A forum dedicated to the open-world survival game ARK: Survival Evolved
<eVa>Verman
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Expanded Admins

Post by <eVa>Verman » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:40 pm

i would like to propose we add myself or KamikazeMadMax to the list of Admin for the Ark site.
I know this is a sparsely played game in TheVille network, but as long as it is available, I'd like to continue playing it.
As the moment, there is an issue with my logging into the game. I use the Epic Games launcher since I got the game thru them during their free period last summer. I also have a Steam account purchased version of the game, albeit as a different character, which I rarely use.
A past problem was the server not allowing non-Steam entries to the gamesite, and I suspect that may be at work here again.

Flash, I'd like to get my 2nd character into the ville tribe so I may use it as an alter ego if necessary.

I'm only asking because I fear I am about to lose another high level asset due to my inability to enter the game.

Thanks for your time.......Verman

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Expanded Admins

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:08 pm

I will look into the admin portion of this, Verman. I agree that it would be good to have another of our active Villun players with admin privileges on the server.

Just so I understand the request, is the admin suggestion related to the issue you're having with connecting, or is that just related to the need to get your other account integrated into the tribe?

Thanks, Verman!
-Boss Llama

Bort
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Post by Bort » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:00 pm

I know you admins have known V longer than I have (Kamikazee as well), but in my few months here they've been great role models to new players joining the server. I think if either of them could offer assistance with rebooting the server when our current admins are unavailable, that would be great.

KAMIKAZE MadMax
Villun
Villun
Minecraft name: Kamikazemadmax

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by KAMIKAZE MadMax » Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:07 pm

I would like to add my bit here as well. I agree with Verman in adding either him, I, or both of us as admin, just for ARK. We both have been on there for a while, when there are issues with other tribes, they come to us, or newbies that come into our server, we are usually one of the first people they meet, and give them friendly help, plus when there are issues with the server, it would be nice to troubleshoot it quickly because of the time sensitive stuff like hatching or feeding in a timely manner our dinos. I think adding his alter ego was more of a secondary objective. Just my thoughts.

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Fri Aug 06, 2021 1:20 pm

It seems like the crossplay (Epic) option gets messed up whenever we run an event. I think I made a change to the config that will keep it from breaking next time.

<eVa>Verman
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by <eVa>Verman » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:05 pm

Flash,
The game has been running well of late, until today. Seems like the Epic Launcher is having issues. I am unable to log into the game via Epic, but have no issues when using Steam. I have a trouble ticket via Epic to try to resolve the issue. I do not think TheVille or Steam is the issue.
A possible resolution to that would be to bring my Steam character into the tribe. It is also named <eVa>Verman, so a renaming is in order (Verman Jr).I will monitor the Ville site for when you are on to facilitate that item. I am currently sleeping on your 2nd floor outside porch next to my Argy, patiently awaiting my return, so it should be quick and easy.

Thanks.......pd
I will send you a private email regarding a gameplay issue that needs resolution.