FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
How to kill Heavy Weapons Guys
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenSpy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm... what you guys are talking about doing is not called side-stepping, or just strafing. It is called CIRCLE-STRAFING. As the name implies, you strafe, while sidestepping in a circle. Someone already said the last part, but I like to explain things
gindapoo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-01-24 17:15, CyCoDad wrote:
Unless you have the misfortune of going against YPOWOM and Rata on a sunny day in Avanti. Not a pretty picture....Been there, done that, OUCH !!

Played HW against these two in the same round and frequently had my backside handed to me that day.

I find that it is easiest to kill a HW as a soldier, just have a primed grenade ready to shorten the encounter.
thewz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, my tactic has worked against some of the ville's better heavies, of course it never worked more than once or twice at a time. The trick behind my pipebomb trap is that you place the pipebombs right around the corner, so that it is out of their line of sight. Of course, any retard will realise that you have pipes around the corner if you kill them at the same more than once.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on the other persons connection speed compared to mine, if they are about close, I doubt any class can get past me as a HW except another HW. The rest are history

This would make a good Last HW Standing Contest on the Grudge server for those who think different.
SpeCies

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I should of said, Show me instead of Telling me
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: