FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
AOE III
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vicoden

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:42 pm    Post subject: AOE III Reply with quote

I bought AOE 3 about a month ago, and when I played the first time a message came up saying it might not play right cuz something about my cpu was insufficent. Anyways, I can still play the game but during battle scenes especially if its a naval fight everything moves ULTRA slow. I usually have to click on someother area of the screen until the fight is over...which makes it alittle harder to win when you can't watch the fight. My CPU is brand new and all the specs are more then what the game said was required. They updated all the drivers when I bought it, and I tried to check for updates but it didn't seem like I needed any. If any of you have run into this and have any ideas what I'm doing wrong please let me know.

My system specs:

Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.00 GHz
2.79 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM
rANCOR hUNTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you dont have Antialiasing on. That owns most computers. Whats your gfx card?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok....I'm pretty much the dumbest person that uses computers so I don't even know if that is on and if it is I don't know how to turn it off.

I dunno what of card I have, lol...how do I find out?
LJ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right click "my computer" and select properties.
go to hardware tab and select device manager
uncheck Display Adapters to see the video card adapter.

Post here what's listed under Display Adapters
Vicoden

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Familly
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What type of graphics card do you have?

I found out with the demo my old graphics card could not handle AOEIII very well even though it was a direct x 9 like it said. So now I have the 6800GT and I have no problems. And my CPU is 2.8ghz

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
Vicoden

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900, with 128 MB shared video memory.
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicoden wrote:

Well I don't know much on Intel's own little graphics card...but my guess is that would be your problem.

squidly

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[HALO]Rebel_Rouser wrote:
Vicoden wrote:

Well I don't know much on Intel's own little graphics card...but my guess is that would be your problem.

Yep!!!

This is definitively your problem!!!

Considering the benchmark that I put in the link below, your card is worst then a GEForce FX 5200... Not worst than the 128bit, the 64bit one!!!

That is the problem of buying all-in-one comp!!! Not expensive but crappy component !!!!

My condoleance...

Youll have to stick to older game... or change your comp!!!

The benchmark site!!!
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/chipsets/display/i915g.html
Vicoden

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info, so can I just get a better video card then and the problem will be fixed? You said a new comp....thats kinda outta the question.
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicoden wrote:
Thanks for the info, so can I just get a better video card then and the problem will be fixed? You said a new comp....thats kinda outta the question.

I would think you would be able to just buy a new graphics card and unhook the old one from either your AGP or PCI slot depending on which type of motherboard you have.(probably PCI)
The best way to find our if you can would be to open up your tower and to look at your slots to see if a graphics card is in one. It should be, I don't think intel intergrates them into their board.

Vicoden

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so whats the best card I can buy? I want to make sure I get a good one.
Simpleman
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That video card is on the MB it's self so the thing you need to find out is if you have a AGP slot on your MB then go from there. There are alot of cards out there just depends on how much $$$ you want to spend. .
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you check your MB first so you know you can take the old one out. As far as buying a card, I would suggest getting a Nvidia 6800 or 6800GT. I think you can get them for less the 300 dollars now on newegg.com
(thats if of course you are willing to spend that much)

squidly

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read the conclusion of the benchmark!!!

Quote:
Conclusion
The new integrated graphics processor from Intel is undoubtedly a wide step forward over the decrepit Extreme Graphics 2 core: much higher performance, hardware support of DirectX pixel shaders, higher RAMDAC frequency, support of multi-monitor configurations, HDTV video output to appropriate displays and more.

On the other hand, the new Graphics Media Accelerator from Intel cannot do full-screen antialiasing; its anisotropic filtering of the maximum 4x level cannot be combined with tri-linear filtering; it doesn’t support T&L or vertex shaders; the need to sort polygons for the tiles greatly limits the speed in “high-polygon-count” scenes.

These facts suggest that Intel’s attitude towards integrated graphics hasn’t changed in the slightest. The company only gives its graphics the bare minimum of functionality. For example, the support of DirectX 9 pixel shaders in the new GPU is not an attempt to be better than the competitors, but rather the compliance with the requirements to the hardware that the next OS from Microsoft will produce.

Intel still doesn’t think it necessary to develop high-performance and rich-functionality integrated graphics, capable of competing with cheap standalone graphics cards. There’s no doubt that PCI Express versions of inexpensive cards from ATI and NVIDIA, like RADEON X600/X300 and GeForce PCX 5750/5300, will be faster than the new graphics core from Intel.

Anyway, integrated graphics has made a step forward as Intel brings us support of DirectX 9. We’re waiting for responses from ATI with NVIDIA, or maybe even from VIA with SiS. Stay tuned!

Wow, punch in the teeth for intel!!!!

If you have a lower budget than what Rebel has proposed, look for N-Vidia 6600GT or an ATI 9800pro!!! (Don't go lower than a 9800pro!!!)!!!

However, from what I have understand from the review, this is an integrated vid/card. That mean that the vid/card is integrated in the MB and that you cannot change it, unless you change MB AND the vid/card!!! (I mean, you have to change the motherboard to have a new vid/card)!!!

Maybe you can take a closer look at the review just to be sure, but Im quite confident that Im OK with my sentence!!!

Sorry !!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: