Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Terraria Discussion

Post by Will T. » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:05 am

I'd love to get a hold of those if I can! I haven't beaten the Moon Lord yet (had my first try today, but I only got him to ~50% before dying), so I haven't got any of his other drops to trade. (I do still have that Magic Quiver for you though!)

Flash
Site Admin
Site Admin
Minecraft name: FlashTVR

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by Flash » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:55 am

Looks like they just launched the Mac beta. Guess I might have to look into picking this up finally!

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:42 am

After several failed attempts and a data loss scare, I finally managed to take down the Moon Lord! (And with only pre-Moon Lord gear too - Ixtab generously provided me with some postgame gear today, but I ended up only using stuff I collected myself for the fight.)

Next up is Duke Fishron, who moves so impossibly fast that my two attempts so far both ended within 20 seconds. Does anyone have any gear recommendations for his fight? I'm planning to use the same gear I used against the Moon Lord (Daybreak >>>>>> Solar Eruption when it comes to melee weaponry), but I'd like some recommendations of weps and gear for a primarily melee-oriented player.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:07 am

If you have a weapon that auto-targets, like a possessed hatchet or scourge of the corruptor, that can help immensely. Even with meowmere and solar wrath, Fishron is tough due to the difficulty hitting him. Using an auto-targetting weapon handles aim, and lets you focus on moving around to avoid him and his sharknados.
-Boss Llama

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:07 am

Duke Fishron is tough. Even with OP gear it still took a few tries to take him out in Expert.

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:18 pm

The Possessed Hatchet did the trick! I got super-lucky and scored a Godly one off the Golem today, and combined with some different equipment choices from my last few attempts, I was finally able to take him down. I've now beaten every boss Terraria has to offer! :)

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:56 pm

Huzzah! Yeah, I still carry my Godly Possessed Hatchet in a hot slot and use it when targeting is a pain. It's also great for those crawlerpedes that spawn around the Solar Pillar, since it homes in on that tail beacon instantly.
-Boss Llama

The Domer
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by The Domer » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:14 pm

Will T. wrote:The Possessed Hatchet did the trick! I got super-lucky and scored a Godly one off the Golem today, and combined with some different equipment choices from my last few attempts, I was finally able to take him down. I've now beaten every boss Terraria has to offer! :)
Even the frost moon?

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:45 pm

The Domer wrote:
Will T. wrote:The Possessed Hatchet did the trick! I got super-lucky and scored a Godly one off the Golem today, and combined with some different equipment choices from my last few attempts, I was finally able to take him down. I've now beaten every boss Terraria has to offer! :)
Even the frost moon?
I haven't managed to hit wave 15 yet (my personal best is ~2/3 of the way through wave 14 before sunrise), but I've killed my fair share of Everscreams, Santanks, and Ice Queens. Duke Fishron was the last one I needed for the all bosses achievement.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:03 pm

So I built the Drill Containment Unit tonight. For anyone who doesn't know it takes a ton of metal to craft it: 40 Luminite, 40 Chlorophyte, 40 Shroomite, 40 Spectral, 40 Hellstone, and 40 Meteorite bars. For all that it's worth though this machine is a devastating terraforming vehicle. To test it out I found a meteorite impact that I had neglected. Using the DCU I cleared the whole thing out and much of the surrounding stone in less than a minute with only about three or four Meteor Head spawns. It's ridiculous how fast this sucker can destroy every block in it's path and it spreads itself out so you get a neat 4-block wide hole if you just tunnel straight down. Be very careful about using it near your own structures since it'll make short work of them.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.