FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Keyboard

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Killer KoolAid Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 1:49 pm    Post subject: Keyboard Reply with quote

I was wondering if anyone knew how to route a button on my keyboard to say open like itunes or soemthing. Like My home key goes to my default browser...i was wondering if anyone knew how i could change those...how i could get into the driver or something cuz i got a wireless....let me know if you guys know anything...thanks
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Replica
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure entirely but if you right clcik on pretty much any shortcut you can select a hotkey for it..
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replica wrote:
not sure entirely but if you right clcik on pretty much any shortcut you can select a hotkey for it..

I don't see that option.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the make of your keyboard?
Dell? Microsoft? Logitech?
If it is one of the above, you should have drivers that come with it. In Control Panel, you might be able to set the function of keys.

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Killer KoolAid Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its a dynex
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmm....dunno
Checked the Net for info but there was nothing on reprogramming the keys. I've never used a Dynex so I wouldn't know.

There IS a program that allows you to completely remap your keyboard.

http://webpages.charter.net/krumsick/

This will also give you access to the multimedia buttons.

I used to use it to turn off the left hand Windows key....now I don't have that problem anymore now I've been playing a while!

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Killer KoolAid Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats almost what i need...i dont think that program can re route it to open an exe file or nething tho
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep...you're right. It just remaps the keyboard to another key.
Silly me. d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

So I did another search and found this program:

http://www.autohotkey.com/

It does the same thing...allows key remapping but it also will allow you to run programs and such from key presses.
The only thing is, it is a scripting language (which looks to be pretty easy) and has a large help forum comes with it. But it will allow you to make your keys work for you.
The tutorials are good too.
I haven't installed it so I don't know if it will work....

Killer KoolAid Man

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i really odnt understand how you find these things...i might have looked for a total of like 2 hours in the past few days
Canadian Rifle

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

right click on the icon, go into properties and under start in there will be a hot key blank where u can enter a key to use!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> Tech Corner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: