FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sniper Q for JD and others
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OSU Snipe Shocker

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2001 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About the pro-active snipers and all. I consider myself an offesive sniper. When the gates open, I am right there with my soldiers and HWG's, but of course, I am standing rather far back, and lining up for the quick kill. But the principle is there. I like to be there for my teammates and help take out as much of the opposing force as I can.

And as far as getting shot, I have found that running from a losing fight is always beneficial. When my health is damn near gone, I just high tail it to the nearest backpack and get back into the thick of it.

This technique keeps the ratio up and the offense good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
DukeNukem
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2001 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those getting cramps from holding down the mouse button or a key bound to fire -- this raises an interesting question:

Could you split up and bind each action to separate keys, (or possibly set one key to toggle -- I don't know if that is possible)? What I mean is lets say I set the alt key to be the same as pressing and holding the fire key, and then set it so that when I press the space bar it would actually release the shot (or the other, if it is possible, to set the space bar to toggle - i.e. when pressed it charges and holds until pressed again when it fires and releases). Which, in light of another thread, makes me wonder if splitting up actions like this as opposed to chaining them together would be considered a cheat?

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
I STINK, therefore I SPAM!
[doctored Descartes]
Rata-tat-tat
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hand cramp ? well when i feel i have held it long enough I go looken for someone to kill and about crotch shots its more fun then head shots iver crotched many-oh-men with the riffle just watch out for that nasty gibb flyen through the air

Rata-tat-tat on yo hat. Eat it up fast or you will get the bat.
llama_beans
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2001 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea I'm not at my home computer to look it up but you can bind the fire key to when you press it it holds until the next time you press it. I got really worried about hand cramps when I first started playing, so I started using it. I will post it when I get back. But this can also screw you up if you want to do a quick shot... now you have to press the button twice to do a quick shot.

I think tfc.pcgame.com has the script there. But it also messes with other classes. When I go to pyro my mouse button is bound down and can't be unbound.... Even with a script to unbind the button and rebinding it back to normal...Just a FYI...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DukeNukem
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2001 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Beans:

You could set two different binds then. One for quick shot that acts as the regular fire and another as your toggle bind. That would have the best of both worlds.

=US-])uke]\[ukem-V=
I STINK, therefore I SPAM!
[doctored Descartes]
LittleHelper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2001 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I beleive this goes 4 everyone that the snipers usually go for the llamas n ne case
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: