Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Taking on all three mechanical bosses at once

Post by Will T. » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:35 pm

Today I decided to throw caution to the wind and go for the achievement for beating all three mechanical bosses at once. And I won!

Here are screencaps from the epic showdown (linked due to large images):

IT BEGINS.

The Twins fell first.

The Destroyer was next to go.

Finally, Skeletron Prime was no more. (And before midnight too!)

The loot, plus a view of the gear that I was using.

The very idea of this battle seemed ludicrous at first, but I figured out a way to gear up such that I was never down more than 50-60 health. The key things are to raise your defense to at least the mid 70s (Frost Armor + defensive equipment + Ironskin, Endurance, and Regeneration Potions made up my build); have a big arena for maneuverability (dodging isn't easy in this fight even in a huge arena, but it's still important); use the Cross Necklace or Star Veil (they'll ensure you take roughly half as much damage since they double your mercy invincibility time, and you WILL be taking lots of contact damage in this fight); and use the Vampire Knives if you have them (they're one of the most OP weapons in the game, but not in a way that makes them feel cheap IMO). Without the Star Veil or the Vampire Knives, I would have been toast. With them, this fight was insanely fun. 10/10, would recommend to those who prepare well for it.

Although it didn't really contribute to the boss fight, I did this on the night of a Blood Moon and a full moon, and it was immediately followed by a random solar eclipse. It certainly added to the drama, if nothing else!

BlackHawk_989
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Taking on all three mechanical bosses at once

Post by BlackHawk_989 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:54 pm

I myself have done it, vampire knives were the beast of my loadout
Did it first try too :D

The next time I tried was with full solar armor, and a godly solar eruption.
Absolutely destroyed

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:47 am

The probes from Destroyer annoy me most of all. They clutter up the screen and make it hard to see my cursor amongst all the lasers and falling stars and nyancats and debris. A fun fight though, absolutely.
-Boss Llama

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:23 am

I did it a while ago with the Solar Eruption. That weapon is godly (well, mine is Demonic, but the point remains). Also helps that I did it with the UFO mount which makes chasing after Skeletron and the Twins much easier while allowing me to evade the Destroyer in the process.

I recently spawned Destroyer with the Lunar Flare equipped just to see how quickly I could kill it. Was not disappointed, went down in about ten seconds with something like 13,000 DPS. In Expert.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:30 am

Boss Llama wrote:The probes from Destroyer annoy me most of all. They clutter up the screen and make it hard to see my cursor amongst all the lasers and falling stars and nyancats and debris. A fun fight though, absolutely.
You can add an outline to your cursor which helps keep track of it amidst the chaos.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comme ... ed_in_the/