FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Nubcake Questions

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> World of Warcraft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Nubcake Questions Reply with quote

Well so far I've got to say WoW has got me slightly hooked - not sure I'll keep playing after the end of my trial but it's been fun so far.

Anyhoo - gots a couple of questions.

1) How do I train to use a certain type of weapon? So far my warrior has been using 2 handed swords but I've got hold of an impressive sounding Axe of Agility, but I don't have the required 2-handed axe skills to use it, how do I acquire them?

2) So far I've just been levelling through quests and killing things, is there any other way of doing that? I've found it necessary, especially since I've been going it alone rather than grouping, to level up before completing some quests, but endlessly killing respawning things does get a bit dull.

3) What are good skills to learn? Is it worth my while trying given I only have (I think) 5 days left?

So far I've only tried warrior classes, I have a human and an undead, still want to try rogue and mage before my trials up.
Tickles

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You train different weapons from the weapon masters in Stormwind, Ironforge and Darnassus. The master in Stormwind teaches swords, staves, daggers. Ironforge master teaches axes and I believe maces. The Darnassus one is fists, bows I believe. The master in Stormwind is just beside the auction house where that cart is in the town square. In ironforge he's in the Military Ward in Timberland Arms as for darnassus, Im not exactly sure. Ask a guard. Training a new weapon costs 10 silver.

The way to level in WoW is by doing quests, killing things basically.

You can try playing with tradeskills. As a warrior mining/blacksmithing would be best. You can make yourself new weapons and armors as you advance in level.

Or you could be herbalism/alchemy to make yourself different potions to help you, i.e health, fortitude, armor.

Engineering/Mining - you get a bunch of cool toys. Bombs and what not. Once you hit your max 225/225 trade skill and are lvl 40 you have to decide on what path you want to take. Goblin or Gnomish engineering.

There's many websites out there that may help you. There's www.worldofwarcraft.com .. it has a players guide to all the questions you've asked it's really helpful. Explains alot of things.

Goodluck in your travels!
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: Nubcake Questions Reply with quote

Greebo wrote:
Is it worth my while trying given I only have (I think) 5 days left?

No ....... come back to TV1 !!!!

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
Greebo
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry, I'm not taking a long break from source - I just kinda burnt myself out over the past 2 weeks.
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Re: Nubcake Questions Reply with quote

Ricen wrote:
Greebo wrote:

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
StrontiumDog
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greebo wrote:
Don't worry, I'm not taking a long break from source - I just kinda burnt myself out over the past 2 weeks.

Blame Bender....or JD!

"Oh Smeg! What the smeg's he smegging done? He's smegging killed me!" Lister, Red Dwarf
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
merf
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject: Re: Nubcake Questions Reply with quote

Ricen wrote:
Greebo wrote:

I agree....from what I can tell WOW is digital crack....they give you a taste and the next thing you you're hooked.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Re: Nubcake Questions Reply with quote

merf wrote:
Ricen wrote:
Greebo wrote:

I agree....from what I can tell WOW is digital crack....they give you a taste and the next thing you you're hooked.

Moma says WoW is the devil

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died.
Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
- General George S. Patton, Jr
Malanthros

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also get experience by turning in Honor tokens after doing PvP battlegrounds, but I only suggest that at higher levels if you want to start getting a head start on a higher pvp rank.

Mining / Blacksmithing will be an alright thing. Engineering is fun, although not always the most useful. It's tough picking a profession at a later time in your characters life, as all the stuff you would have collected will be in lower leveled areas, which you really dont need to be in anymore. If you don't mind doing a bit of extra running around, then sure, it'll totally be worth it.

Also Herbalism/Alchemy has never hurt anyone, every class can use potions.

To make money, I say take 2 of the 3 harvesting classes. Herbalism, Mining, Skinning. You can always hop on the Auction HOuse and sell off the gathered materials. Although this means you will not have any real skills to make items for yourself at a later date, it's helpful to guilds that need herbs or minerals or whatnot down the line.

Thank you Loka for helping me realize my dream of having a Sig.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> World of Warcraft All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: