Heartbreaking news about our friend Stevo

This is the place to discuss our friends who have been taken away from us.
Private Belgarion
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Heartbreaking news about our friend Stevo

Post by Private Belgarion » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:55 am

I know It has been a long time since I've been around but I still remember the laughs we would have in DOD and DOD2, also in TF1 and 2 most of them centering around Stevo. Rest In Peace Stevo.

Duke, that was a wonderful song you selected for him.
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do.Strategy is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do.
[img]http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t51/l3eeon/eva_pvtbelgarion.jpg[/img] [img]http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk247/StevoTVR/TVC09/belgarion.jpg[/img]

Gearloose
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Gearloose » Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:14 am

Flash wrote:
Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:33 pm
For those who had the privilege to game with Stevo over the years, what is your favorite memory? Let's take this opportunity to remember the good times and what Stevo meant to us all.
OMG, I'm so sad to hear he's gone. He was always a calming influence on the TF2 servers and fun to chat with in-game. I've been away from the Ville for a few years, but I missed his distinctive voice and was glad to find him occasionally streaming on Twitch recently. Now I wish I had at least said hi to him there instead of lurking.

Pillar of the community.

Calculon000
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Calculon000 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:58 am

I just chatted to him a couple weeks ago while he was stream Alien Isolaton. I'm really surprised by this, he seemed like he was doing ok health-wise.

Rest In Peace Stevo. :(

xXBatmanXx
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by xXBatmanXx » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:35 am

Wow. This truly breaks my heart and chips at my soul.

I have been a villun a long time, some of you I know very well and some are new names as I have dropped off of the gaming scene over the years. My greatest memories of Stevo was he was always there to chill, listen, and chat. I have gone through my own trials and tribulations over the years, and as much as we chatted, I wasn't aware of his even as an elder of 10 years. I feel shame for that.

He is a greater soul than I. We are fortunate to have had him and I am a better person for having crossed his path.

RIP brother.
Reality...never touch the stuff myself....gets in the way of all of the hallucinations!

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:22 pm

Several Villuns have asked about the best place to send donations in Stevo's memory. Stevo had been working with Able Gamers, hosting a stream on their feed just a week before his passing.

Gizanked has spoken with Stevo's mother who agreed Able Gamers would be a worthy cause that we know Stevo supported. If you are so inclined please visit the Able Gamers Donation page and contribute in his memory.

If you choose to do so please expand the options at the bottom of the donation form:

Honor or remember someone with your gift?
Memorial

Whom do you want to recognize?
Steve "StevoTVR" Guidetti

Stevo was also working to raise $200 for Black Girls Code during the month of February and has almost reached that goal as well.

M's
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by M's » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:05 pm

Flash wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:22 pm
Several Villuns have asked about the best place to send donations in Stevo's memory. Stevo had been working with Able Gamers, hosting a stream on their feed just a week before his passing.

Gizanked has spoken with Stevo's mother who agreed Able Gamers would be a worthy cause that we know Stevo supported. If you are so inclined please visit the Able Gamers Donation page and contribute in his memory.

If you choose to do so please expand the options at the bottom of the donation form:

Memorial

Stevo was also working to raise $200 for Black Girls Code during the month of February and has almost reached that goal as well.

Goes to show how good a person he was inside and out.

spm97
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by spm97 » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:31 pm

Flash wrote:
Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:22 pm

Memorial

The $200 goal has been reached, but there is no cap. So keep donating in his honor.
[img]https://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a114/Artican_M/spammers.gif[/img]

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:36 pm

Terribly saddened by this news. As others have said, Stevo was the heart and soul of TheVille for as long as I've been around. Rest in peace, friend.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:53 pm

I made a quick tribute to Stevo in Source Filmmaker last night. The Ville won't be the same without you...

Inner
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Inner » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:00 pm

I'm in shock and will have to process this some more. Many are Villuns, but Stevo was the rock. Rest in Peace sir.

Quandary
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Quandary » Thu Feb 11, 2021 6:47 pm

I'm speechless. I cannot form words.

I have such a hard time imagining TheVille without Stevo.

He always seemed to be around, doing all sorts of stuff in the background to Make Things Work. I guess it's too late now to thank him for it.

DrunkenTrom
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by DrunkenTrom » Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:10 pm

Stevo was one of the first people I met while playing on the Ville TF2 servers with my brother Lt.Tango after he talked me into building a PC so I could play games with him after I had moved away from home to the East coast. This was shortly after TF2 had been released as part of the Orange Box. Stevo immediately became one of my favorite people to play with due to his light hearted nature, hilarious understated sense of humor, and just the way he made everything so much more fun! I'll always remember melee mania and the countless custom map nights fondly as some of the best gaming experiences of my life, and mostly due to Stevo's antics. Although the Ville is filled with great people, Stevo always stood out as one of the most fun and all around just a great human being. He will be missed by many as he's touched most everyone that had the pleasure to meet him. RIP Stevo.

FUSE
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by FUSE » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:53 pm

I didn't know Stevo well but this community was a big part of my life for a time and Stevo was one of the many people I always looked forward to playing with in my days as a regular. I'm so very sorry to hear of his passing. He was clearly a great man from reading so many wonderful posts and I'm honored to have made a donation to AbleGamers in his name.

MISTER FUSSY -V$-

''But we can perhaps remember...that those who live with us are our brothers; that they share with us the same short moment of life.'' -RFK

Supreveio
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Minecraft name: Supreveio
Blizzard tag: Supreveio#1728

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Supreveio » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:58 pm

He was a chill guy, and helped me come up with the username I go by today. A major player and community pillar of TheVille, and a charitable man outside of TheVille.

Never forget the deadpan "what".
"So what have you been up to, man? Haven't seen you in so long!"
"Ah, you know how it is. Doin' a lot of side projects, some consulting, maybe a little freelance... Those are words that people say when they haven't actually been doing anything, right?"

Checkm8
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Checkm8 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:37 pm

I enjoyed the years of gaming, talking programming and enjoying his streams. He had a great personality for all the troubles this world brought him. I hope we all can carry his enthusiasm for life. He will be forever missed.