FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Yet another posting on CL_FlushEntityPacket

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackDemon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:47 pm    Post subject: Yet another posting on CL_FlushEntityPacket Reply with quote

I have been getting the CL_FlushEntityPacket error more frequently lately. I have searched the Internet and these postings. I would appreciate any information about fixing this lag.

Vulcan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried changeing your rate? your video framerate?
BlackDemon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 8:00 pm    Post subject: CL_Flush... Reply with quote

I have tried several commands in the console, but none of them help. rate, cl_rate, netgraph, fps_max, cl_updaterate, cl_cmdrate.

I have looked at several sites. A good list of HL commands are at http://half-life.gamehelp.com/console/tweaks.html

I have also contacted SIERRA, but I'm not expecting much from them.
Jasun

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2002 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.halflifeworld.co.uk/hl_fixit.htm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply from SIERRA Reply with quote

Here is the reply I got from SIERRA:
Quote:
The problem you describe points to connection issues.

1. Check the connection to the WON authentication server. You can use a utility called TRACERT to break down the connection times within the path to the server. Write down the IP address of the server to which you are trying to connect. The addresses for the authentication servers are:

West Coast: 216.52.220.16
Central: 63.251.143.213
East Coast: 63.251.143.218

For Windows 95/98/ME click on the Start button, Programs, MS-DOS prompt.
For Windows 2000/XP click on the Start button, Programs, Accessories, Command Prompt.
At the prompt type:

tracert 216.52.220.16 > c:\wontrc1.txt
tracert 63.251.143.213 > c:\wontrc2.txt
tracert 63.251.143.218 > c:\wontrc3.txt

This will create text files in c:\. The files contain a breakdown of your connection times to the various servers en route to the server on which you are trying to play. Use any ASCII text editor (for example, Wordpad) to view the file. The numbers represent the number of milliseconds it takes for a packet of data to travel from your computer to a server along your route and back. All of your times should be below 400 ms, and the total number of hops (lines) should be less than twenty. Also, an asterisk (*) is a bad sign because it means that the packet did not make it back to your computer at all before it expired.

If you are having problems with particular game servers, highlight the server in the in-game browser and click on View Game Info to get the IP address of the server. You can then trace the connection to this server as well. If only a few servers give you problems then the servers themselves may be having problems and you will want to avoid them.

If your numbers are extremely slow, contact your ISP for more information on improving the connection speed. If they cannot help, you may want to consider trying another ISP in your area.

2. While in the game, bring down console (~ key) and use cl_rate command. cl_ratesets the rate that client will send data to the server in bytes per second. Usage is as follows:

cl_rate X

Where X is a number. For example, cl_rate 9001.204 will set rate to 9001.204 . Suggested starting values: 1000-4000 modem, 5000-7000 ISDN, 6000-10000 cable/DSL, 7000-20000 T1, 20000+ LAN. Bad values cause lag. Try non-integers like 4001.0528

3. Make sure you have the latest drivers for your modem or network card specifically designed for your operating system. Drivers are available from the web site of your hardware manufacturer.

4. If you are connected through a router or firewall, as a troubleshooting measure disconnect these and connect your computer directly to the internet. If the problem goes away, refer to the manual for the router/firewall to configure it properly.

5. Close All Background Programs and Utilities:
Programs that initialize every time the computer restarted can take up memory and interfere with other programs. In most cases, these applications are not necessary to run the program, and are possibly conflicting. To make sure all of the background programs are closed:
For Win 95/98/ME:
A. Make sure you have all programs closed(nothing on your taskbar)
B. While holding down both the Ctrl and Alt key, press delete on your keyboard
C. You should get a "Close Program" window
D. Left-Click on name, and hit the "End Task" button
E. Make sure that you do this for every entry with the exception of "Explorer" and "Systray", those two files are required for any program to run under windows.
F. When you have only "Explorer" and "Systray" left in the window it means you have closed all background programs.
G. Note that when you restart your computer and programs will open again, and you will have to repeat the process.

For NT/2000/XP:
a. Right-click on an empty area of taskbar
b. Select Task Manager
c. Close all listed programs.

6. This issue may be caused by having unessasary network adapters, either dial-up or network cards. This can also be caused by misconfiguration of network components. Please contact your ISP to determine which devices in Network applet in Control Panel are required by their service and to delete all unnecessary devices, as well as check that necessary components are configured correctly.

I tried the tracert with the WON East and with TV1-TV6. At first, everything was fine for WON and TV1-TV3. I couldn't connect to TV5 and I timed out with TV6. BUT then I couldn't connect to any of them. I'll try again tonight.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add or change these two settings in your TFC Config.cfg

fps_max "72.0" //Video Frames Per Sec
fps_modem "33.0" // This being set to high is the cause of the Overflow problem.. if your using an Analog modem aka 28.8/56k...
Adjust it as high as you can until the error starts. #alien
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> John_Doe's Tip Section All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: