less infuriating news, I did manage to get all the achievements.

chaffe[seagreens]
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by chaffe[seagreens] » Thu May 01, 2014 8:18 pm

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/ only $35.00, only a few hours left

ShiftyDevil
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by ShiftyDevil » Fri May 02, 2014 8:43 am

Bronze Fox wrote:Invasions in this game confuse me. For both of my playthroughs on console and PC I never got invaded once; then went I went to NG+ on PC, and I got invaded around 15+ times. One time I got invaded in Huntsman's Copse, got killed by the invader, respawned, and then I got invaded again by the same person. (cost me 400k souls... slightly my fault) I could have sworn there was a 10 minute timer between invasions in the first Dark Souls.

In less infuriating news, I did manage to get all the achievements.
I wasn't invaded a single time in NG.

I got my first dude to NG+ but then started a new guy, so can't confirm the NG+ invasions.

I've done a bunch of PVP but it was all Belltower and Rat covenant

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Fri May 02, 2014 9:35 am

Was considering getting this, whats the length and replayability on it?
Also never played the 1st one
Thanks Sparky

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Fri May 02, 2014 11:30 am

Perfect Villain wrote:Was considering getting this, whats the length and replayability on it?
Also never played the 1st one
If you keep playing and don't ragequit, first playthrough should be 40+ hours.
Replayability comes in the form of either NG+ or creating different types of characters.

In NG+ you keep your character and all your gear but you start at the beginning of the game again except there are now new enemy spawns,
enemies have more health, they do more damage, and you can only get certain items in NG+.

Game has a huge difficulty curve but once you figure it out it's not too incredibly difficult.

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Fri May 02, 2014 11:49 am

is it mostly tactical fighting?
Have to dodge at certain times, attack at certain times?

I've heard so many bad things about the 1st one i never bothered to get it but i heard this one is pretty good but im wondering what sets it apart
Thanks Sparky

Garrett
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Garrett » Fri May 02, 2014 12:30 pm

Perfect Villain wrote:is it mostly tactical fighting?
Have to dodge at certain times, attack at certain times?

I've heard so many bad things about the 1st one i never bothered to get it but i heard this one is pretty good but im wondering what sets it apart
Yes the fighting is a bit more strategic than other games I've played but since it's all real-time, you can adjust your fighting style to whatever you like. The game favors a defensive playstyle but you can still be aggressive if you're comfortable.

I feel the problems with the first have been mostly fixed in this installment. The connectivity online is much improved (I'm comparing playing DkS on the PC and DkS2 on Xbox so I may be wrong). The gameplay concepts, stats, and where to go next are also explained in more detail. However, you may still want to find a spoiler-free "where to go next guide".

Overall, I enjoyed Dark Souls 2 as much as the first game. I beat it and got all the achievements a lot faster than the first though, but that may just be from playing with experience from the first. I recommend it if you think you won't mind the steep initial difficulty curve. My friend gave up on the first level due to frustration eliminating any fun he was having.

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Fri May 02, 2014 1:28 pm

i died due to the environment i jumped and it wouldnt jump so i died and then i tried to do it again to retrieve my souls and died again thats my biggest issue atm the controls with the environment!

Any up for co oping with me?
Thanks Sparky

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Fri May 02, 2014 4:11 pm

Perfect Villain wrote:i died due to the environment i jumped and it wouldnt jump so i died and then i tried to do it again to retrieve my souls and died again thats my biggest issue atm the controls with the environment!

Any up for co oping with me?
I'm almost certain that environmental deaths are nearly as frequent as deaths to enemies. You will die a lot, not only to dudes with giant hammers :P

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Sat May 03, 2014 4:44 pm

so was just playing in forest and was going back to the bonfire when 2-3 grim reaper looking characters were hovering/flying towards me once i crossed the stream they disappeared and i also have noticed unknown people spawning around my campfire
Thanks Sparky

Pine
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Pine » Sat May 03, 2014 5:03 pm

Perfect Villain wrote:so was just playing in forest and was going back to the bonfire when 2-3 grim reaper looking characters were hovering/flying towards me once i crossed the stream they disappeared and i also have noticed unknown people spawning around my campfire
sometimes you see the ghosts of other people running around in their worlds.

Bronze Fox
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Bronze Fox » Sat May 03, 2014 7:15 pm

Pine wrote:
Perfect Villain wrote:so was just playing in forest and was going back to the bonfire when 2-3 grim reaper looking characters were hovering/flying towards me once i crossed the stream they disappeared and i also have noticed unknown people spawning around my campfire
sometimes you see the ghosts of other people running around in their worlds.
When you're at a bonfire you will sometimes see clear images of other players,
and when you're not at bonfire you will sometimes see white transparent ghosts.

Both of these are other real players.