FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
my video.....

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TacoBell
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:42 am    Post subject: my video..... Reply with quote

please watch and give comments, i work really hard on them

its video's of airsoft op's
no not the wussy airsoft in most places real milsim like its supposed to be played

high quailty (recommended)
http://teamlightningwar.com/op_influx_high.html

low quality (only watch if you have to)
http://teamlightningwar.com/op_influx.html

please if you dont like it at least be constructive

thank you

thank you strontium for the sig!
how many windows you know that come witha troll?-hoss delgado
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Verbannt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's kinda hard to tell what's going on in the video since the battlefield is so freaking big. The few things I noticed that bugged me were the 10 minute intro and outro's and even the highquality version of the video isn't that great, but I guess that should be expected of a camcorder, or whatever you were using when you were running around. Atleast you had decent music

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Video Reply with quote

I have been shooting and editing video for a few years now both professionally and personally. I use Sony Vegas 4.0 to do most of my editing work and I use a Sony VX-2100 for the camera work.

Ok, now you know where I am coming from. When you make a video you always want to take into account who your audience is. Is this video for the Airsoft Players and posterity or for promotional or non player viewing.

I don't play so I found this video to be long and hard to watch. As someone who doesn't understand the game I am not interested in rules or briefings. The combat action is pretty good but it could have used some cut-ins of close up shots of people firing or getting hit.

I know that you are no making a living at this or anything and I am not trying to be harsh. I want to help you make the best video you can make. Don't redo the whole thing, keep it. It is an excellent documentry on what happened that day. But, consider making a "highlight" video that contains 3-6 second clips of real action scenes in rapid succesion with powerful music as the background.

This will be interesting to watch for all audiences and will help you get other people excited about playing airsoft. Examples of this type of video can be found watching ESPN's Sports Center, X Games footange, or Skating Videos.

I hope this helped you out!
""Throw her down!" Jehu said. So they threw her down, and some of her blood spattered the wall and the horses as they trampled her underfoot." 2 Kings 9:33

TacoBell
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha its a samsung DV camcorder, not the best i agree, and belive it or not the intro was more like 40min i cut it down a lot though.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
JEHU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject: Location Reply with quote

:::Off Subject:::

Taco,

Is your location supposed to be a joke? I don't think that rendom violence on the homeless is a funny subject. I know that you are most likely not doing this, but as a person who from time to time works with homeless and indigent people it hit a nerve. Consider changing your location to teh real place you live or something a little less horriffic. Thanks.
""Throw her down!" Jehu said. So they threw her down, and some of her blood spattered the wall and the horses as they trampled her underfoot." 2 Kings 9:33

TacoBell
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Video Reply with quote

JEHU wrote:
I have been shooting and editing video for a few years now both professionally and personally. I use Sony Vegas 4.0 to do most of my editing work and I use a Sony VX-2100 for the camera work.

Ok, now you know where I am coming from. When you make a video you always want to take into account who your audience is. Is this video for the Airsoft Players and posterity or for promotional or non player viewing.

I don't play so I found this video to be long and hard to watch. As someone who doesn't understand the game I am not interested in rules or briefings. The combat action is pretty good but it could have used some cut-ins of close up shots of people firing or getting hit.

I know that you are no making a living at this or anything and I am not trying to be harsh. I want to help you make the best video you can make. Don't redo the whole thing, keep it. It is an excellent documentry on what happened that day. But, consider making a "highlight" video that contains 3-6 second clips of real action scenes in rapid succesion with powerful music as the background.

This will be interesting to watch for all audiences and will help you get other people excited about playing airsoft. Examples of this type of video can be found watching ESPN's Sports Center, X Games footange, or Skating Videos.

I hope this helped you out!

actually not harsh at all thanks for your input

i will be paid for this soon, the guy who is paying seen my video's and loves them but of course im just an amature when it comes to moving pictures , the guy wants me to travel with his airsoft op and make DVD quaility movies

so far i got this to help

cut down intro
and spice it up with more action scenes

sounds good to me

anymore suggestions?

TacoBell
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Location Reply with quote

JEHU wrote:
:::Off Subject:::

Taco,

Is your location supposed to be a joke? I don't think that rendom violence on the homeless is a funny subject. I know that you are most likely not doing this, but as a person who from time to time works with homeless and indigent people it hit a nerve. Consider changing your location to teh real place you live or something a little less horriffic. Thanks.

sorry i didnt relize i put that on this forum, its for another forum. changed!

the other forum everyone puts in stupid things for thier location i took mine from a very bad one and made it nicer, wont metion the bad one

JEHU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: CAMERA Reply with quote

Get a good camera, one with 3CCD's is best. You will not believe the color difference. Of course a good mic would help to. I have listed some models of differnt prince ranges I recommend.

Also when I say close up, I mean close. Nothing makes you feel the action or intensity like the expression on a face, even masked. Remember every video is a story. Stay focused on the story you want to tell and your videos will be 100% better. Every shot is a page in your video story, so make the the pages are in order.

I also recommend subscribing to Videomaker Magazine. This really helped me as I was getting started. Check out their website too.

Cameras (I have bought everything from B&H in New York)

B&H Web Site - http://www.bhphotovideo.com

1. Sony VX2100

2. Panasonic PV-GS180

3. Canon GL2

I hope this helps you a little more.

TacoBell
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your help JEHU exactly what i was looking for!

JEHU

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:10 am    Post subject: NP Reply with quote

NP I am happy to help, good luck!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: