Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Day one

Post by Boss Llama » Tue Apr 07, 2020 10:05 am

The story of day one...

I awaken on the beach... this is a strange land. Dinosaurs wander, and I have some strange gem embedded in my arm. I break off some branches from a nearby tree, and tie some rock to it... a primitive tool I can use to harvest wood, stone, thatch and other necessaries. I begin collecting things - it goes well. I build a small hut, and harvest some dodos for meat and leather to make food and a bed. Things continue going well. I expand my house, I advance my skills, I learn new recipes and manufacture spears and a slingshot to aid me in combat. I push inland away from the beach to find a more protected place to build a home. I find a spot, this look good - in the woods on a small cliff above a river. I build a more advanced home here... solid wood foundation and walls, which will help protect me far more than the thatch hut I started with.

I head back toward my original home to gather my things and transport them to my new cabin. While I'm making my way through the narrow valley choke-point to the beach, a pack of Compsognathus suddenly swarm me and attack! Compies are tiny but fast, and attack in groups, so I run hard and put some distance between me and them. They fall behind and give up the chase. Deep breath, I start heading for my hut. Then suddenly. SKREE! The cry of an Ichthyornis - a giant seagull with a bad attitude, flawless aim, and an insatiable urge to divebomb anything that moves without provocation.

The icthy smacks me in the head. These things are nearly impossible to fight with my technology, so I run back in to the trees to get some cover. "Chitter chitter..." Oh yeah... the compies. I run like mad the other way, back up the valley, with compies and icthy pursuing hard. I make it to my cabin and slam the door, but what's this? All that running instantly dehydrated me, and my vision is going rapidly blurrier and blurrier. My health is dropping fast, and I need water NOW.

Slamming open the door I run to my cliff and swan dive off. Splash! Ahhhh, I take a delicious gulp, and am relieved to find that the compies can't follow, and the icthy decided to take a fish and leave. I begin to swim towards the nearby shore when... CHOMP! Ouch! Piranha out of nowhere! I frantically swim and am meters from shore when more piranha show up and...

I awaken on the beach... a beacon marks where my body fell. I sigh but lesson learned. I walk back to where my gear is sitting just a few feet from shore, and open my pack. CHOMP! The school of piranhas, fast as lightning, re-materialize and...

I awaken on the beach... beacons marking both my bodies, side by side. Angry, I go first to my old hut and grab my back-up gear. Armor, weapons, food. I head to the beach again and find both of my packs, just a few feet from shore. I carefully duck my head underwater and look around. Left? No piranha. Right? No piranha. I wade in... nothing. I dive down to my pack, and begin pulling out my gear. Nothing. I fully recover all missing equipment and turn to swim to shore... CHOMP! I flail my arms and...

I awaken on the beach... Cursing I begin gathering materials to build a spear before I go back again to the now three side-by-side beacons. SKREE! An ichty arrives and begins dive-bombing me where I stand, naked and defenseless, utterly incapable of responding, and nowhere near my home to hide. I run in to the trees and...

I awaken on the beach...
-Boss Llama

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Day one

Post by Flash » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:11 am

So, so true. That Cheese guy's videos make it look so much earlier than it is.

We tamed a Dodo yesterday which thrilled my kids though!

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: Day one

Post by M's » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:42 pm

Death is a friend of mine.