Minecraft Hardcore Survival island or nether or nothing?

For the denizens of the Minecraft servers

What Hardcore survival event would you like?

Survival Island (on-going event)
40%
Nether Survival (single event)
No votes
I'm neutral to either but hardcore is fun
40%
I'm not interested in any Hardcore survival event
20%

Total votes: 5

Guardian
Villun
Villun

Ville Awards

Minecraft Hardcore Survival island or nether or nothing?

Post by Guardian » Sun May 05, 2013 7:09 am

So I've decided to retweak my hardcore survival event idea (one life to gear up and kill the wither). Especially after I've noticed the second season minecraft hardcore has started: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IWRLODeEhQ, and I've come up with 2 main ways to make the event work.

Survival island is basically an ongoing event that would have a set start date but no real end time, it would either end when the wither is killed or anyone who particpates are dead. I imagine it would last a weekend or so with everyone logging in and out depending on their schedules. I'd allow anyone to leave or join at any point with the catch that everyone has only one life on the island.

Nether Survival is a bit different. We'd be forfilling a contract from Shadymining co and trying to set up a base in the nether and we'd eventually kill the wither. Unlike the other event we'd be able to take some idea with us like iron armor to speed things up. This would be a lot short but it would be putting everyone in danger sooner.

I'll probably decide on more rules later based on feedback but I wanted to gauge how many people would be interested.