Was there ever a terraria theville server?

A forum dedicated to Terraria
Checkm8
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Was there ever a terraria theville server?

Post by Checkm8 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:57 pm

Stevo wrote:let us know when you connect PV
Stevo wrote:did you connect yet?
Looks like he is PV'n it! :dance:

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sun Jul 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Stevo wrote:let us know when you connect PV
Stevo wrote:did you connect yet?
:lol:

xXBatmanXx
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by xXBatmanXx » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:37 pm

Skeleton stealing my gel drops!
Reality...never touch the stuff myself....gets in the way of all of the hallucinations!

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:38 am

i made it in...
Thanks Sparky

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:51 am

For those of you who are yet to get too far into Expert, here's a quick rundown of things I've noticed.

-Monsters in general have more health, at least twice as much as normal in the case of average slimes and zombies. Debuffs inflicted by attacks from enemies also seem to last longer while some player debuffs (such as 'on fire') are less effective. Lava appears to be less effective against monsters as well, with my lava traps only dealing ~46 per tic on things caught in them.
-When Hard mode is activated, many common pre-Hard enemies will receive major health boosts. I'm running into Green Slimes with over 200hp on the surface! Many Hard mode enemies have also had major health boosts; Clowns during Blood Moons for instance have 800hp as opposed to their 400ish before while many Underground Hallow creatures have ~400-700hp.
-World generation appears to have produced fewer Life Crystals and gold chests underground, meaning you'll have to look harder to get the good stuff. The amount of wooden chests on the surface appears unchanged, as do the frequency of ice chests or ivy chests in the tundra and jungle respectively.
-Hard mode will kick your ass in expert, more so than it already does on normal. Beating up many enemies becomes a chore because they have so many HP. Pixies have 500hp for instance and they don't spawn any less frequently.

Bosses
-In general, bosses move and attack faster.
-Possibly exclusive to Expert, but bosses drop their loot in a single bag that you have to right click to open instead of just leaving everything in a pile. The only items that will be piled on the corpse are heart drops. These bags will contain their usual drops as well, for instance there's a good amount of Demonite/Crimatine in the Eye's treasure bag.

As of now, I've only fought the pre-hard bosses minus the Brain, so here's what I've observed to date.

King Slime
-I don't know how many more HP he has than before, I hardly ever fought him prior to this.
-He spawns at night during the Slime Rain event, even close to your village, so be careful.
-He can teleport by shrinking down to nothing and inflating elsewhere nearby, including on top of you.
-Expert Drop: Royal Gel, equipping this accessory prevents you from taking any damage from Slime enemies, as if they were rabbits or goldfish. You can still attack them and combat pets will engage them.

Eye of Cthulu
-3800hp for a single player as opposed to 2400?
-Deploys its Servants more frequently and attacks in shorter intervals
-During the second phase, the eye wastes less time between charges.
-As the Eye's health drops it starts using a much faster version of it's charge attack with a higher pitched boss scream. It will first start doing these after regular charges but as the health continues to drop he will start just using this fast charge over and over.
-Around ~100hp remaining, he gains a massive defense boost and begins performing fast charges with no stopping between each and being much more focuses on ramming you instead of near misses even if you're at Hermes Boots speeds. Be prepared to soak up a large amount of damage.
-Expert Drop: Shield of Cthulu, a shield accessory that provides 2 defense and allows you to perform a double tap dash (like the Ninja Gear) that also doubles as a melee attack if you run into anything; you take no damage from contact with monsters if you ram them. Base damage appears to be 31.

Eater of Worlds
-Each segment appears to have ~270hp for a single player
-Appears to have a much tighter turn radius; I highly recommend spawning him on the surface when you actually go to fight him.
-Similar to the Destroyer, each segment can now shoot at you while still connected to another segment. These projectiles, Vile Spit, do a moderate amount of damage but can be swatted out of the air like Imp Fireballs or Dark Caster Shadowbolts.
-Unlike other bosses who drop everything in a sack, the segments will still normally drop Demonite and Shadow Scales. The bag at the end has a moderate amount in it as well.
-Expert Drop: Worm Scarf, an accessory that reduces all damage you take by 17%. I do not know if it stacks if you equip more than one.

Queen Bee
-Didn't catch her new HP total
-Similar to the Eye, she speeds up dramatically as her health goes down. This applies to her tackle and her ability to fire bees and stingers. At very low health she tends to spam tackles.
-Rooting yourself in honey is still a valid tactic for most of the fight, but when she starts getting really fast try evade the tackles as those can outdamage the health regen provided by honey, food, a Regeneration Potion and a campfire.
-Expert Drop: Hive Pack, an accessory that buffs any nearby friendly bees. Bees can be produced by a number of things including the Honeycomb Necklace, Beenades, The Bees Knees bow, the Beekeeper Sword, etc. When buffed, the bees get larger and do a bit more damage. The larger bees can possibly hit twice. Hornets summed by the Hornet Staff are not affected.

Skeletron
-The head has about 8000hp, each hand has 2500hp. This is up from 4400 head/1500(?) hands.
-It moves faster while performing it's spinning head attack
-As the head loses health, it starts firing a projectile that spirals outward in your general direction. Unlike the Eater, these ones cannot be swatted down.
-The hitstun against you from the head appears to be shortened. If you get caught in the spinning be prepared to get hurt.
-Expert Drop: Bone Glove, a weapon that allows you to throw bones collected in the Dungeon with greater power. Bones thrown by this glove go further, deal more damage, and have a 33% chance to not be consumed. They also bounce around a bit allowing for trick shots and I think they penetrate enemies, but I haven't really field tested it.

Wall of Flesh
-About 12000hp instead of 8000.
-Doesn't appear that he's changed much except he goes faster much sooner. With the HP increase I recommend you make a longer bridge. Using Bee equipment I still needed at least a 2000 block long bridge.
-At really low health the Wall can outspeed Hermes Boots with Swiftness Potion
-If you kill all of the Hungry, he can respawn them all at once.
-The laser attack speeds up dramatically at lower health values, almost to Twins level laser fire rates.
-Expert Drop: Demon Heart, a consumable that grants a permanent sixth accessory slot. How cool is that? The accessory slot cannot be accessed outside of an Expert world however and cannot be used more than once.
Last edited by Zork Nemesis on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:37 am, edited 4 times in total.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:19 am

For folks on the Ville server, we've got a house/shelter set up at spawn. Storage is in the basement - try to get things in the appropriately labeled chests (or label an unlabeled one if there is sufficient themed stuff to need it). Feel free to expand the house as needed to accommodate NPCs and equipment. Do double-check that we're not putting up multiple of a given thing if not needed - we already found multiples on a couple items that were taking up space! When expanding, try to remember to put in jump ledges and such for folks who can't fly, double-jump, or otherwise move beyond the default means.
-Boss Llama

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:39 am

So out of curiosity do we want to create an artificial Crimson biome on the server? Currently we have only purple Corruption but I can see if I can get some crimson seeds and crimson blocks to create an artificial crimson biome that we can summon the Brian of Cthulu.

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:36 am

i found a goblin under ground so i bought a pair of rocket boots, found a pair of hermes boots and found a few other things including some gold,silver and crimtane ore i put it all in the designated chests...
Thanks Sparky

xXBatmanXx
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by xXBatmanXx » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:07 am

nm my nm. I time out......

//del nm, I got it.....

/del Says "Retrieving Server Information" but never connects.....anyone else?
Reality...never touch the stuff myself....gets in the way of all of the hallucinations!

xXBatmanXx
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by xXBatmanXx » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:23 am

Boss Llama wrote:For folks on the Ville server, we've got a house/shelter set up at spawn. Storage is in the basement - try to get things in the appropriately labeled chests (or label an unlabeled one if there is sufficient themed stuff to need it). Feel free to expand the house as needed to accommodate NPCs and equipment. Do double-check that we're not putting up multiple of a given thing if not needed - we already found multiples on a couple items that were taking up space! When expanding, try to remember to put in jump ledges and such for folks who can't fly, double-jump, or otherwise move beyond the default means.
Does anyone care what direction the house is built?
Up or out? - It is already way to small.

Also, the chest organization will need immediate attention. It will fill very very quickly past 1 chest for each item.
Coin and ore alone will fill 3+ chests.
I usually organize chests in levels, so all one level is a chest type.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:16 pm

The house is very close to the spawn area, which is protected, so best to expand either up or to the west. We could probably use some of both - up to house more NPCs, out to facilitate easy access to some of the crafting equipment without needing to climb all over.

I have to trust the more experienced players to organize the storage system; I'm a total noob here, who just happened to be one of the first people in. If you want to take charge of that Batman, please do! So long as things are labeled, we can work with it. There is a piggy bank up on the 2nd floor for the coins.
-Boss Llama

Perfect Villain
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Perfect Villain » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:08 pm

we need to hire a team of villuns to do this for dirt cheap =D and by dirt i mean dirt blocks
Thanks Sparky

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:50 pm

Guardian wrote:So out of curiosity do we want to create an artificial Crimson biome on the server? Currently we have only purple Corruption but I can see if I can get some crimson seeds and crimson blocks to create an artificial crimson biome that we can summon the Brian of Cthulu.
I have access to a Crimson Clentaminator on an alternate character if we really want to create an artificial Crimson biome. Much quicker to just do that.

And it's done. Seriously forgot how powerful the Clentaminator is. This crimson biome is set up a short distance east of the Dungeon. It's completely surrounded by Living Wood so we shouldn't have to worry about it spreading too far once Hard mode goes into effect.
Last edited by Zork Nemesis on Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.

metacide
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by metacide » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:11 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:
Guardian wrote:So out of curiosity do we want to create an artificial Crimson biome on the server? Currently we have only purple Corruption but I can see if I can get some crimson seeds and crimson blocks to create an artificial crimson biome that we can summon the Brian of Cthulu.
I have access to a Crimson Clentaminator on an alternate character if we really want to create an artificial Crimson biome. Much quicker to just do that.
Make it so!

Also, for those of you who missed it, Llama found a super cheap and easy way to kill bosses (provided you have already killed the King Slime) by simply jumping on their head with the mount. He single-handedly killed the Eye of Cthulhu and together we were able to kill the Eater of Worlds in about 20 seconds while underground.

Also, not sure if anyone has reported this bug yet so here it is: Create an inescapable room.
1. Create a room like you would set up for an NPC
2. Put wood platforms on the outside wall of the room
3. Use a hammer to change the platform into stairs
4. Walk through wall and into room
5. Can't go back out

We set this up accidentally on Llama's local server and caught a lot of birds with it.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:45 am

So the Demon Heart, the Expert treasure from Wall of Flesh that adds an extra accessory slot. It turns out you cannot access this sixth accessory slot in a world that isn't Expert difficulty. If you try to use it in a non-Expert world it won't let you and if you already have a sixth slot the items in it are disabled. Removing the items from the sixth slot will cause the slot to disappear from your screen until you log into an Expert world.