The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Terraria Discussion

Post by The Domer » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:01 am

Knocking the jungle wall off with a hammer helps a lot with Plantera as well, as she can use it to move around. Knock it down and her movement is even further limited.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:57 am

Don't know how long it took me, but I've finally gotten The Axe to drop from Plantera. So much win. And on my first kill during Expert too.

Man Expert's been kind to me. Rod of Discord, The Axe, incredible Yo-yos. Hell, my first run at Pumpkin moon I got 7 Pumpking Trophies and I didn't even reach wave 15.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:26 am

I decided to finally pursue the last three items I needed for the Ankh Shield tonight. I managed to get two of them within an hour, but the Blindfold is proving excruciating. Three and a half hours in the Crimson Desert and nearly 500 Dark Mummies later, I'm starting to think they might no longer drop it as of 1.3. I want my evening back. :/

On the plus side, I got the Crimson Key (1/2500 drop chance, compared to the Blindfold's alleged 1/100 chance) while fruitlessly farming mummies, so now I have the Vampire Knives again. I also got quite a few max-modifier items as random drops today, including a Godly Eye of Cthulhu yo-yo, a Godly Rocket Launcher, and a Legendary Keybrand. I just want the stupid Blindfold though!

EDIT: I just checked the odds on some of the other drops I've gotten today, and apparently I somehow managed to get close to a dozen items which are all <5% drops without even trying. I may not have what I'm actually looking for, but at least I had a lot of looting luck otherwise!

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:51 am

I'm right with you Will - Blindfold and Armor Polish are all I need. Armor Polish I haven't farmed enough, but Blindfold my kills are astronomical and haven't seen hide nor hair. Got corruption key and numerous other "Rarer" items without problem. I strongly suspect the drop rate is programmed (intentionally or in error) to be more like 1/1000 than 1/100, but who knows? I've picked up like 4 Bezoar and 5 Vitamins off far fewer kills without ever even trying to get them.
-Boss Llama

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:55 am

And here I found at least four of them while I was dinking around looking for other junk.

Maybe I shouldn't have sold them for you guys.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:43 pm

It took 522 Dark Mummies (but who's counting, right?! ... Okay, I had a Tally Counter/R.E.K. 3000), but I FINALLY got a Blindfold to drop. The Ankh Shield is mine! :D I don't think I've ever actually managed to craft it before - if I have, it was lost with one of my older corrupted world files.

My next goal is the Cell Phone, for which I only need the Fisherman's Pocket Guide (random Angler quest reward) and the Metal Detector (50% drop from a Nymph, which is apparently the rarest enemy in all of Terraria ... this will be "fun").

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:01 pm

*leave terraria for a while while your still in shadow armor*

*come back everyone is working on rare hard mode drops*

O.o

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:02 pm

Moon Lord down for the first time on server (that I'm aware of anyway) today.

I've now racked up 2000+ kills on appropriate targets for blindfold, without a drop. It's the last piece remaining! Grrr.
-Boss Llama

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:17 pm

I just got the achievement pop-up for killing a Nymph without even being aware one was nearby. It turned out my Deadly Sphere minion had killed one just off-screen. I guess the sphere knew better where to look for Nymphs than I did! It dropped a Metal Detector too, so thankfully I don't have to look for a second one. Now all I need for a Cell Phone is the Fisherman's Pocket Guide. C'mon, Angler, hand it over!

I also got the Rod of Discord (yay free short-range teleportation!), the Frozen Key (the Staff of the Frost Hydra is a great tool, especially for fishing in high-enemy-spawn areas), and the Jungle Key, which dropped from the Eye of Cthulhu of all opponents when I summoned him in the Underground Jungle for a larf. He lasted about ten seconds. :P

EDIT: Looks like you can get more Biome Keys even after opening (and stealing) their respective Biome Chest - I just got a second Frozen Key, even though I've already looted the chest. I guess I'll save it for a later world!

Stevo
Everlasting Villun
Everlasting Villun
Minecraft name: StevoTVR
Uplay name: StevoTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Stevo » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:17 pm

We now have an official forum. Thanks, stutter! :)

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:09 pm

Thanks Stutter and Stevo!
-Boss Llama

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:50 pm

I found the Terrarian today. I think it might be a little OP. I decided to spawn the Pumpkin Moon on my Expert world. With Terrarian in hand and a full set of Solar armor, I managed to solo to wave 15, survive the entire night, and walk away with 62 Pumpking trophies. I literally had two full chests of drops afterwards. It was madness. Made about 20 platinum off the whole thing.

Didn't work as well for Frost Moon. I was able to solo to wave 16, but I still died once and only got about half an inventory's worth of drops from that.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:02 pm

As a heads-up to folks hopping on the newly updated 1.3.0.7 server, it's working, but it seems they've tossed Wormhole Potions behind a permissions wall. I have no idea which one, or why they did that, but I've inquired so I can get that fixed as soon as possible. Fixed!

Also, the Celestial Sigil is still not working (despite what I thought it said in 1.3.0.6 about that being corrected)
-Boss Llama

Ixtab
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Ixtab » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:08 pm

I managed beat moon face (finally!) on my single player world (not expert though), and I found that the celestial sigil did work for me, but I kind of had to keep running away from spawn/town and repeatedly use it until it worked. I dont know if you have to be a certain distance away from spawn or from npcs or something, or maybe it just doesnt work every time you try.

Also, on that note, I now have a couple of meowmeres and terrarians if anyone wants one.... would especially like to trade for some of his other drops - I dont have the prism thing, or the magic staff deally.

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:08 pm

Ixtab wrote: Also, on that note, I now have a couple of meowmeres and terrarians if anyone wants one.... would especially like to trade for some of his other drops - I dont have the prism thing, or the magic staff deally.
Ixtab! My friend! Have I told you how handsome you are lately? Also, on a completely unrelated note, I would love a meowmere :lol: