FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
prodod
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
preacherman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Source definitely takes time to get used to after playing the old version for years. If you don't like Source, it doesn't mean it is a bad game. It is a different game and shouldn't be compared to 1.3. Prodod seems like a good alternative for players who find Source too challenging.

I'd rather just play both games, no one has to commit to just one game.

Although I suck at both - after playing source I suck a little less in dod - so it is nice to switch over now and again

Said it before and will say it again - source more enjoyable, and now that the voice comm seems to have improved (if players turn their mics up a little) all seems good

Thank U again StrontiumDog for Sig
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

preacherman wrote:
and now that the voice comm seems to have improved (if players turn their mics up a little) all seems good

Yeah I wonder when Source will support better voice codecs like HL1 mods do. That would be nice. Or maybe it already does.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Yeah I wonder when Source will support better voice codecs like HL1 mods do. That would be nice. Or maybe it already does.

Nope...doesn't.
We'll just have to wait for the next update...

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Bleeding Tomato
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s.Squirrel wrote:
I’ve come to respect DoD source it’s an excellent game that gets better with every update.
Everything has been seen or done in 1.3 over and over.
After playing source for a couple of weeks my KD ratio is the same in both games.

Mister X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

junkyard wrote:
Why I will not try prodod.
1. The people developing it are complete a$$h*les they come into the DOD:s forums, and start s&^t nonstop.

2. The prodod development teams openly talk about using hax, and exploits like it is no big thing.

3. Source is coming around to being a great fps the last update fixed a lot of the bugs, and the hit reg that everyone was complaining about. I will say it again just in case you didn't retain it THE HIT REG IS FIXED THE GARAND IS FIXED SOURCE OWNS NOW.

4. prodod is basicly a mod of source that just makes the rifles own everybody, and everything. This is why CAL did not pick it up you couldn't have a match with class limits because the three rifles on your team owned everybody, and all the other classes just got stomped.

5. Point and click one shot kills does not equate to skill for me, because if that was the case anyone that can click on a desktop icon has skill in this game.

On a side note 1.3 will eventually go the way of TFC it will slowly fade, and already is. A year ago 1.3 averaged 2,000 servers now it is down to 1,600 it will fade away. Source is hitting over 6,000 players daily which is a thousand more than 1.3 hits. Not to bash 1.3 , but all the source bashing that has happened by 1.3 players in the last year needs to stop, because it is no longer the bug filled game it used to be.

1. The two main developers of dod pro mod are great people. I've known one of them (Gloin) for quite a long time and have talked to him quite a bit on ventrilo. The actual development team are not what you say. I know there are plenty of jerks who support pro mode and do say very dumb things on the dod forums. There are plenty of 1.3 and source players who are just as much jerks as they are. I don't know how you can base a game based on a few individuals who enjoy it.

2. They talk about cheating, because cheating is a problem in competitive play. People are banned all the time for cheating. Anti-cheat admins for these leagues use the same cheats that the cheaters use so they can better tell if they are cheating. I know that the creators of this mod are looking at ways to stop cheaters better than the current VAC system.

3,4,5. They basically have changed cone of fire for ALL weapons. They have made every gun more accurate to feel more like 1.3. Every gun is not one shot kill. They equate "skill" as being able to aim a gun at someones chest and being able to hit the chest the majority of the time. In source, if you aim at the chest you get a less of a chance of hitting it with any gun. When you can hit at what you aim at the majority of the time it means the person who can aim and fire first will almost always kill the person. It takes out some of the randomness in the game.

Maybe public DoD will go the way of TFC, but not for awhile. Competitive DoD is still strong and just got CEVO, which is a huge thing. I don't know why you compared the number of servers for one game and the players for another. That shows nothing. It also depends on what time you look at the numbers. Europeans still play public dod a lot more than in NA.
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the fact that I can hit the same desk top icon consistently with my mouse equates to prodod skill? Like I said point, and click does not equate to skill, or make a game better. For me knowing how to position, and flank, and draw the other side out of postion = skill.

THe hAXis of evil
Mister X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

junkyard wrote:
So the fact that I can hit the same desk top icon consistently with my mouse equates to prodod skill? Like I said point, and click does not equate to skill, or make a game better. For me knowing how to position, and flank, and draw the other side out of postion = skill.

Source doesn't make positioining, flanking or drawing the other side out of position any better than 1.3.

Being able to aim at someone is much harder than hitting a desktop icon. Does your desktop items move around in random directions or hide in a dark corner proned? When you click on your icon in the upper left hand corner, does it not register that click 70% of the time? I'm guessing no.
Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister X wrote:
Source doesn't make positioining, flanking or drawing the other side out of position any better than 1.3.

I dissagree. I feel that source gives you a much greater opportunity to move and flank.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
junkyard
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister X wrote:

...does it not register that click 70% of the time? I'm guessing no....

You obviously don't play, because hit reg is fixed since this last big update, and now we are in process of a prodod advocate starting another flame war, because they can't take any other opinion besides there own on source. There is a need among them to bash source at every chance they get just like I stated in an earlier post in this thread. So let the flame war begin this is my last post in this thread we all eagerly await your next shot on source.

THe hAXis of evil
Mister X

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I didn't make myself clear enough. It is the cone of fire that would make you to miss the shots, not the shot registration. The shot registration in source is better than 1.3 (and always will be better because they won't fix 1.3).

There are many other things I don't like about Source besides the cone of fire accuracy. They have fixed the game and it is better than it was after its initial release. Its just not as fun as 1.3 is. There are a few features that aggrevate me, such as the grenade stun effect, especially when you are not in the same room as the grenade. There is no sprint strafing. Sprint jumping is impossible. Having to use ironsights with rifles is extremely disappointing. Getting stuck on a random chair in the middle of a room or other rubble is terrible.

In general I am sad at the direction the devs took source. they always claim that they don't want a completely realistic game, yet the majority of the annoying features they put in are only for realistic purposes.

There are plenty of things in 1.3 I don't like, but it takes a lot longer for me to get upset at it than it does for source.

I never said I was a prodod advocate, i was just saying at the things they wanted to change. I want source to be good, but i don't think we have to wait for the development team to make the changes.

I am not trying to flame you, i am just stating my opinions as best i can.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricen wrote:
Mister X wrote:

I dissagree. I feel that source gives you a much greater opportunity to move and flank.

Yeah, I agree with Ricen. There's less chance of you getting killed in one hit while trying to rush. There seems to be much more fighting in Source due to less accuracy and less kill shots.

I don't see a flame war starting. There's simply differences of opinions here. There's no reason to take each other's arguments personally.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mister X

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Ricen wrote:
Mister X wrote:

Yeah, I agree with Ricen. There's less chance of you getting killed in one hit while trying to rush. There seems to be much more fighting in Source due to less accuracy and less kill shots.

I don't see a flame war starting. There's simply differences of opinions here. There's no reason to take each other's arguments personally.

Thanks Stevo.

In a large public server (more than 12), it is easier to flank in source. I was looking at the games at a competitive stand point (6 on 6 with good communication). I've also played this game too much so I'm used to being able to flank most positions by myself. Its all in how you view the game, and here I am in the minority in how I view it. That's what is great about these games, there are many ways to play it and have fun.
Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister X wrote:
That's what is great about these games, there are many ways to play it and have fun.

The best way is with your fellow villians!!!!

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
all-star

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can anyone confirm for me really quick who has play prodod

when you are hit by a grenade, you still slow down right, but you don't get the stupid blindness/disorientation as much as in source right

plz someone be quick
shuya

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://exe.gotfrag.com/portal/story/33520/
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: