For the denizens of the Minecraft servers
Ihmhi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Advisory: Do NOT use Minecarts!

Post by Ihmhi » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:20 am

I blackscreened while I was in a Minecart. When I closed out Minecraft and reconnected, I respawned in pure blackness. I then died and none of my stuff dropped. I lost two diamond picks and a load of other goodies.

My first point of advice would be to not use Minecarts at all if you ever crash, even occasionally.

My second point of advice is that if you do use Minecarts, do not disconnect in them.

I'll pay 1 Refined for A Distinctive Lack of Hue and 1 Reclaimed for Mann Co. Orange (All outta items for this week~ :< )

My TF2 Backpack

Plinko
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Re: Advisory: Do NOT use Minecarts!

Post by Plinko » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:35 am

Don't disconnect in boats, either. But this is really only for SMP, SP should be fine.
"I made all my gold into pants" - Ignatius

Ihmhi
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Loading…

Post by Ihmhi » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:37 am

I DC'd in a boat before and all that happened was a "ghost" of me was left behind. All of my gear was otherwise intact.

I'll test this a bit more rigorously soon, unless someone wants to. See if we get a definite answer or what.

I'll pay 1 Refined for A Distinctive Lack of Hue and 1 Reclaimed for Mann Co. Orange (All outta items for this week~ :< )

My TF2 Backpack

Boss Llama
Site Admin
Site Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by Boss Llama » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:21 am

I've been around quite a few people who've crashed out in minecarts and boats, and have done so myself on my other rig. Only thing I've ever had happen was the ghost version being left behind, which vanishes the moment you destroy the cart/boat under them.

I wouldn't be surprised if you reconnected in a different place than you were when you disconnected, and it wasn't safe. I've seen that happen to people a couple times... especially if they happen to be underground when they DC (dunno if you were or not). The other day Taco was checking out the catacombs under DC and crashed out. When he came back, he was hanging off the side of the cathedral roof. I wonder if it reconnected you inside some architecture or something?
-Boss Llama

TACOBELL
Villun
Villun

Games Played

Ville Awards

Post by TACOBELL » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:38 am

Alizée Fan wrote:The other day Taco was checking out the catacombs under DC and crashed out. When he came back, he was hanging off the side of the cathedral roof. I wonder if it reconnected you inside some architecture or something?

That was still extremely funny haaha..... but i blackscreen DC'd on the skyrail once.... and it made me spawn just below it and i fell to my death.... think thats what happened to you. but that was once out of like 20 times.... for some reason it likes to move you up or down in the world
Eat all the tacos!

BETTEH
Server Admin
Server Admin

Games Played

Ville Awards

Loading…

Post by BETTEH » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:30 pm

When iown blacked out in Harriet tub man the roof is only two blocks so he spawned on the surface 40 something blocks up. Otherwise in stations it's just fine, you leave a ghost and you are right back where you were before
2004 DOD Ville Cup Champs - Hobo Strike Squad
Fanciful Unicorn! 2011 Warpath Cup + Villympics Champs.