The Beauty of Mystcraft: A showcase of my work

For the denizens of the Minecraft servers
Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

The Beauty of Mystcraft: A showcase of my work

Post by Guardian » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:39 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like to showcase my work. In tekkit there are many engineers however I am an artist, while many artists paint with a brush, I paint symbols to create entire realms! My art is fully interactive and can even serve as a home for players joining the server!

The Hub:

My Finest work if I may boast. The Hub is my greatest contribution is both is practical use and design. As the name implies it is a floating island in a void filled with random spheres. I like to think it represents how even at the great distances and we are brought together at this one location. The Great Mystcraft library is located here and you may teleport to all my other realms.

The Great Snow Forest

As you can see this is a unique realm because it serves many core themes seemily blended into one. My great snow realms have always been a favorite of mine but I've blended in a Cave world and multiple underground features to create a great multilayered realm. This realm is excellent for regular mining as it's underground caves seem to go deep and further then most vanilla world counterparts making an idea world for settling if you wish for a more exotic setting.

The Industrial Realm

Alright in this realm I accepted dark elements to create a sort beauty from ugliness. This world was created out of a need for quartz, mob essence and gelid cylitium and I mixed in other pages to create a dark populated. Technically it is livable but it serves more as a resource world.

These are just a small sample of my work, if you wish to see what else I have created, you can take the portal near spawn in the tekkit server.

Also:

This realm, holds many treasures but the link I forged to it is unstable. For those who disregard danger I encourage you to go forth but be warned, this realm is not as forgiving as my others.

If you are playing Tekkit and have a reasonable request for a world, I'll happily accept it if it is my realm of power.

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: The Beauty of Mystcraft: A showcase of my work

Post by Guardian » Thu Dec 04, 2014 12:17 pm

I'm thinking of creating another "habitable" realm and I'm looking for inspiration for what I could create.

Keep in mind I can edit the colors of trees, grass, water, sky color and a few other things and edit what liquid the seas are made up of and choose between a flat world, standard world, cave world and if I can find the dang page, a skyland world.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:44 pm

I've got at least one Skylands page, Guardian, that I can make a copy of for you. Any others you're looking for?
-Boss Llama

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:46 pm

Thanks for the offer but I actually literally found a skyland page today. The only one I'm still missing is a glowstone block page which is annoying because I've been looking for one for a while.

Next realm I'm going to make is a skyland zone, the real question is what features should it have....

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:17 pm

Glowstone Block or Energized Glowstone Block? I have the regular Glowstone Block page.
-Boss Llama

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:28 pm

The regular one I have the energized one.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:18 am

Excellent. Perhaps a trade? The energized version is one of the very few pages I still need.
-Boss Llama

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:54 am

Deal, I'll leave a copy of the energized one in the community chest and you can do the same with the regular block.

Alright I'm also thinking of some sort of realm, maybe the skyland realm where I can justify having meat block crystal formation... maybe I'll modify grass and trees to have red leaves.

EDIT:

So I've started a project where I make some of my "habitable" realms more accessable from spawn so that newbies can settling in a realm easily and be assured it has all the same resources as the overworld and maybe adding a "sister" realm to each of them to act as the nether.

Zork Nemesis
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Zork Nemesis » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:05 am

I can't tell if that's a chunk error in the fourth screenshot.

This is hard to be cool and suave while being informative at the same time. Goddamn my coolness.
In my experience, common sense isn't too common.

ADevilishPotato
Server Ops
Server Ops

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by ADevilishPotato » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:05 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:I can't tell if that's a chunk error in the fourth screenshot.
Nope, it is the result of a quarry doing it's thing :P
WARPATH Cup '12- [WARPATH] We are running past all the heavies
The Ville Cup '12- (DYD) Dirty Dan's Double D's
Dust Bowl loves Warpath '13- (CD-i) Chokepoints and Demomen- international (Champions!)
The Ville Cup '13- [T^5] Tuber's Truly Terrifying Tator Tots
The Ville Cup '14- GCI_ Guild of Calamitous Intent

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Post by Guardian » Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:51 pm

Zork Nemesis wrote:I can't tell if that's a chunk error in the fourth screenshot.
Potato said, that's from a super quary. I used to the shot to illustrate the multiple layers the realm has.