FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Just Curious about NS???

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-=Morpheus=-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:10 pm    Post subject: Just Curious about NS??? Reply with quote

Could someone please explain to me what the objective of Natural Selection is I know you have Marines and Aliens but its unlike any other game I've ever played.

and I was wondering if someone could could shed some light on how its played cause I'm kinda interested in getting in on some of the Ville Servers that are hosting it.

Oh by the way thanks to everyone's help I got steam back up and running and I'm able to connect to my account have no idea what the problem was but all I know is that its fixed and I'm able to play again

w00t!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, its not that complicated really, when you boil it up, it comes down to 'The team with the most resources, wins.' Pretty much what you do is either be a builder (aliens) and build resource towers and other towers to defend them as well as build more hives. Your mission as an alien is to kill the marine Command Center (CC).

If your a marine, you have a commander, who is supposed to lead the team to victory by giving them orders and new supplies. The supplies require resources to get. Your mission as a marine is to kill all the alien hives.

did that help?
-=Morpheus=-

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea
Server Admin
Server Admin

NS is a highly team based game, more so than the mass majority of mods out there (Possibly the most team dependent). Your teams ultimate objective is to prevent the other team from spawning. You do this by destroying the Alien hives (Up to 3 hives) if you are a marine and if you are alien you must destroy the marine Infantry Portals (IPs), unless you are in combat then you must destroy their Command Chair (CC).

Here are some tips.

Play at TV3. ask any of my guys for help (Anyone with the nD. Tag) we love to train new people.

If you are a marine, Listen to your commander. They usually have the best idea of what is going on and are manytimes the more experenced players on the server.

Stay with a team mate. You will live alot longer that way.

Expect to die alot at first. NS does not leave much margine for error, but just keep working on it and you will get better.

Ambushing is your best friend, exspecially as an alien. Aliens have very few ranged weapons, and what they do have are ment for support. The key is to bring the marines to you with out letting them know where you are.

Know what true spawn camping is. Because the objective is to stop the enemy from spawning you will have the enemy in your spawn. It is only spawn camping if the are killing without tring to win (Attacking CC/IPs/Hives). This can be fustrating, but it is part of the game.

Combat (maps starting with co_) games are ment to be short, many times less than 10 mins. Typically the first team to make a mistake will lose with little chance of a comeback.

Classic (maps starting with ns_) games are the true NS. These games an be short as 5 mins (rare) and I have seen them last upto 3 hours. on average they last 20 - 30 mins. Here it is teamwork that will win with a little bit of luck once in awhile. This is not as fast paced as combat, but you can make a comback if you make a mistake. Here you do not have to have perfect aim if you can out think your enemy you can be just as, if not more deadly. I recommend this mode.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
-=Morpheus=-

yea

Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I get for being a slow typer, I started that when there where no replies
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rebel_Rouser
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I already posted this lol but I must have dreamed it But nice sig Morph

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
Speaker's Xeno

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its pretty much all they said

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Stevo
Ville Supporter
Ville Supporter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaker for the Dead wrote:
its pretty much all they said

I agree to this pointless post.

The Official TVR Website

Fopp
Song of the Week
The Nanite
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend TV2 for Combat... I'll play Classic NS but I prefer the fast paced and immediate action of Combat.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nanite wrote:
I recommend TV2 for Combat... I'll play Classic NS but I prefer the fast paced and immediate action of Combat.

i don't like you anymore!
[HALO]MasterChief

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nanite wrote:

yeah i can stand combat cause its actually fun for me. normal ns just isnt fun to me. i try to like it but cant get into it.
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[HALO]Master_Chief wrote:
Nanite wrote:

yeah i can stand combat cause its actually fun for me. normal ns just isnt fun to me. i try to like it but cant get into it.

Ya i agree with chief and nanite, I really cannot get into NS though, combat i can stand but it jsut does not seem to much fun, I guess keyes has not been on to rave about ns in this post yet, i am sure it will change soon

Longest Running Show in Broadway History 1/9/06
ShenTraX
Server Admin
Server Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whats this NS thing you speak of?
NS World Author
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Ville.org Half-Life Gaming Community Forum Index -> F-A-Q All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: