FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rant

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtesMagae

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Rant Reply with quote

I just got booted from a server, which will remain nameless, because after a many many minutes of a very sound thrashing of one team over another, I started thinking...

"Why? Why is this happening?"

And then as soon as I stepped from my spawn, an MG cut me down from BEHIND our final flag. This positioning was superb and the angle of the flag to the spawn was rediculous. I realized this could only be possible on a custom map.

I wonder if I am the only one frustrated by custom maps. I am not saying to never play on them or that some can't be good, but that the majority are either uneven or just very uncreative.

Well, sorry for the rant but aside from that I really am curious if I am alone in my dislike of customs.

P.S. Sorry to you developers! Prove me wrong!
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen brother

eternalVillealliance
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i do find on a lot of customs that the spawns are poorly located and/or there are too many spawn exits right beside a flag, causing some unintentional spawn camping sometimes.. some customs are okay but others get annoying
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only custom I've played on Source is that willage map on TV1. It is definitely a spawn camper's map.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dod_anvil is one of the best customs I've ever played - it's a source map and it has a good mix of open and closed areas and the wondeful thing about it is that no area is safe because it always has at least 2 entrances, sometimes 3 or more.
=SG=ComptonEMT.TVR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
The only custom I've played on Source is that willage map on TV1. It is definitely a spawn camper's map.

willage is a very very small map thats why it seems like a spawn campers map... personally i would label it as an "all mayhem all the time" map... cause as soon as you come out of spawn someth'ns going on...

but yeah its a very small map was my point

as for others... i haven't really played any others i dont think
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat Source All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: