Thanks for the fish

A forum dedicated to the open-world survival game 7 Days to Die
Devildocjames
Villun
Villun

Thanks for the fish

Post by Devildocjames » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:04 pm

I cant do a server that randomly wipes and resets. Been real tho... if you guys want to keep new players, randomly wiping the server is not going to do it.

Thanks.

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Thanks for the fish

Post by Stevo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:22 pm

There is nothing random about it. Player profiles kept getting corrupted, so we needed to reload everything to allow a large chunk of the players to play. This kind of thing is to be expected in alpha software. They recommend resetting after every update, so we switched to the stable branch to hopefully avoid forced resets from now on.

Sorry for the troubles this has caused to any of our players.

Devildocjames
Villun
Villun

Re: Thanks for the fish

Post by Devildocjames » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:44 pm

It's random when there is no notice about it.

I hopped on these servers because I didn't want to mess with the server I was renting. With the low-pop, it would have been relatively easy to backup player profiles and reinstate them on a wipe. The community was great, but, I'm a casual player. I don't have time to dedicate many hours all the time. When I don't know whether the server will go 900 or 500 days, it makes me not want to even invest time. Folks hop on here right after a reset and grind out 80, 90, 100+ levels within a week or two. I don't have that luxury and it really just blows when all progress is just squashed. It's like putting a puzzle together, to come home to relax, only to walk into the room where your project is supposed to be, to only find the puzzle box.

Thanks anywho guys.