FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Day of Defeat legal tricks
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevo wrote:
Here's a new trick: Shoot the enemies before they kill you.

Stevo gets the the prize for best tip!

eternalVillealliance
Cake
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when should you shoot your friends, then?
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cake wrote:

Only when they become your enemies

eternalVillealliance
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cake wrote:

As soon as they start to panic.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ricen
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cake wrote:

When you are on tv1, or any other ff server.

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
[SACK]Commie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Don't know if this has been said yet... Reply with quote

When tossing nades I like to arc them real high cause an air burst will kill or atleast pepper more players with damage. If youprime and then sprint/jump on a level such as saints you can really do some damage hucking nades clear from the tank to the allied side of the arch...creating a stoppage until the initial cap can be completed, also allows you to direct attention to the left side and take a few pop shots at the broken bridge.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ricen wrote:
Cake wrote:

When you are on tv1, or any other ff server.

#Rofl
I don't do it as often as I used to...

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Tiju

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would kill rohan again and again if there was FF on

"Never Fear The Tiju is Here"
FUSE
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mister X wrote:
Another tip: If you are shooting at someone crouched, aim at their upper chest, lower neck for a head shot. The DoD hitboxes for the head are lower than what you see when people are crouched.

Whoever came up with the idea of hitboxes, for whatever reason, should have a target drawn on their head because I don't see the point. They make gameplay unfair. If I'm running and I get killed, my blood splatters like 5 feet behind me....I don't get it. I read somewhere a long time ago that the hitboxes were designed to make gameplay easier or something?

FUSE.TVR -V$-
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FUSE wrote:
Mister X wrote:
Another tip: If you are shooting at someone crouched, aim at their upper chest, lower neck for a head shot. The DoD hitboxes for the head are lower than what you see when people are crouched.

Whoever came up with the idea of hitboxes, for whatever reason, should have a target drawn on their head because I don't see the point. They make gameplay unfair. If I'm running and I get killed, my blood splatters like 5 feet behind me....I don't get it. I read somewhere a long time ago that the hitboxes were designed to make gameplay easier or something?

Hitboxes are used to detect hits on a player. Without them, no shots would register and the game would be pointless. Since the hitboxes work on the server side, sometimes lag causes them to become misaligned with the model. There's also other design flaws in the hitbox positioning, which weren't really intentional.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Firebird

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really have tricks but I always run forward (where the nade is coming from) when my enemy throws a nade at me. Nades don't seem to affect me when it goes over me and lands behind me. Most importantly I don't block my teammates and cause global panicking lol.
Kurosaki Ichigo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i sometimes find that a good thing to do is if you know someone is around a corner awiting for you, yoiu throw an unprimed nade at your feet then quickly throw a primed one around the corner forcing them to run around at you, that way you can kill them, and if they kill you first then your preset booby trap will still take em out

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snipers:
i dont have much or if you want to take advice from me or if this stuff has already been said...if your snipin in one place for like 5 minutes and get a few kills they probably know where you are by now if they do move to a better spot... when trying to kill an enemy straif back and forth and when reloading for a new bullet into the chamber get out if the way fast cuz he may be much faster than YOU..thats all i got for now i think

Thanks Srontium for the sig...!!
Wr3cktangle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as sniper, if standing to get the shot, such as from the Allied sniper tower in Donner, crouch right after the shot and/or move to the side until the next shell is in and the scope is back up. this works well when in "sniper battles" against counter snipers if you miss your shot.

it's also generally not good to try to cover too many areas.
a single allied sniper can cover the Suze while another either from the same room or the rooftop can cover the apartments, which both sharing the bridge in Sturm (the merderet remake).

knowing which walls are mg-proof and which are not also helps.

there is often very little reason for two snipers to be in the same spot.

the Allied roof in Avalanche over the first flag that leads into the apartments is easily grendade-able from inside the apartments. it's also a good spot to pick off the mg's that sit in the tunnel to the church when the battle is at the Allied first and second flags.

always, if your sucking it up with a limited weapon (sniper, mg), even if your normally a pro, give it up. if it's open after a while still, feel free to go back to it and hope your luck has changed. if not, repeat this tip.
that's more of a benefit the team then the individual tip though.

suicide runs for the last flag can be effective too, give that it's not a timed cap. you don't always have to kill everyone up to the flag to cap it. sometimes it's easier just to sprint past a few and hit the flag. it can hurt your k:d, but it's always fun to be the winning captor.

if you reload with half a clip on your pistol, you can still get all 21 (for the allies) shots even if it says you don't have any extra clips. i don't know if this works for all guns, because i usually die before going through all my ammo, except as mg sometimes.

i don't know if it's been mentioned, and it's kinda obvious, but use shadows to your advantage. sometimes, it's also good if to pre-emptively fire into the shadows or just anyplace that it's common for someone to sit in.

look for guns or body parts to clip through walls to help get an idea of where someone is coming from or hiding.

the M1 Carbine is fairly accurate and fires as fast as your fingers can shoot. don't be afraid to shoot half a clip at somebody. it however, does not have a second-fire attack, which can be a downside.

i find it funny that most of my side-specific tips are for allies when i mostly play axis.
l3eeron
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr3cktangle wrote:
it's also good if to pre-emptively fire into the shadows or just anyplace that it's common for someone to sit in.

That brings up probably THE most important tip of all:

ANTICIPATION!!!

When you know someone is around the corner, don't wait to see the whites of their eyes! Just come around the corner in a blaze of glory!

eternalVillealliance
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Day of Defeat All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: