Parade Kid
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

7 Days to Die

Post by Parade Kid » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:24 pm

Anybody play on PC? My wife and I are looking to play with more people. Hit me up 8)

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Re: 7 Days to Die

Post by M's » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:37 am

Whats the game about... besides the name?

Parade Kid
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Parade Kid » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Sandbox zombie survival. So, imagine a mashup of Minecraft and Left 4 Dead:
*You can harvest resources: wood, stone, ores, gasoline, etc..
*You will fight off zombies daily... BUT every 7th day (evening, actually) brings a large, diverse, and very hostile horde to you. Most people call this "horde night." They will beat down walls, dig, crawl, and claw their way to you. You are the prey and will be vociferously hunted on this evening.
*You can build a mini bike! And run creatures over with it. Yes, they make squishy sounds.

The game has many other facets which I believe are better left to be discovered. I should note, however, that the game is still alpha. There are some performance issues for older rigs, but I imagine it will clean up nicely once they've optimized it.

Skippy's videos showcase many aspects of the game: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... NQZrObXK41
Steam store: http://store.steampowered.com/app/251570/
7 days to die page: http://7daystodie.com/news/

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by M's » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:37 am

Reminds me of "The Long Dark"
http://store.steampowered.com/app/305620/

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:46 pm

I've got about 350 hours in 7DTD, though I recently uninstalled it after not playing for a long time and not loving a couple of the changes. I've been trying my hand at Rust instead, which is basically the exact same game in a slightly more primitive state, with better land gen but more obnoxious players. 7DTD can be worth a play though, for sure.

@Mlite - 7DTD has some similarities to The Long Dark, but those are mostly limited to the scavenging and cooking aspects. Daily survival is not nearly as difficult as TLD (you will not freeze to death in minutes), and there is a large focus on base building and tool/weapon crafting. Also, replace wolves with hundreds of zombies.
-Boss Llama

Greebo
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Greebo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:15 am

I've gotten totally addicted to 7DTD. Was thinking about investigating getting a multiplayer server set up that we could control...

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:28 pm

The Rust community got on my nerves, and I reinstalled 7DTD a week or two ago to get back in action. Loving it again :-D
-Boss Llama

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:11 pm

Necro'ing this thread to let folks know who are currently part of the collective base on our present server - I added a set of Storage Crates in our basement shelter with names on them. These are for people to have a private stash box they can put some of their things that they don't necessarily want to be in the collective resource heap that we maintain in the chests. Combos are currently set to the same default number we use on the doors and chests - please feel free to claim your box and change the code to whatever personal combo you'd like it to be.

Also, I'm working on getting a water source set up in the basement for us. It's not working fully yet, but Cari found some info that should allow it to be turned in to a permanent source if used right. I'll post a sign by it when it's up and working.
-Boss Llama