What kind of mods do you guys prefer?

For the denizens of the Minecraft servers

What kind of mods do you prefer?

Wizard (Ars Magica 2, Thaumcraft)
8%
Engineer (IC2, Buildcraft)
15%
Builder (Carpenter's blocks, forge microblocks)
No votes
Automater (Minefactory Reloaded)
No votes
All-around (little bit of everything)
31%
Vanilla (no-mods) why would I be here in the first place?
46%
Not any :( I'll tell you what I am though
No votes

Total votes: 13

BlackHawk_989
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

What kind of mods do you guys prefer?

Post by BlackHawk_989 » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:32 am

This is a poll to see how many villuns are just like to focus on one aspect of a mod pack and like to stick to the theme of the thing you choose :D

If your not any player that I have listed please feel free to post which type of a player you are.

-Blackhawk

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Re: What kind of mods do you guys prefer?

Post by Guardian » Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Probably well rounded but in general I like to solve new problems with new and old tools. I believe I stated this before but I got bored of Tekkit when I realized most of the time I was solving the same old problems with more complicated solutions. Mystcraft gave me a fun incentive to keep exploring new worlds (being able to create DIFFERENT wacky worlds) but when the server reset I didn't want to do the work to make a new complete library.

Even in vanilla the new update of new biomes encouraged me to explore, find and tame horses, and figure out how to move to a cool rare biome. Once I got settled in my new house I got bored and stop playing again.

If I'm ever to get back into a minecraft mod it'll have to be one which creates new challenges that are compelling enough to interest me.

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Sun Mar 02, 2014 2:56 pm

Either un-modded Vanilla (NO minimaps, waypoints, or other hax), or full-on Tekkit all-inclusive. I don't want half-steps either way. When in Tekkit I use pretty much everything it has to offer, but I suppose I'm most focused on IC and MFR, and less so on stuff like magic.

Incidentally, while in Vanilla my goal is usually to construct something as massive as possible, in Tekkit I pursue the most compact solutions possible. In Vanilla, making large stuff is a challenge, while in Tekkit it's stupidly easy. In Tekkit I take pride in fitting as much capacity as possible in to a small or unassuming space.
-Boss Llama

Will T.
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Will T. » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:43 pm

I like playing straight-up vanilla, but that mostly started because of how hard it is (or at least used to be) to install mods and keep them up to date. I didn't like the idea of having to wait a few weeks or months after every patch to find a compatibility update to my favorite mods, and even worse would be finding that a favorite mod had abruptly ceased updating. I used to be waiting for the release of the official mod API, at which point I was going to try some mods out (and perhaps even try to make some myself?), but it seems as if that idea has been silently abandoned.

There's also more accomplishment in building something with only the tools you're given. I like building efficient Redstone contraptions as well as constructing huge stuff without the use of mods designed to make it easier.