Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Construction Planning

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:48 am

Howdy, all!

As most of you know, we've been planning a new above-ground base for a few days, and several of you have been doing all kinds of work helping gather and prepare materials for it! Thank you so much!

I've completed the plans and did the math for the material needs, which are significant.

Some rough totals:
Rebar Frames: We'll need 3584 frames. We've got close to half that already, and this shouldn't be a problem.
Iron Bars: We'll need 288 sets of bars. We've got more than 100, and while slow, this shouldn't be a problem either (just keep melting raw iron!)
Concrete Mix: We will need 39780. This is a very large number, and very time consuming. We have almost 15000 presently, but we need more small rocks! Each concrete mix consists of 4 small rocks, run through various processes and combined. This means we have an outstanding need for close to 100,000 small rocks! This is a lot more doable than it sounds (we gathered over 36,000 with just a couple of us mining intermittently for a couple days), but it's still a large number. If you find yourself with time to burn, and looking for a project, please grab a tool and start mining rock from a convenient location. I'll get a mineshaft started down in our bunker, from which we can freely gather. Just remember to leave roof supports so collapses don't occur!

Let's get this built!
-Boss Llama

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Construction Planning

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:55 pm

Update: We've got the rocks! Big thanks to Chef and Keyes who joined for a number of hours of mining to get what was needed.
-Boss Llama

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:00 am

The main body of the fortress is complete! I'm working on installing the crafting equipment, Keyes and Chef have been working on defenses, and we should be able to begin occupation.

On the third floor I've built 8 private rooms. Each has a sign over it. To claim a room, simply edit the sign to your name, lock and encode the door, and feel free to customize it to your hearts' desire with your own storage, bed, furniture, decoration, etc. We'll keep the basement bunker as a back-up location with full crafting capabilities, just in case. I've got potatoes and corn growing up on the roof, and will start moving other crops up there as well for full self-sufficiency purposes.
-Boss Llama

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:52 am

So an edit to the above - apparently because of the security features of signs, doors, and storage crates, the fact that I've placed them means only I'm able to edit the text and codes on them. Oops! Feel free to claim the rooms just the same - just break down the door/sign/box and replace with a new one of your own.

I've got the rooftop garden growing goldenrod, cotton, and chrysanthemum so we can make more paint in order to customize the room interiors properly. Check out Chef's and Keyes' rooms through the windows for inspiration.
-Boss Llama

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:23 pm

I found the base thanks to Stevo, looks like I can't place anything yet though. Stevo thinks we need to ally in the game first.

Let me know what tasks I can help with, I'll start tackling easy stuff like the rooftop garden, boiling water, etc.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:54 am

Hey Flash! I have the base protected with land claim blocks, to prevent strangers from messing things up or breaking in and stealing our stuff. I'll need to add you as an ally, like Stevo said, to get you access. I should be back available in game on Thursday this week (I'm traveling presently).

For now, explore and familiarize yourself with the basics of gameplay! It's loads of fun :-D
-Boss Llama

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:23 pm

It's even grabbed Daisy's attention and she is sitting next to me, kinda "playing together" as I'm exploring and trying to figure things out.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:38 am

Outstanding! Would be great if she wants to join as well :-D

I'm back from travel, so hit me up if you see me online, and I'll get you allied ASAP.
-Boss Llama