Valheim Plus

A forum to discuss the Viking sandbox and survival game Valheim.
Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Valheim Plus

Post by Flash » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:19 am

There was a suggestion in Discord to install the Valheim Plus mod on the server.

Any thoughts?

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Valheim Plus

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:45 am

I'm looking over the feature page, here -

https://valheim.plus/features

Quite a log of configurables, which the game is definitely lacking otherwise in present form.

It seems like nearly everything under "Player Modifications" is just meant to make the game easier - I wouldn't recommend changing any of those, with the possible exception of the shared map, if people want it, and allowing view switching.

The items under "Building" feel much more like QOL upgrades, and I'd be in favor of most of those being allowed. I wouldn't want to disable structural integrity, but the ABM and AEM, as well as rotation options, would be splendid.

For "Crafting and Production" there's a mix. I wouldn't modify the speeds or capacities, but I can see how things like "craft from chest" would be nice.

The "Server Modifications" element is obviously nice, though I don't know how many we'd need at the moment. Definitely keep the password. Slots we can see if we need - presently we do have a number of players, which is nice. I'm not aware of hitting 10 simultaneous yet - I want to say 7 or 8 though, perhaps?

Upshot, I'd be quite willing to give it a try, so long as we're not using it for things like reducing stamina consumption or modifying game balance.
-Boss Llama

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:47 am

It seems very similar to several of the QOL modes for Ark that we never bothered to implement.

As far as slots, we're actually paying for "10 slots" so I'm not sure we should go messing with that from the get-go.

If we want to give it a whirl we need to come up with a list of configuration settings and then either of us could install it.

Cpt._Keyes
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Cpt._Keyes » Fri Mar 26, 2021 4:46 pm

only issue i have is the developers have said point blank they wont be supporting mods. So with version updates i see issues
CG6505 CPT Nelson LCDR Wischmeier AST1 Skimin AMT2 Nichols-4SEP08
CG1705 LCDR Barnes LT Bryant AMTC Seidman AET2 Grigonis AET2 Beacham AMT2 Moletzsky AMT3 Kreder-29OCT09
CG6017 LT Krueger AMT1 Hoke AMT2 Banks-07JUL10
CG6535 LCDR Taylor LTjg Cameron ASTC Jorge AET3 Knight-29FEB12
WPB87340-2 BMC Terrell Horne-2Dec12
WMSL751 BM3 Obendorf-18DEC13

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:04 pm

That's certainly worth knowing. Looking at what the next major update is supposed to be - overhauls and improvements to construction and cooking - I wouldn't be surprised if many of the more desirable aspects (by my preferences anyway) of V+ are included in some form in the next big drop.
-Boss Llama