FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Willy Wonka Movie!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xeiverio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Willy Wonka Movie!! Reply with quote

man i can not wait,for the willy wonka movie to come out NEXT WEEKEND,from what i have heard its more based on the book VS the original Willy wonka movie. so therefore it might be a bit diffrent then the original,what do you guys think????????

-xeiverio-
ANGELOFDEATH-VS-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:39 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

I think that its gonna kick azzl Willy wonka always does!
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks pretty weird.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks freaky, in that I will not be going to it alone, if I go at all... Last movie I went to see in at the movies would be Robots heh that was back in February? March? something like that.

From article I read, it sounds like it is not a remake, but rather a version of the film based on the book. I think I read one of the guys in charge of producing/directing something like that hadn't seen the Gene Wilder one, and when he asked if he should see it, he was told vehemently not to....

those lavender eyes on the cover of the Entertainment Weekly magazine that sits on my register freak me out every time I work. He looks like he is a 12 yr old... creepy.

http://ctprofiles.net/799963
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
sgt stutter
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

click--><eVa>SuperGreg

R.I.P Trigger Happy
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nooooooooo make it go away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I stared at it for 9 hrs today..... make it stoooooooppp!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i loved the original and i cant wait for the new one to come out

5th GHG E.G. Mine

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kahlan Amnell wrote:
It looks freaky, in that I will not be going to it alone, if I go at all... Last movie I went to see in at the movies would be Robots heh that was back in February? March? something like that.

From article I read, it sounds like it is not a remake, but rather a version of the film based on the book. I think I read one of the guys in charge of producing/directing something like that hadn't seen the Gene Wilder one, and when he asked if he should see it, he was told vehemently not to....

those lavender eyes on the cover of the Entertainment Weekly magazine that sits on my register freak me out every time I work. He looks like he is a 12 yr old... creepy.
What do you expect when Tim Burton's (Director) involved?
Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5th GHG E.G. Mine wrote:
Kahlan Amnell wrote:

What do you expect when Tim Burton's (Director) involved?

shi-its and giggles?

Violent Pacifist

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have loooow expectations for this movie. First off, I must say that I bothered to read the book again after hearing people say that this one was supposed to be more like it than the original.... err, not quite. From the previews of this movie alone, I can already tell you that this may in fact stray further away from the book than the first did.

Then, in my own personal opinion, they have completely misinterpretted Willy Wonka's character. I have a ton of respect for Johhny Depp and his acting talents, but it just seems wrong the way he's playing him. Admittedly, Gene Wilder didn't stick directly to the implied character of the book either, but he definately created one who fit in perfectly with the story, perhaps even more so than the one made by Ronald Dahl.

Then there's the fact that Tim Burton's directing it... I've enjoyed the movies of his I've seen, and I'd have to say he's fairly good at his job. But, in all honesty, this is not a movie for him. He tends to stick to the darker side of things and this is most definately not a dark kind of story (No, the book wasn't dark or scary, nor was it meant to be. It is a children's book written by a children's author. It was a shot at the absurdity of society displayed by comedic elements. The story as a whole could best be described as uplifting, one where the underdog beat all odds and came out on top.)

Needless to say, I will see it anyway

We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.
Ameanman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing will beat the creepiness of the original Oompa Loompas...

NOTHING!
Krazy Karl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Wonka Reply with quote

Is Willy wonka really supposed to look like a flaming freak? He looks so freaking weird, gay and totally a flaming homo!! This is my opinion anyway. He kinda looks like he missed his own funeral!

Compare:

Kahlan Amnell
Queen of Spam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Wonka Reply with quote

Krazy Karl wrote:
totally a flaming homo!!

Shame on you Not talking
that's not nice.....

Mike

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like kahlan said, he looks like he's 12, except he also looks like a girl.
Krazy Karl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry. But it is true...he looks like either a girl, or not straight.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> General Ramblings All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: